• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Results of key races in Texas' primary elections

The primary wasn't without its issues, though.

At one voting location, they only let Democrats vote...Republicans were turned away.

Any thoughts on why that happened?

The poster appears reluctant to reveal where this allegedly happened.
It did happen.. He is not revealing why because he is unfamiliar with how Texas primaries are conducted or wants to leave the impression something nefarious happened.

AG Paxton has been under indictment for 7 years. Is that unusual?

Looks like some of our fellow Texas voters on the other side are learning how screwed up Texas voting laws are...

How long does it take to move on an indictment?

Over 7 years in Texas if you are the attorney general... Helps to have an affair and get your lover a job in the meantime...

LMAO... You don't know how Texas primaries work?
It doesn't matter.

It happened. It shouldn't have happened. The reason it happened was incompetence.

The party rank and file is the ones who suffer because of it.

(This is just another reason why I don't join any party.)

Of course. Do you want to see it?

View attachment 67377992

I'll give a little clue here.. Texas primaries are staffed by the PARTY, not county election officials... If the PARTY does not have enough staff at a polling location, you can't vote in that parties primary at that location.

In addition, in some counties, mine for instance, democrats vote at one location and republicans at another... If you show up to the democrat primary voting location to vote in the republican primary, you are going to be turned away. They don't even have ballots for the republican primary at that location.

It sure makes great conspiracy for those who have no idea how Texas primaries work...

It doesn't matter.

It happened. It shouldn't have happened. The reason it happened was incompetence.

The party rank and file is the ones who suffer because of it.

(This is just another reason why I don't join any party.)

Incompetence by the PARTY.... You are just demonstrating your lack of knowledge of how primary elections are conducted in Texas. Happened to voters from both parties... Texas primary elections are run by the PARTY.

I can guarantee you that any republican who showed up at the voting location I voted at yesterday in the democratic primary to vote in the republican party was turned away. My location was ONLY for democrat primary voters. They didn't even have ballots for the republican primary.

One voting location ?

What about ALL the voting locations where Democratic votes were suppressed by Republicans and their new voter ID law - aimed at keeping Democratic voters away from the polls ?
Please stop making up foolish stuff.
Thanks

I'll give a little clue here.. Texas primaries are staffed by the PARTY, not county election officials... If the PARTY does not have enough staff at a polling location, you can't vote in that parties primary at that location.

In addition, in some counties, mine for instance, democrats vote at one location and republicans at another... If you show up to the democrat primary voting location to vote in the republican primary, you are going to be turned away. They don't even have ballots for the republican primary at that location.

It sure makes great conspiracy for those who have no idea how Texas primaries work...
I think I implied that it was the parties who were incompetent. Perhaps I should have been more clear. In any event, I didn't say a word about "county election officials".

So no...there is no "great conspiracy" going on here. It's all facts.

Please explain how the primaries for each political primary works in Texas.

It is REALLY screwed up.. Each party uses county election equipment and oversight to conduct their primary elections but THE PARTY staffs the polling sites. If the party does not have enough staff for a polling site, no election can occur at that location unless the other parties election judge at that site agrees to conduct the other parties election at that site. The party election judge is not required to conduct the other parties election.

For instance..

I think I implied that it was the parties who were incompetent. Perhaps I should have been more clear. In any event, I didn't say a word about "county election officials".

So no...there is no "great conspiracy" going on here. It's all facts.

LMAO... How does Colorado conduct primary elections? Texas does not record party affiliation with registration so everyone is an "independent" for the purposes of primary elections. Voter choose to vote in one of the primaries. For instance, yesterday in Texas there could have been thousands and thousands of democrats who voted in the republican primary. By law you can only vote in one primary or the other.

One should always use caution when looking at turnout numbers for primary elections in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom