• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RPGS: AAA, KickStarters, Indies, and Classics

Morality Games

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
A thread for discussing anything about RPGs, from the tabletop to computers. Strategy, simulation, and adventure games are fine too, but I don't follow them as closely. Aps and Gaming seems pretty limp, and I was hoping a thread with a broader focus might liven it up.

As far as indies go, the one that keeps coming to mind for me is 'The Age of Decadence', a low magic fantasy RPG set in the post-apocalyptic conditions of a world that resembles Europe immediately following the Roman Empire, with a graphics engine and turn-based mechanics comparable to Fallout 1-2. Also looking forward to Blackguards, a "Dark Eye" universe strategy RPG mechanically similar to Fire Emblem, but with puzzles.

I've contributed to most of the big KickStarter RPGs, with only Shadowrun Returns having materialized so far. Not very long or elaborate, but worth the $15. Here's a list of games I know of and am looking forward to:

The Banner Saga
Divinity: Original Sin
Wasteland 2
Project Eternity
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Sui Generis
The Mandate
Blackguards
The Age of Decandence
Witcher 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Cyberpunk 2077
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Persona 5
Liege
Project Phoenix

Last edited:
I'm praying that Cyberpunk 2077 truly delivers. Thankfully, I'm a fan of the shops work that is doing it and they've even got the originator of the game on board so I'm hopeful. The teaser animation gave me hope...not because I think that's what the game will look like, but in just a short moment they truly and completely captured the spirit of cyberpunk

Back
Top Bottom