• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Sends Mobilized Men to Ukraine Front After Days of Training

What do you mean? They will have all the cold mud a man could possibly eat.

I was infantry for 10 years, 29 years ago, and if you put me on a battlefield, I'd be a corpse.

You lose conditioning, you lose muscle memory, and you're old. So you die.

I was infantry for 10 years, 29 years ago, and if you put me on a battlefield, I'd be a corpse.

You lose conditioning, you lose muscle memory, and you're old. So you die.
I had rock solid abs fifteen years ago, so I could win Sexiest Man of the Year today.

I had rock solid abs fifteen years ago, so I could win Sexiest Man of the Year today.
Unfortunately the face would overcome the abs ;)

Russia Sends Mobilized Men to Ukraine Front After Days of Training – Activists

A few days is pleeenty of time to be ready for war. Also the Russians are on to something, why should the army pay for luxury like medical supplies. True capitalism requires that any soldier pays for their own needs. Maybe they should buy their own rifles too.

iu

If someone has been out a year or more, they need 16 weeks for MINIMUM conditioning.

Sending people into battle with anything less is just murder.
Well that's the problem with Russia: you just can't tell if they were sent to die on purpose or if this is basic run-of-the-mill Russian incompetence. It's like the video of the fat guy who decided to make himself a firecracker vest and lit it (with predictable results). Was he really that stupid or was it a Jackass-like stunt? We may never know, especially since you can't find that video anywhere anymore.

Well that's the problem with Russia: you just can't tell if they were sent to die on purpose or if this is basic run-of-the-mill Russian incompetence.
Thing about Russia is, they've NEVER had good government. Russians can be great people. Russia itself is a non-stop train wreck.

Sort of like the French having great soldiers but lousy officers.

Thing about Russia is, they've NEVER had good government. Russians can be great people. Russia itself is a non-stop train wreck.

Sort of like the French having great soldiers but lousy officers.
I remember when I read a synopsis of their history for the first time, and I was like, "Oh, they've always been like this."

The men mobilized are already trained reservists. This is exactly what the US did in Afghanistan and Iraq calling up the Guard. Yes, that is 300,000 reservists heading to the Donbas. Ukraine cannot compete with that.

And look how great Afghanistan went!

The problems with your simplistic reasoning are legion, not the least of your miscalculations is the fact that the seasoned Russian troops just got their heads handed to them and more poorly trained bodies doesn't equal better results.

I mean, maybe the Russian strategy here is to get the Ukrainians to run out of bullets...

Back
Top Bottom