• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Restaurant employee wearing flip-flops?

Not only is it a health code violation, it is idiotic to wear flip flops in a restaurant. On a busy night in an average size place, the hostess will probably walk at least 5 miles.

Unless they're cooking with their feet-- which would be a much bigger problem-- I really have no idea what the problem would be.

Be more worried about the employee's health than the customers'.
Yeah, I would think that the health hazards of the employee are of a greater issue here. Not having adequate traction for the fast pace of kitchen work, or injuries due to grease splatter, or dropping knives and dishes etc etc. If it would be considered unsanitary because of the sandals or flip flops, that would mean the food is hitting the floor and you already have a serious problem there lol. Personally I hate feet and I would find it rather unprofessional, perhaps visually disturbing, but I would not be concerned about sanitary issues.

Back
Top Bottom