• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right-winger men and men politicians really don't care that much about abortion....

They just use it as a wedge issue for political purposes. That is true--they really don't care about abortion, per se, they just want to have use it as a political hammer to appeal to the evangelical fundie Christians. I would be willing to bet that a good number of men politicians and men chatters on this forum and Republican men elsewhere just use it as another reason to vent their fake outrage, and we would probably be surprised at how many of them even paid for an abortion for a woman of their sexual acquaintance. I'm talking Trump here, for instance.
Fact is that abortion should indeed be up to the woman without the interference of men politicians in the various red states passing more and more extreme anti-abortion bills to see if they can outdo one another. Morally, ethically, they really don't care. It's just all about POLITICAL POWER to them, nothing else.

It depends on how Christian they are.

The guy who stacked the Court to take the right to abortion away from women most certainly could not careless abortion. Its not his problem. Its a woman's problem.

What makes you think that court decisions in the U.S are or should be based on "morals"?
Decision made by 7 people on the court, I believe with 2 others who voted against. Also the ruling overturned some already state laws banning abortion. So it's much more complicated than why did they allow it. Also the court threw in some specifics in the ruling that had not even been mentioned in the Supreme Court Case.

My OP is exactly correct. Repub politicians don’t want to see abortions disappear, because then they would lose it as one their central cultural wedge issues. Look at the Repub governors now trying to outdo one another in putting as many restrictions on abortion in their states as possible. Pure politics, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom