• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rethinking Advanced Placement

I don't like the fact that they're tapering down the classes. If something gives you college credit, it should be college level. AP Biology should be just as rigorous as an intro to bio class in college. If you get a 5 on an exam, you should know as much as someone who got an A in college.

Ugh. I don't like this. I'd prefer it if students took less AP courses than have the college board water them down. I wouldn't want to be in a position where I'm taking a 200 or 300 level course in bio (or whatever other subject) and be at a disadvantage because I don't know as much as someone else who took bio in college rather than as an AP.

Here in El Paso we have what is called Early College program run in cooperation with the local Community College. We have had some students graduate both High School and earn an Associates degree at the same time. Many commentators point to the tuition savings for parents when their students/children move on to chase a BA/BS at a full University. I think this is a good idea

Back
Top Bottom