• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy, other lawmakers allied with Trump subpoenaed in Capitol riot probe

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy and four other GOP lawmakers allied with former President Donald Trump were subpoenaed by the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, the panel said Thursday.

The move marked the first time that the bipartisan investigation has issued subpoenas to sitting members of Congress. The dramatic step came less than a month before that House committee planned to kick off a series of public hearings.

Along with McCarthy, the other Republican House members whose testimony is being sought under subpoena are Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Pennsylvania's Scott Perry.

All five Republicans had previously refused the panel's requests to voluntarily cooperate with the investigation.

Interesting developments. I’m surprised the committee actually subpoenaed the Republicans.

House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy and four other GOP lawmakers allied with former President Donald Trump were subpoenaed by the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, the panel said Thursday.

The move marked the first time that the bipartisan investigation has issued subpoenas to sitting members of Congress. The dramatic step came less than a month before that House committee planned to kick off a series of public hearings.

Along with McCarthy, the other Republican House members whose testimony is being sought under subpoena are Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Andy Biggs of Arizona, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Pennsylvania's Scott Perry.

All five Republicans had previously refused the panel's requests to voluntarily cooperate with the investigation.

Interesting developments. I’m surprised the committee actually subpoenaed the Republicans.
The committee is not playing games with these Un-American pieces of shit. We know they'll refuse to comply. There won't be time for contempt. IMO, the committee is planning to use this information in their hearings. IE: What in the hell do you have to hide? Guilty !!!!!

Given the assumption that Republicans will retake control of the House next year, McCarthy, Jordan, etc. are going to want to be very careful about how they handle this, because it might be them giving out the subpoenas very soon. If they deligetimize the proceeding by stonewalling, not honoring the subpoenas or pleading the fifth (or whatever other asshattery that pops to mind), they will effectively be giving Democrats permission to flip them off when it's their turn.

These must be about the final subleonas. Hearings are supposed to start next month. Only Trump and his thugs are bigger characters in this scandal.

Given the assumption that Republicans will retake control of the House next year, McCarthy, Jordan, etc. are going to want to be very careful about how they handle this, because it might be them giving out the subpoenas very soon. If they deligetimize the proceeding by stonewalling, not honoring the subpoenas or pleading the fifth (or whatever other asshattery that pops to mind), they will effectively be giving Democrats permission to flip them off when it's their turn.

I admire your courageousness in assuming the GOP feels bound to act non-hypocritically when the shoe is on the other foot.

I haven’t paid any attention to the 1-6 hearings. I’ve been too busy battling inflation, thinning wallet, taking care of family. Bottom line, I don’t give an owl’s hoot about 1-6, that's ancient history. Inflation, rising prices, empty store shelves, trying to make ends meet, that is with us today, the present, not the past. Let the 1-6 hearings do whatever they want. As long as my wallet is getting flatter and flatter, I don’t care about them. Just the family and meeting the daily needs.

I haven’t paid any attention to the 1-6 hearings. I’ve been too busy battling inflation, thinning wallet, taking care of family. Bottom line, I don’t give an owl’s hoot about 1-6, that's ancient history. Inflation, rising prices, empty store shelves, trying to make ends meet, that is with us today, the present, not the past. Let the 1-6 hearings do whatever they want. As long as my wallet is getting flatter and flatter, I don’t care about them. Just the family and meeting the daily needs.
I think that is the predominant feeling in the country right now.

So too with Hunter Biden's laptop, right?

Appropriately so. Be prepared for some very loud whining!

to you

There haven't been any public 1-6 hearings yet but one last summer when it started. The prime-time hearings will begin on June 9th. While I understand your economic and family pain, there has been no accountability for Trump and his coup plotting allies.

Do you vote? I would suggest you pay at least some attention. You can't cast a knowledgeable vote without knowledge.

You should probably just pass on voting in any election in the future, since you are and want to remain ignorant anyway.

Me me me me me.

I noticed that too.
He seems really ticked off we would actually want to get to the bottom of something that could have absolutely wrecked the currency he uses to buy shit which is 100% based on the legitimacy of the federal government.

If Trump was successful, the legitimacy of the federal government would have ended.

There haven't been any public 1-6 hearings yet but one last summer when it started. The prime-time hearings will begin on June 9th. While I understand your economic and family pain, there has been no accountability for Trump and his coup plotting allies.

Do you vote? I would suggest you pay at least some attention. You can't cast a knowledgeable vote without knowledge.
In our two-party system, you have two choices. The party in power or the party out of power. The only alternative if you don’t like what is going on with the nation or the state the country is in, is to vote for the only alternative available. The party out of power. Which party means nothing. I classify them as the in power party and the out of power party.

The party in power has been ignoring inflation and the economic hardships rising prices has caused in favor of going after Trump. I’ve got news for you, Trump is no longer in charge, he’s not in power, he’s no longer president. He can’t do a darn thing about rising prices and empty store shelves.

Back
Top Bottom