• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh transcript (from Jan 7th 2021)...

Attacked? Let in by Capital Police more like. Just ask AOC.

I do realize you need to sensationalize but compared to BLM and ANTIFA destruction and death, this wasn't shit.
There is a big difference between violent disturbances in cities that have happened periodically for generations, e.g., the angry riots after the Rodney King verdict, and an attack on the Capitol to overturn a national election, stimulated by a sitting president's words. Such an attack hadn't happened, I believe, since the War of 1812. Both can and should be condemned. But putting the two in the same category is apples and oranges on a huge scale.

Attacked? Let in by Capital Police more like. Just ask AOC.

I do realize you need to sensationalize but compared to BLM and ANTIFA destruction and death, this wasn't shit.
That you believe this is not the real concern. That there seems to be millions like you is the problem.

I know you have to down play the commie's sedition. Commies got each other's back, after all. But it doesn't change the act that those commies took in attacking Congress and attempting to overthrow American democracy.
it's disgusting.

This is certifiably false. Limbaugh was so conscientious of his accuracy that he hired a firm to factcheck his broadcasts.

The racism accusation is actually funny. It shows you have no real idea of what his message entailed.
It was never about facts. Or ideology. It was all about the money. Always. Except near the end when drugs and cancer addled his brain and he probably started to believe his own schtick.

If he found enough progressive rubes to tune into his garbage, he would have bleated anti-conservative half-truths and hair-on-fire rhetoric. The conservatives were an easier mark.

"I always say my real purpose is to attract the largest audience I can, and hold it for as long as I can, so I can charge confiscatory advertising rates," Limbaugh told NPR in 2007. "Getting along is not the objective."

“Do you know what bought me all this?” he (Limbaugh) asked, waving his hand in the general direction of his prosperity. “Not my political ideas. Conservatism didn’t buy this house. First and foremost I’m a businessman. My first goal is to attract the largest possible audience so I can charge confiscatory ad rates. I happen to have great entertainment skills, but that enables me to sell airtime.”

It was never about facts. Or ideology. It was all about the money. Always. Except near the end when drugs and cancer addled his brain and he probably started to believe his own schtick.

If he found enough progressive rubes to tune into his garbage, he would have bleated anti-conservative half-truths and hair-on-fire rhetoric. The conservatives were an easier mark.

"I always say my real purpose is to attract the largest audience I can, and hold it for as long as I can, so I can charge confiscatory advertising rates," Limbaugh told NPR in 2007. "Getting along is not the objective."

“Do you know what bought me all this?” he (Limbaugh) asked, waving his hand in the general direction of his prosperity. “Not my political ideas. Conservatism didn’t buy this house. First and foremost I’m a businessman. My first goal is to attract the largest possible audience so I can charge confiscatory ad rates. I happen to have great entertainment skills, but that enables me to sell airtime.”

Yep. He just about broke our country by himself just for money.

The full link is at the bottom. Here are the good parts. Think about how good he (and Fox, etc) are at brainwashing people into believing the exact opposite of what is reality...

"RUSH: Hey, folks, it’s great to be back...

...So many people want to weigh in on so much today and I don’t really blame you. There’s gonna be an infinite number of emotions and explanations today...But I want to take you back to October 10th, 2016...And the reason I want to play the sound bite for you is that I warned everybody of the very real possibility of what we are living through today. And can I tell you what we’re living through today?

...Everybody is condemning Trump...

...And I had a number of people send me this, say, “How can he do this? How can these people be abandoning Trump?” Let me explain it to you...I mean if you want to live in the political, elected class in Washington, you have to say that...There’s no alternative for you...Josh Hawley is not backing down. Matt Gaetz is not backing down. But most of them are...

Here’s what I said October 10th, 2016.
RUSH ARCHIVE: The establishment, with everything they are invested in the establishment, remaining the establishment and in power, they are just not gonna sit back and trust this to your votes. They’re not gonna trust this to an election, to a campaign. Not gonna trust it at all. They’re gonna do everything they can to destroy whoever it is that wants to take control from them. And, in the process, they’re gonna destroy that person so as to send a message to the next guy, “Don’t even think about it. Don’t even try. Look what we did to Donald Trump.” “Look what we did to whoever,” is the message.

RUSH: Don’t doubt me...I know the people on the left. I know exactly who the enemy is...And the first chance you give them to eliminate you, they are going to take it.

Now, let’s go to Monday...There’s none of this Richard Nixon stuff, let’s put him on Air Force One, send him out to San Lewis Obispo, San Clemente or whatever. There’s none of this George W. Bush send him down to Dallas and let’s just pretend it never happened. They want a political coffin.

There you go. So three weeks before the election, I essentially predicted exactly what’s happened yesterday and today to Donald Trump, to you who voted for him...

...Now, privately we knew something like this might explode. I predicted it. Not to make a big deal of that, but I predicted it in 2016, even before the election, and it was not based on Trump then. It was, but it was based on how you do not do to the Washington establishment what Trump was in the process of doing.

I’ve failed to properly educate and inform people about the most important aspect of our politics: Who is the American and worldwide left...

I mean by the way they think. Their lack of conventional morality. Their lack of a devotion to traditions and institutions that we all used to hold dear and have in common...

...In other words, our Constitution’s not made for people who are not moral. Our Constitution’s not made for people who are irreligious. “Our Constitution is designed,” said John Adams, “only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.” He knew. He knew that that was the limitation, ’cause that’s who they were."

I first listened to Rush back in the early 90's on talk radio. He was on all damned day it seemed and I remember he was always trying to pitch this book that teaches dumb people how to sound smart. He also bragged about the fact that he never made more than $18k in a year before getting into radio. He dropped out of school and now pretend to be "educating" people. What a worthless piece of shit that guy was.

It's laughable that you downplay sedition. But here we are.
The Leftists [obviously who you side with] ignored, incited and even applauded the country-wide protest where 100s were killed or injured and billions of dollars in property damage.

THAT was sedition, Sir

The Leftists [obviously who you side with] ignored, incited and even applauded the country-wide protest where 100s were killed or injured and billions of dollars in property damage.

THAT was sedition, Sir
he's right. you're downplaying the attempted coup.

the only question is, why.

That you believe this is not the real concern. That there seems to be millions like you is the problem.
I believed those folks on 1.06 were lured in, provoked and then attacked before things went to shit that day. I never said I didn't have a problem with it.

There is a big difference between violent disturbances in cities that have happened periodically for generations, e.g., the angry riots after the Rodney King verdict, and an attack on the Capitol to overturn a national election, stimulated by a sitting president's words. Such an attack hadn't happened, I believe, since the War of 1812. Both can and should be condemned. But putting the two in the same category is apples and oranges on a huge scale.
Antifa/BLM/etc. tried numerous times to burn down federal property. That didn't seem to bother your sensitivities.

THAT was sedition, Sir
No, that was a riot. Violently trying to overthrow the results of a Presidential Election, now that's sedition.

Downplaying by pointing out the Left's hypocrisy. Maybe.
You don't have to downplay the attempted coup regardless.

Coups usually have guns and bombs. Only the civil authorities possessed those that day.
So what you're doing is worst than downplaying.

You're denying.

Antifa/BLM/etc. tried numerous times to burn down federal property. That didn't seem to bother your sensitivities.
Of course it did. It was just different in kind from the Jan 6 events. One can condemn both and notice the difference.

You must remember, it seems that Rush's relationships with women were quite storied. No one ever worked out well for him, he preached family values, but never had a kid, and had four wives, Roxy, Michelle, Marta and Kathryn. And they were all pretty short marriages, 3, 7 and 6 years. Its almost as if he married to prove something, or, later on he was just a rich guy who found a mate that liked corpulent lying rich old men...

He did the world a favor by not leaving any Rush spawn behind. His most important contribution to our country. 👍

THAT was sedition, Sir
If I, by being a leftist, ignored, incited and applauded the protests, then you, as a self-identified conservative, must be as responsible for what the Proud Boys and others did on Jan 6.

If I, by being a leftist, ignored, incited and applauded the protests, then you, as a self-identified conservative, must be as responsible for what the Proud Boys and others did on Jan 6.
Whataboutism

You have it backward. He's right to believe it because that is where the facts lead him.

The problem is that there are millions like you who refuse to follow the facts.

Very clearly, you have no idea of what you are claiming.

I refer you and your reference to the so-called autonomous zone in Portland.

Last edited:
Sedition [not conspiracy] conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy is the applicable law.

“If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.”

THAT was sedition, Sir
What you describe as “sedition” isn’t sedition.

Back
Top Bottom