• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans mount shock comeback, erase Democrats’ edge in eyes of Americans

The rich are dependent and the poor are independent? That's a rather newish theory.
That's not exactly what I said. Both are dependent on the government. But the rich are dependent on the government MORE. The richer you are the more dependent upon the government to help create wealth and protect it. I don't care what it is: interstate highway system, military industrial complex,FCC, Judiciary system, banking, etc. etc. etc. Where would Jeff Bezos be today if there were no internet?

It's only fair they pay a higher proportion of earning on taxes. ie Progressive taxation.

Wow, the govt. in your world creates wealth? The govt. creates the atmosphere for the private sector to create wealth not vice versa. How about those who earn money in this country but pay nothing in income taxes?

You are a perfect example of why we have problems in this country today, your ideology is a failure everywhere in the world and you won't be happy until your ideology destroys this country as well. With Obama you are well on your way to achieving that goal

You do realize your hero, President George W. Bush is responsible for much of those people who no longer pay taxes, don't you?

I am not Jealous of the super rich, I am a fan of Howard Schultz who is a billionaire, I am sitting in one of his establishments right now typing this message to you.

:funny:

Yup. GWB's "tax cuts for the rich" that Dems dishonestly demagogued in fact made our tax system more progressive.eace

Yes, I do just like I realize that taxes aren't the problem, spending is as well as the priorities of liberalism which destroys incentive and creates dependency.

Yup. GWB's "tax cuts for the rich" that Dems dishonestly demagogued in fact made our tax system more progressive.eace
How is moving the Capital gains tax from 20% down to 15% progressive???

How is moving the Capital gains tax from 20% down to 15% progressive???

Economic growth via freedom to invest. I think you're confusing 'progressive' with 'statist'. Are we to presume that any downsizing of government or tax is regressive? What are we then progressing towards?

Last edited:
Yes, I do just like I realize that taxes aren't the problem, spending is as well as the priorities of liberalism which destroys incentive and creates dependency.
There is good spending and bad spending. Dropping bombs on a country that didn't attack you is bad spending. Spending that creates wealth and jobs is good spending.

There is good spending and bad spending. Dropping bombs on a country that didn't attack you is bad spending. Spending that creates wealth and jobs is good spending.

The government can't create weath, nor jobs.

That's not progressive taxation!!! Some of those people who paid no taxes were millionaires.
Do you not understand the progressive taxation?

Progressive tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest you review the data. The GWB tax cuts made the federal income tax more progressive.

[h=3]Tax Code Became More Progressive after the Bush Tax Cuts[/h]www.ncpa.org/pdfs/ba606.pdf‎
Tax Code Became More. Progressive after the Bush Tax Cuts by Michael D. Stroup. Critics complain that the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts gave the greatest tax ...eace

I'm far from a liberal. I do, however, completely disagree with most of what you spew out, which I consider to be Far Right nonsense.

BTW: If 60% of the people agreed with you then Obama would never have won two terms. Do you even bother reading what you write?

Thanks, but no thanks, linking to a RW site proves nothing.

Flying planes into our buildings requires bad spending as well something you want to ignore. There is nothing anyone can do about the Iraq War today but there is plenty this country can do about bad economic policies today going forward. If Obama has had good spending, where are the jobs? There are 3 million fewer Americans working today than when the recession began

and there are only 1.4 million more people working today than when Obama took office at an additional cost of 6.5 trillion added to the debt. apparently that is your idea of good spending?

All Obama has done is create more dependence with his spending something you and others fail to understand.

You just avoided taking responsibility for the statements you made even after agreeing that you did not know better than those who argue the exact opposite of what you assert.

Let me refresh. Professionals from Bernake to the CEO of Wal-Mart insist that the GOP austerity efforts have cost the economy upwards 3 million jobs. You, OTOH, blame Obama. Will you ever admit when you are wrong?

Obama seems only to have opted only for the former.

Millionares pay more taxes than anyone, except for billionares.

Yup.eace

National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?

National Taxpayers UnionTax Basics
... Who Pays Income Taxes? Are You Paying Too Much in Taxes? Taxes ... Percentage of Federal Personal Income Tax Paid. Top 1%. $343,927. 36.73. Top 5%.

[h=2]Who Pays Income Taxes and How Much?[/h]
Tax Year 2009
Percentiles Ranked by AGI
AGI Threshold on Percentiles
Percentage of Federal Personal Income Tax Paid
Top 1%​
$343,927​
36.73​
Top 5%​
$154,643​
58.66​
Top 10%​
$112,124​
70.47​
Top 25%​
$66,193​
87.30​
Top 50%​
$32,396​
97.75​
Bottom 50%​
<$32,396​
2.25​
Note: AGI is Adjusted Gross Income
Source: Internal Revenue Service

The difference is what I spew is backed by data and I can beat you to death all day with data. In the real world people are judged by there performance mostly backed by data. You seem to not understand the concept which unfortunately compares you to an Obamabot. You claim not to be a liberal, if not, then stop supporting the incompetent in the WH.

Obama won re-election because millions of people stayed home. He lost millions of votes from his previous election and what we have today are people finally waking up to the incompetence that was in the 2008 resume.

Where were those austerity programs in 2009-2011? What economic policies did Obama want that he didn't get? You think Obamacare is a pro growth economic policy? You want badly to believe what you are told but BLS shows a different picture including the following. Discouraged workers aren't counted thus aren't unemployed.

You want me to take responsibility exactly for what, Obama's disastrous economic policies?

Then let's get back to slavery.

Obamacare is unconstitutional even if tyrants from all three branches of government approved it. Voters never voted for an amendment that would allow such a monstrous thing to happen as did happen. You are mistaken.

If we are not going to follow the constitutional limits let's just declare that we are no longer a Constitutional Republic and let the revolution begin.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…