• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Roman Gods?

liberal1

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
How does christianity differ from the Roman Gods, that is, how can christians confirm that they have divine providence and all other religions concerning a God or multiple gods are invalid?

liberal1 said:
How does christianity differ from the Roman Gods, that is, how can christians confirm that they have divine providence and all other religions concerning a God or multiple gods are invalid?

The resurrection of Jesus is what separates Christianity from the other major religions. As for Christianity and Pagans, the early church simply molded the Christian faith and holidays with those of pagans for ease of conversion to Christianity. This took several hundred years and was ultimately done when Constantine ordered Christianity the sole religion of Rome in the 300's CE. All Pagan's who did not convert were labeled heretics and were punished as such, so you either had to convert to Christianity or die (which happens to be the traditionalist Christian motto even today).

You can check out this post I made a week ago exampling a few holiday's that were changed specifically to help convert pagans to Christianity.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/religion-philosophy/10970-templar-legacy-2.html

Last edited:
liberal1 said:

the christian god is the *real* god, duh...:doh

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I am god............:lol:

That scene with the Riddler (Jim Carrey) in Batman forever jumped into my head when I read this.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I am god............:lol:

I hope you realise this doesnt mean im automatically going to make you the winner of the true debates. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom