• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sanders Flies Back to Vermont After NY Defeat

Sherman123

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Apparently Senator Sanders has returned to Vermont instead of proceeding to the upcoming primary states next week. This comes after his big defeat in New York and with Clinton leading in virtually all of the upcoming states in just about every poll. Therefore many are speculating that he may be deciding how to proceed if he is heavily defeated next week. I wonder if he drops out if she makes another clean sweep.

Sanders flies home to Vermont - POLITICO

Couldnt it just be that he needed a little break from the campaign trail?

The guy is fighting the good fight...and although I am a Hillary Clinton supporter, I give him huge credit for his energy in this fight and his relative success.

I suspect he will continue in the race...at least until after Pennsylvania. If Pennsylvania is a disaster...he may well drop out. He may even drop his Democratic Party membership at that point...although I think not. My guess is he sees the GOP for the disaster and danger that party is to America and reasonable governance...and will try to help Hillary Clinton in the General Election in any way she and her campaign thing appropriate.

And...a day or two of rest for someone his age is not the dumbest thing he could do.

CNN said Hillary was pissed that Bernie was trashing her on the campaign trail. Don't be surprised if it's over for him [or if he passes in his sleep] :shock:

CNN said Hillary was pissed that Bernie was trashing her on the campaign trail. Don't be surprised if it's over for him [or if he passes in his sleep] :shock:

Oh Good Grief, Really?

Back
Top Bottom