• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia could default on its debt within days

--

So, who's going to shed a tear?

--

I will say I'm starting to get a greater appreciation of the depth & ramifications of the sanctions levied.

Biden is no joke.
No bluster. No threats. No provocations. Tough as nails.

Complete opposite of the orange madman.

What do we know of that he is responsible for, that is worthy of praise?
Let's start with the basics. He stands on the right side of the issue, not like Trump who proclaimed it in his great wisdom to be "smart" and "savvy".
Then we move on.

Next

I imagine China will happily finance it behind the scenes so long as this conflict strengths China and weakens everyone else.
True but I think they rather use the opportunity to grab up Taiwan

All true. But all of Putin's eggs are in one basket. One has to worry about his lobbing a nuke in desperation.
How do they pay their Military?
wonder what happens if they can't get paid and aren't able to afford a roof over their families heads and put food on their tables
.will they revolt and over throw Putin or desert and try to escape Russia.
Have a nice day

--

--

I will say I'm starting to get a greater appreciation of the depth & ramifications of the sanctions levied.
I guess we may see what defaulting on national debt does to a country.

We should take careful notes should this happen, so that we'll know what we are in for when the US defaults on it's national debt.
It's sure to come at the rate the US is piling it up.

How do they pay their Military?
wonder what happens if they can't get paid and aren't able to afford a roof over their families heads and put food on their tables
.will they revolt and over throw Putin or desert and try to escape Russia.
Have a nice day
I agree. That's why he could get desperate enough to use nukes. And then all bets are off

I guess we may see what defaulting on national debt does to a country.

We should take careful notes should this happen, so that we'll know what we are in for when the US defaults on it's national debt.
It's sure to come at the rate the US is piling it up.
We are not gonna default. Everything worth trading is traded in dollars

I will say that when rightists say, "Biden ain't doin' nuttin'!" they need to be reminded that they don't know what Biden is or isn't doing.

I know he’s blocking the transfer or fighters to Ukraine. That’s enough.

You think Biden should commit US ground forces against Russians in Ukraine? Really?

I don't think Biden will do anything the least bit possibly effective.

Though I wouldn't consider the efforts of special forces to be "ground forces" exactly. Especially if operating covertly.

I hope that has a meaningful impact, but I'm not sure it will. None would give Russia a loan anyway.

In any event, it would seem that as Russia is now a poor and under-developed nation China might want invest in a belt and road initiative, that way when Russia's economy collapses they can pickup lots of property a collateral, and demand cheap oil and bases for China.

I don't think Biden will do anything the least bit possibly effective.

Though I wouldn't consider the efforts of special forces to be "ground forces" exactly. Especially if operating covertly.
What do you expect from covert forces? You're talking about raiders, right? Teams sent in with a single specific mission. What do you think they should do In Ukraine?

We are not gonna default. Everything worth trading is traded in dollars
The world's reserve currency. Presently US dollars, may be under threat of continuing to be so.
  • While it is likely that Putin’s brashness is predicated upon the tacit approval of the Chinese, it also serves as a flashpoint for the global financial system, with sanctions hastening the development of a Beijing-based, parallel financial network.
  • In the time since, Russia and China have each developed alternatives to SWIFT in order to cast off the yolk of Western financial leverage. Russia created the System for Transfer of Financial Messages (SPFS) in 2014, and China closely followed suit with its Cross-Border Interbank Payment System (CIPS).
  • Though SPFS is serviceable – and has just been officially launched by the Central Bank of Russia to help avoid the brunt of the sanctions – it is CIPS that has exponentially expanded. As of March 3, China’s network now includes nearly 1,300 financial institutions from more than 100 different countries.
  • Russia and China are already discussing merging their nascent systems, which together would create a viable alternative to SWIFT and allow Russia to evade much of its current economic pain.
  • Yet, the ramifications of this transcend sanctions evasion. CIPS exclusively settles international payments in the Chinese yuan, supporting China’s long-term goal of subverting and supplanting the U.S. dollar as the world reserve currency. Sanctions against Russia, according to a capital markets analyst quoted in Reuters, will therefore be “a milestone event that will accelerate the process of de-dollarization. Although it’s hard to replace SWIFT in the short term, this incident is very beneficial to yuan’s globalization over the long run.”
McPherrin: Beware of the Long-term Implications of a Sino-Russian Alliance
BY JACK MCPHERRIN, MARCH 11, 2022​

China already aiming to replace the SU dollar as the world’s reserve currency?
Yep.
Will they be successful?
Maybe.
Something the US needs to be aware of and on guard against.

There is a new 'Axis of Evil' forming, Russian, China, Iran, Venezuela. It could be fatal if the US underestimates this new 'Axis of Evil'.
Extreme vigilance is the most prudent course with regard to these nations.

special forces attacks for one.
It would appear that they've 'self deployed'? Already?

US veterans head to Ukraine to fight, but Zelenskyy's legion faces hurdles. Ukrainian service members walk during a training session outside Kharkiv, Ukraine, March 11. (Andrew Marienko/The ...​

Matthew Parker, a U.S. Army veteran of 20 years, is heading to Ukraine to assist the country's military in any capacity he can in their fight against Russian military forces.​

A team of American elite Special Forces veterans has volunteered to head into Ukraine to help fight against the Russian invasion, according to reports. This by Frank Bergman on slaynews.com. Six Americans have joined a group of special operations vets after a call for help from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.​

Perhaps not just from the US:

As the situation intensifies in Ukraine, with Russia dropping bombs every day, one of the world's best snipers, 'Wali', has arrived in the embattled nation to help them fight the Russian forces. He is a veteran of the royal Canadian 22nd regiment. As per reports, Wali has already killed 6 Russian soldiers. Wali has come to Ukraine as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's urged foreign soldiers ...​

"He has a kill distance of over two miles, according to the Mirror, and is known as one of the world's most deadly snipers," Fox News reported.. Wali arrived with three other former Canadian ...​

Of course this might be just so much psy-ops, but who knows?

You think Biden should commit US ground forces against Russians in Ukraine? Really?
There's a difference between moving fighter jets from Poland to Ukraine and committing US ground forces against Russians in Ukraine, don't you think?

Yet Biden is too timid to even consider that.

Further, there are NATO nations that have Russian anti-missile / anti-aircraft systems, Greece and others, which could send those to the Ukraine without any loss to their security. Yet this 'out of the box' thinking simply escapes the present administration. One starts asking 'Why?'

It would appear that they've 'self deployed'? Already?

US veterans head to Ukraine to fight, but Zelenskyy's legion faces hurdles. Ukrainian service members walk during a training session outside Kharkiv, Ukraine, March 11. (Andrew Marienko/The ...​

Matthew Parker, a U.S. Army veteran of 20 years, is heading to Ukraine to assist the country's military in any capacity he can in their fight against Russian military forces.​

A team of American elite Special Forces veterans has volunteered to head into Ukraine to help fight against the Russian invasion, according to reports. This by Frank Bergman on slaynews.com. Six Americans have joined a group of special operations vets after a call for help from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.​

Perhaps not just from the US:

As the situation intensifies in Ukraine, with Russia dropping bombs every day, one of the world's best snipers, 'Wali', has arrived in the embattled nation to help them fight the Russian forces. He is a veteran of the royal Canadian 22nd regiment. As per reports, Wali has already killed 6 Russian soldiers. Wali has come to Ukraine as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's urged foreign soldiers ...​

"He has a kill distance of over two miles, according to the Mirror, and is known as one of the world's most deadly snipers," Fox News reported.. Wali arrived with three other former Canadian ...​

Of course this might be just so much psy-ops, but who knows?
I thought all of them were just individuals making individual decisions for themselves alone.

Biden is no joke.
No bluster. No threats. No provocations. Tough as nails.

Complete opposite of the orange madman.

I must admit, it took awhile for me appreciate what he's doing.

And I'm coming to see the sanctions and alignment of NATO and EU against Putin will accomplish more over the coming years, than any Ukraine military conflict could.

Just as with the U.S.S.R., this is the type of economic pain that can break-up a nation.

There's a difference between moving fighter jets from Poland to Ukraine and committing US ground forces against Russians in Ukraine, don't you think?

Yet Biden is too timid to even consider that.

Further, there are NATO nations that have Russian anti-missile / anti-aircraft systems, Greece and others, which could send those to the Ukraine without any loss to their security. Yet this 'out of the box' thinking simply escapes the present administration. One starts asking 'Why?'
Look at what I was replying to with the post you quoted.
And try to remember that It's up to each country how they respond. What Greece does or doesn't do has nothing to do with Biden. If Canada or Britain decided to send aid to Ukraine it would have nothing to do with Biden.

Back
Top Bottom