• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Retiring Dem authors Requiem for the Pelosi Democrats.

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...5582320752384384.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

And the author voted for all the ObaMarx crap.

This is both sick, chilling and sums up what Hope & Change truly meant.
Mr. Baird stands by his vote for ObamaCare...But he acknowledges that the bill carried within it the seeds of its unpopularity. These include the nightmare mandate that all companies report to the IRS all of their business-to-business transactions over $600, so the government can capture unreported business income. At a recent forum with small business owners in his district, Mr. Baird was stunned at the complexity of the rules they now must follow.
And of course he's stunned... he didn't read the bill.... the moron.

"What the hell were we doing voting on this? I had labor groups come to me and insist the bill was so important we couldn't wait to know what was in it," he recalls. "I asked them if they were handed a new union contract and told it was so important they had to agree to it without reading it, would they go along?" They continued to insist he vote for the bill and threatened him with a primary challenger.
So... why the hell did you vote for it? Party before the people... or common sense. Perhaps he believed the claptrap Clinton told them about ObaMarxKare.

"We will lose a lot of centrists while the people in the party some voters are most mad at survive in safe districts."
WHAT CENTRISTS? Where were they when the votes for The ObaMarx Agenda was being foisted on the nation? Nowhere.

"Back in September, we had pollsters and strategists from my party tell members that the mass of people didn't care about the deficit. The mind-boggling lack of reality coming from some of the people who give us so-called advice is stunning."

I ask Mr. Baird what he would tell the incoming class of freshmen Republicans...

"Governing isn't as easy as you think. Many of you have taken pledges that are contradictory—to balance the budget and cut taxes, for example. You must be honest about the numbers, since our annual deficit now exceeds all discretionary spending combined. If you set as your goal to roll back the size of government, you have an obligation to answer the tough questions and show real courage, not just appeal to ideology. Treat the voters like adults."
Yeah... please do... and start by restoring our rights, our liberty and our freedom from the Federal Behemoth. We are adults after all... and once upon a time Americans lived free.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom