• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP Ray Manzarek

The Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for the Doors, has died today at 74 years old from cancer. I'm not a Doors fan, but I respect them for their contributions to Rock and Roll music.

RIP Ray, and F*ck cancer!

man, that really sucks. he's a hero of mine, and my very first band was a Doors tribute band. he's a genius. video tributes to come when I can get back to the laptop.

Ray, may you rest in peace, and thank you for the amazing music.

Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for the Doors, has died today at 74 years old from cancer. I'm not a Doors fan, but I respect them for their contributions to Rock and Roll music.

RIP Ray, and F*ck cancer!

Ohhhhh man! It's an eventuality for all of us, but it's still sad. I am a fan of The Doors and I thought, having watched a few interviews, he was a pretty cool guy.

RIP

I thought that the Doors were perhaps the most overrated band going but Manzarek never got the respect he really deserved. Morrison hogged the spotlight while Ray was the true musical genius behind the doors. Unlike most rockers he remained married to his wife for 46 years-until his death. He died of the same cancer that killed Table Tennis legend and 6 Times US Open champion (my former coach) Lee, Dal Joon

Rest in Peace

Light My Fire, Ray. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for that reason alone.,

Wow!

I was/am a big Doors fan and Ray was their heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom