Yes, Maddow did a good segment on this last night.
She pointed out three (or more?) times where Trump offered up to interviewers/press, on his own, unprompted, some entirely fictitious claims that...coincidentally, match Russian intelligence/propaganda.
They could find no evidence anyone in the U.S., on any side of the isle, was pushing the lies...
- Poland is coming for Belarus - Trump's campaign staffers were looking into it
Russia was running this propaganda , it was not part of U.S. politics
- Montenegrin's are aggressive and may start WWIII
Russia was running this propaganda trying to stop them from joining NATO, not part of U.S. politics
- Russia invaded Afghanistan to go after terrorists
Russia is currently in the process of trying to re-write history on this, they actually have a draft they are trying to get legitimatized, again not part of U.S. politics.
1. So the question is, when none of this appears in U.S. political circles, where is Trump getting these 100% pure Russian propaganda stories?
2. Why is his staff (Bolton, etc.) not correcting him and staying his hand because this is trash Russian propaganda?
3. Why is the president of the United States pushing Russian propaganda on a routine basis?