• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Same situation, different headlines by CNN and Fox

Objective Voice

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I was reviewing news sources today going through the various articles, and I come across an article on CNN about the Alvin Bragg NY hush money case. The headline there reads:

Source: "NY prosecutors willing to delay Trump hush money trial"

After reading the article, I came away a little perturbed because it's yet another case pertaining to Donald Trump that will potentially be delayed again (which is exactly what Trump wants).

I move on from there and go over to FoxNews expecting to see this same story there, but what I didn't expect was how misleading the headline is:

Source: "Manhattan DA Bragg asks for delay to Trump’s hush money trial"

Both articles have this exact same line in them: "The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is willing to delay Donald Trump’s criminal hush money trial for up to 30 days..." So, why did FoxNews go with a misleading headline claiming that DA Bragg asked for a delay? Both articles state the reason DA Bragg is willing to delay the trial for up to a month is to give the defense time to review new evidence.

You'd think Fox had learned its lesson about lying to the public by now.

Not surprisingly, Trump's team wants 90 additional days, at which point they'll find more cause for delay/dismissal.

They know he's guilty AF, and they know we know it.

But to keep it out of the public eye until after the election is the primary goal.

I am starting to lose hope than any of his trials will take place before the election, which is a crime in itself.

Yes, really.

DA Bragg didn't ask for a delay. He said he'd be willing to delay Trump trial for a month to give the defense time to review new evidence. That's different from asking a judge to delay the trial because the prosecution wasn't ready.

Uh .... no. I would never suspect FOX had learned any lessons about lying to the public. Lying to their mindless extreme confirmation bias demographic is what pays their bills. They can't stop lying. Their ad rates are based on viewership.

This is unforgivable. James needs to get involved and sue FOX for misrepresenting facts then disgorge them of a trillion dollars.

Yes, really.

DA Bragg didn't ask for a delay. He said he'd be willing to delay Trump trial for a month to give the defense time to review new evidence. That's different from asking a judge to delay the trial because the prosecution wasn't ready.

Actually, he asked for a 30 day delay. And given that CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and every other lwnj outlet repeated lies that Trump was colluding with Russians, had a pee tape, Hunter's laptop wasn't real, and so many other blatant lies, it is beyond ridiculous to complain that Fox used slight differing wording. Even if it was misleading, it is hardly the blatant lies of the left.

Well, that was disappointing. I was hoping for a quality MAGA deflection or conspiracy theory. Getting instead an "I'm so confused" post was disheartening.

Oh. No. You misunderstood. That really had the inflection that implies he said something stupid. But you didn't disappoint with the in your face personal attack every libby loves to use. Bravo.

I was reviewing news sources today going through the various articles, and I come across an article on CNN about the Alvin Bragg NY hush money case. The headline there reads:

After reading the article, I came away a little perturbed because it's yet another case pertaining to Donald Trump that will potentially be delayed again (which is exactly what Trump wants).

I move on from there and go over to FoxNews expecting to see this same story there, but what I didn't expect was how misleading the headline is:

Both articles have this exact same line in them: "The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office is willing to delay Donald Trump’s criminal hush money trial for up to 30 days..." So, why did FoxNews go with a misleading headline claiming that DA Bragg asked for a delay? Both articles state the reason DA Bragg is willing to delay the trial for up to a month is to give the defense time to review new evidence.

It's in their DNA.

When does the Smartmatic trial start?

Actually, he asked for a 30 day delay. And given that CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and every other lwnj outlet repeated lies that Trump was colluding with Russians, had a pee tape, Hunter's laptop wasn't real, and so many other blatant lies, it is beyond ridiculous to complain that Fox used slight differing wording. Even if it was misleading, it is hardly the blatant lies of the left.
Actually, the Manhattan DA responded to trump's team's request for a 90-day delay:

..."The People do not oppose a brief adjournment of up to 30 days to permit sufficient time for defendant to review the USAO productions," the DA's office wrote.

Trump's attorneys had sought an even longer postponement of up to 90 days for the trial, which is currently scheduled to begin March 25 with jury selection -- but prosecutors said that wasn't necessary....

Left wingers don't lie!! They just have the ability to read between the lines and see the unseen. They are a people elevated FAR above mere mortals and, as such, have been chosen by Gaia as visionaries of the truth, purveyors of truth and teachers of the unwashed as to their failings.

Left wingers don't lie!! They just have the ability to read between the lines and see the unseen. They are a people elevated FAR above mere mortals and, as such, have been chosen by Gaia as visionaries of the truth, purveyors of truth and teachers of the unwashed as to their failings.
My bad. Thank you for the correction.

Actually, the Manhattan DA responded to trump's team's request for a 90-day delay:

..."The People do not oppose a brief adjournment of up to 30 days to permit sufficient time for defendant to review the USAO productions," the DA's office wrote.

Trump's attorneys had sought an even longer postponement of up to 90 days for the trial, which is currently scheduled to begin March 25 with jury selection -- but prosecutors said that wasn't necessary....
You are splitting hairs. No one cares but you.

NYT headline:

As Trump Seeks Trial Delay, N.Y. Prosecutors Offer 30-Day Postponement​

NYT headline:

As Trump Seeks Trial Delay, N.Y. Prosecutors Offer 30-Day Postponement​

The proposal by the Manhattan district attorney’s office came in response to Donald J. Trump’s request for a 90-day delay to allow his lawyers time to review a new batch of records.

You apparently did not read the entire articles. Trump's attorneys asked for a 90 day delay. Bragg said he was willing to delay 30 days. He did not ASK for a thirty day delay. Trump's attorneys asked for a 90 day delay. How many times does this need to be repeated for you. The Fox headline was deliberately misleading, and there you go repeating it.

Are there some political forums where this is considered intelligent debate? I know you think this is good, but it's not. It's boringly lazy.

Smartmatic is suing FoxNews/Pravda for $2 Billion.
Chump change to what Tish will get out of them. She's got JBS on the hook for something like $100B because they sell meat so I figure she should be able to get at least a trillion out of FOX. Heck, if she just sues everyone that does business in NY and takes all their profits there will never be a tax problem in NY again!

Not surprisingly, Trump's team wants 90 additional days, at which point they'll find more cause for delay/dismissal.

They know he's guilty AF, and they know we know it.

But to keep it out of the public eye until after the election is the primary goal.

I am starting to lose hope than any of his trials will take place before the election, which is a crime in itself.

What exact law would that break?

Actually, he asked for a 30 day delay. And given that CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and every other lwnj outlet repeated lies that Trump was colluding with Russians, had a pee tape, Hunter's laptop wasn't real, and so many other blatant lies,
The left has quite the selective memory problem.
it is beyond ridiculous to complain that Fox used slight differing wording.
It is, but here they are crying over their latest daily outrage, Oh, but Fox News. :cry:
Even if it was misleading, it is hardly the blatant lies of the left.
Only on days that don't end in a "y" do they not lie. 🤥

Back
Top Bottom