• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ryan the Redistributionist

Woe is me! You mean they won't have enough money to move our jobs overseas!!! :wink2:

I mean there will be no jobs left when the lazy liberal politicians tax them out of business

Oh so let us explain it in case someone doesn't know what it is around here. trickle down is a failed economic principle that completely ignores basic ideas like supply and demand. Trickle down says that throing money at rich people will cause them to create jobs for no reason

Taking less money from someone is not "throwing" them anything. Fail

The newest attempt by Republicans to repackage and resell their failed trickle down economics policy:

"Paul Ryan's new budget purportedly gets about 40 percent of its $4.6 trillion in spending cuts over ten years by repealing Obamacare, but Ryan's budget document doesn't mention that such a repeal would also lower taxes on corporations and the wealthy that foot Obamacare's bill.

According to an analysis by the non-partisan Tax Foundation, Obamacare redistributes income from the wealthy to the middle class. This is mainly because it hikes Medicare taxes on the top 2 percent (singles earning more than $200,000 and couples earning more than $250,000, including their investment income).
This year, for example, families in the top 1 percent will be paying about $52,000 more in Medicare taxes, on average, than they paid in 2012.

And where will the money go? Not to pay for the healthcare of poor families; most of them already receive Medicaid. The rich will be helping middle and lower-middle class Americans.

Obamacare also imposes some taxes and fees on insurance companies, drug makers, and manufacturers of medical devices. Here again, most of this will be borne by affluent Americans, who own most shares of stock (assuming the taxes and fees come out of corporate profits). And, again, beneficiaries are in the middle and lower-middle class.

In other words, Mr. Priebus has it exactly backwards. If Obamacare were repealed, who would end up making all the money? Big corporations and the wealthy. Who would get screwed? The middle class."

Robert Reich: Ryan the Redistributionist

The fact that Republicans adovcate doing this needs to be filed under BREAKING NEWS right along with the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. :roll:;)

I mean there will be no jobs left when the lazy liberal politicians tax them out of business

Pssst: conservatives opposed tax cuts to small businesses in order to protect hedgefund managers and Paris Hilton.

But nice diversion.

Pssst: conservatives opposed tax cuts to small businesses in order to protect hedgefund managers and Paris Hilton.

But nice diversion.

Psssstttt: Obamacare was not a tax cut.

I was in a grocery store the other night an there was a Mexican family behind me with six small children. Why should I be paying for this sort of irresponsibility? Why should I, an American, be paying for Mexicans?

This complaint is now heard in America over and over and over from good Americans.

You tell me the answer.

If only you could ask the President that signed the bill that forbid turning the sick and injured away from Hospitals? What do you think he would say?

If only you could ask the President that signed the bill that forbid turning the sick and injured away from Hospitals? What do you think he would say?

When do you start paying for all that you have taken? Or do you live off the work of others forever?

Last edited:
When do you start paying for all that you have taken?

Reagan obviously did not agree. I bet he would say, we can not turn away the sick or injured and still feel we are the greatest country in the world. Some of us don't care about that any more apparently.

Reagan obviously did not agree. I bet he would say, we can not turn away the sick or injured and still feel we are the greatest country in the world. Some of us don't care about that any more apparently.

"Us?" Pretty soon you're going to start talking about "Our" country.

There will be no country left when the greddy conservative capitalists sell it to china for pennies on the dollar for a profit.

There will be no country left when the greddy conservative capitalists sell it to china for pennies on the dollar for a profit.

China already owns a large portion of this country thanks to the liberal spenders we have in office. Are you for real?

The newest attempt by Republicans to repackage and resell their failed trickle down economics policy:

"Paul Ryan's new budget purportedly gets about 40 percent of its $4.6 trillion in spending cuts over ten years by repealing Obamacare, but Ryan's budget document doesn't mention that such a repeal would also lower taxes on corporations and the wealthy that foot Obamacare's bill.

According to an analysis by the non-partisan Tax Foundation, Obamacare redistributes income from the wealthy to the middle class. This is mainly because it hikes Medicare taxes on the top 2 percent (singles earning more than $200,000 and couples earning more than $250,000, including their investment income).
This year, for example, families in the top 1 percent will be paying about $52,000 more in Medicare taxes, on average, than they paid in 2012.

And where will the money go? Not to pay for the healthcare of poor families; most of them already receive Medicaid. The rich will be helping middle and lower-middle class Americans.

Obamacare also imposes some taxes and fees on insurance companies, drug makers, and manufacturers of medical devices. Here again, most of this will be borne by affluent Americans, who own most shares of stock (assuming the taxes and fees come out of corporate profits). And, again, beneficiaries are in the middle and lower-middle class.

In other words, Mr. Priebus has it exactly backwards. If Obamacare were repealed, who would end up making all the money? Big corporations and the wealthy. Who would get screwed? The middle class."

Robert Reich: Ryan the Redistributionist

All they have to tell the uneducated right wingers is "repeal obamacare" and they jump on the bandwagon. IF they would look into this, they would see it would ultimately hurt this economy much more and cause more deaths from lack of health care than any other 3rd world nation.

Is that how you remember the 1990's? :cool:

China already owns a large portion of this country thanks to the liberal spenders we have in office. Are you for real?

Ha! Who was the last Republican Administration that balanced the budget?

Psssstttt: Obamacare was not a tax cut.

"Quick, change the topic and mention Obamacare -- that always works to avoid the GOP morally incoherent tax policy."

Oh wow, psilocibin-type tea party meme. I bet you think t-bills equal "ownership". It's tea party "logic" par excellence.

"Quick, change the topic and mention Obamacare -- that always works to avoid the GOP morally incoherent tax policy."

SCOTUS ruled Obamacare was a tax, are you in denial?

Ha! Who was the last Republican Administration that balanced the budget?

What was the last administration period that reduced debt?

SCOTUS ruled Obamacare was a tax, are you in denial?

They ruled that the MANDATE part of Obamacare was a tax. At least get something right. How much are you paying because of the mandate?

They ruled that the MANDATE part of Obamacare was a tax. At least get something right. How much are you paying because of the mandate?

more than I was before the mandate

Back
Top Bottom