• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian Internet Trolls. How many do we have here?

nitroexpress

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wouldn't it make sense that this Forum would be a prime target? Other Forums have flung around accusations between posters of "Russian Troll". Is it unrealistic to believe this Forum is some kind of safe ground? How does one identify a genuine Russian asset working to disrupt? Maybe it's impossible and the beat will go on and on and on.

Russian Internet Trolls Switch Strategies for 2020 U.S. Elections | Time

Wouldn't it make sense that this Forum would be a prime target? Other Forums have flung around accusations between posters of "Russian Troll". Is it unrealistic to believe this Forum is some kind of safe ground? How does one identify a genuine Russian asset working to disrupt? Maybe it's impossible and the beat will go on and on and on.

Bias In The Media? Yeah...that Time article is certainly chock full of bias. But I think this thread more properly belongs in the Conspiracy forum.

Ans: 'No'

DP is minuscule, vs mainstream social media & major political media site and their attendant forums/comments sections. The small audience at DP, along with DP being a closed community that does not have further public propagation in the form of that seen on social and mainstream media, means DP would not be a cost-effective target for troll farms.

DP may have individual trolls, but I just don't see DP as a prospective target for an organized state-sponsored disinformation campaign.

Trolls at this site would be a waste of resources. We're plenty divided already. That said, there are some that I have my doubts about. Especially when they claim to be American but their writing looks like their grasp of English is not on the level of a native speaker.

Trolls at this site would be a waste of resources. We're plenty divided already. That said, there are some that I have my doubts about. Especially when they claim to be American but their writing looks like their grasp of English is not on the level of a native speaker.
I believe with these last, you're referring to Trump's core base! :2razz:

DP is minuscule, vs mainstream social media & major political media site and their attendant forums/comments sections. The small audience at DP, along with DP being a closed community that does not have further public propagation in the form of that seen on social and mainstream media, means DP would not be a cost-effective target for troll farms.

DP may have individual trolls, but I just don't see DP as a prospective target for an organized state-sponsored disinformation campaign.

You mean Mycroft, ludin and bubba are working FOR FREE?

Those OP’s who haven’t been here long should speak to those from their own tribe who have been here for 13 to 15 years.

It's not as if there aren't any or that there haven't been any.

It's not a project of mine to ID any or to make a list and check it twice. Yet maybe a dozen or more have come and gone over the past couple of years.

The reason DP is not a target as other discussion boards are, to include online journal comments sections that are targeted, is that DP is heavy with Americans who are unrelenting in their ideological ferocity to Make America Russia Instead. To include China Fanboy posters.

There are a swarm of American born citizens here who carry the water for Russia and China. The tyrant dictator leaders of each place couldn't ask for more or better actually. They've been OTT obvious to me for a very long time in fact. I doubt I'm the only one to take the obvious notice of it either.

Since Trump their hair's been in a blaze of fire or didn't you notice.

Bias In The Media? Yeah...that Time article is certainly chock full of bias. But I think this thread more properly belongs in the Conspiracy forum.

This post is riddled with irony.

Sometimes i do wonder with the repeated gaslighting that goes on here and the desperate defenses of the pres.

Interesting the first poster to reply........?

:2wave:

Sometimes i do wonder with the repeated gaslighting that goes on here and the desperate defenses of the pres.

Reality isn't for you? No problem. Just invent one you like better.:mrgreen:

We have plenty of Putin supporters and apologists here at DP.

I'm not a Russian troll.

Now excuse me, comrades. I have to go buy some more Vodka.

There are those that do a wonderful job emulating Russian trolls but this subject would be better discussed in a different section of this forum ;)

It's not a project of mine to ID any or to make a list and check it twice. Yet maybe a dozen or more have come and gone over the past couple of years.

The reason DP is not a target as other discussion boards are, to include online journal comments sections that are targeted, is that DP is heavy with Americans who are unrelenting in their ideological ferocity to Make America Russia Instead. To include China Fanboy posters.

There are a swarm of American born citizens here who carry the water for Russia and China. The tyrant dictator leaders of each place couldn't ask for more or better actually. They've been OTT obvious to me for a very long time in fact. I doubt I'm the only one to take the obvious notice of it either.

Absolutely agree. No one has "trolled the libs" better than trump in history. The right-wing nuts don't care that he's bad for the world as long as we get angry at the things trump says and does, to them - it's a "win-win"!

Does anyone seriously disbelieve that the Russians have been and still are using trolls to post in various places/forums to disrupt and sow derision? It's happening and it's not a theory or an unfounded claim.

Nearly 1,000 Russian trolls banned from Reddit: Here's what they posted - Business Insider
One Professional Russian Troll Tells All
Russian trolls experimented with different methods to maximise political disruption | E&ampT Magazine

It's real and to think that this forum isn't affected is ludicrous.

Does anyone seriously disbelieve that the Russians have been and still are using trolls to post in various places/forums to disrupt and sow derision? It's happening and it's not a theory or an unfounded claim.

Nearly 1,000 Russian trolls banned from Reddit: Here's what they posted - Business Insider
Russian trolls experimented with different methods to maximise political disruption | E&T Magazine

The notion of Russian trolls here at DP is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

I caught one here earlier in the year. Called it out and they went away.

The notion of Russian trolls here at DP is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

Asking questions is not suggesting a a conspiracy. That said it has been established that there are Russian trolls and bots. You can see them in Fox News forums. But you are right about one thing, this site has too small of an audience to even bother. But there's always possible there's a least one here.

I think what we probably see here is "narrative managers" tending narratives. The usual subjects are always pushing the latest explanation of what trump really meant or whatever usning the exact same verbiage, imagery etc as that found on Conservative media.

This is the kind of place where narratives can be deconstructed as we haven't devolved into a conservatives only or liberals only kind of place. The rules and the mods have kept it that way. So it would surprise me if there wasn't a professional presence here.

Russian trolls experimented with different methods to maximise political disruption | E&T Magazine

I read the posts from one of the Reddit trolls. They weren't nearly as vitriolic as some of our very own posters.

Anyone who speaks positively (and accurately) about Chinese and/or Russian military abilities/history is a Putin/Chinese "fanboy" to you.

You remind me of pre-WWII military "experts" that underestimated the Zero and other Japanese capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom