• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Republican Gov. John Kasich to speak at DNC

He’s learning how to be a politician. His skills are not as honed as Joe’s but he’s been at the game for 47 years and knows how to test which way the wind is blowing. This time, though, he might have overplayed the game and lost the likes of Bernie supporters and the AOC gang.

Lauaghable deflection from the fact that Trump changed his entire political platform in his late 60's. Nobody has ever done that, not even Joe.

Ramblings about Bernie and "AOC gang" are irrelevant to that fact.

Not true if its a big enough win for the democrats. The republican base.. is floundering because Trump and the trumpets won. Its hard to argue against success. Steady, real conservative voices like mine have been silenced because of the success that Trump had. (some of that silencing started back in late 2008 I will admit with the tea party).
Then Trump comes along and wins the presidency... validating everything the radical right has been saying about "what the party needs to do". And they are willing to burn the country down... they don;t care about facts, figures, reality. They just want to destroy. They would like to see the whole country burn down. And Trump is their man. And anyone who crosses them? they suffer getting called a rino.

If trump and the republicans lose big.. and I hope we do. It opens the door for those smart conservatives.. real conservatives to then have a voice again. Because the Trump approach... lost.. and lost big.

I hope you are right and would welcome a sane R party back to the scene. I used to be an independent and would much prefer to be one again, with both parties exhibiting at least minimally responsible behavior. However, I just doubt it. Ideas like (true) small government have never had the votes. Without the racists, there is no R party. In fact, at this point I'd rather have (good faith) economic and social conservatives join the D party and get some influence on policy that way. We'd probably be a much better country for it, with the extremes of the left tempered by allies who challenge them.

Lauaghable deflection from the fact that Trump changed his entire political platform in his late 60's. Nobody has ever done that, not even Joe.

What is truly laughable is the fact that you believe Trump had a political platform in his late sixties.

No, Bernie and the AOC gang are the most dangerous. It’s good that they lost.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they prefer to come to the USA for whatever reason. Otherwise, your point is that we will only be responsible for for the healthcare at our expense for 6 billion people rather than 7 billion, correct? Free healthcare for everyone in India, China, Pakistan, African, South America and most of the Middle East.

The reason you claim I have to work to pay for heart surgery and every other medical treatment for anyone and everyone is India, China, Pakistan, Africa, South America, Mexico, and otherwise most of the world is _________________________________________.

Fill in the blank.

is _________________________________ is able to afford their own country's health care costs. And because Americans can't afford to pay for health care at home.

Nearly 2 1/2 times as many Americans travel out of country for health care than do Canadians per capita adjusted. Many of those Americans are going to Mexico because they can't afford the cost of their own system.

No, Trump can't have a plan to fix it because that would be doublecrossing the big insurance copanies by telling them they have to play fair.

is _________________________________ is able to afford their own country's health care costs. And because Americans can't afford to pay for health care at home.

Nearly 2 1/2 times as many Americans travel out of country for health care than do Canadians per capita adjusted. Many of those Americans are going to Mexico because they can't afford the cost of their own system.

No, Trump can't have a plan to fix it because that would be doublecrossing the big insurance copanies by telling them they have to play fair.
Why Montgomery, you have range. Here I thought you had your politics figured out, and then I don't. Kudos.

Why Montgomery, you have range. Here I thought you had your politics figured out, and then I don't. Kudos.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Surely you're not trying to uphold your country's health care system?

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Surely you're not trying to uphold your country's health care system?
No, my country's health care system is a train wreck. I was commenting that your post didn't match how I think I had you pegged from other threads. Range is good.

No, my country's health care system is a train wreck. I was commenting that your post didn't match how I think I had you pegged from other threads. Range is good.
Thanks for your reply but you're not being specific enough to make your point
Was it meant as a commendation or as criticism?
As for my impression of you? I hadn't noticed you yet but I'll be watching for your posts from now on!

Cheers.

I picked John Kasich over Trump back in 2016.

Everyone wanted to elect an outsider, someone who wasn't a politician or lawyer, so Trump won.

You reap what you sew, and we sewed a turd.
No, Kasich lost because he was and still is a loser.

AOC won in a district a Democrat can't lose in. We don't think anything of a conservative Republican being primaried by an even more conservative Republican in a rural Southern district. So why do we think it is the future of the party when a liberal Democrat loses in a primary to an even more liberal Democrat in a very liberal district?

The Democrats flipped more seats in a midterm election than they ever have in 2018, and in the vast majority of the districts they flipped, they won with more moderate candidates. For example, my congresswoman is Sharice Davids, she lives around the corner from me, and she ran as a more moderate candidate and managed to flip a congressional district on the Kansas side of the Kansas City metro. The future battles are going to be in the suburbs, especially the more diverse inner-ring suburbs, and AOC type candidates don't flip those districts. If the Democratic Party wants to have a long term majority, their future is center-left.
Im struggling to think about what we dont do for the burbs we got it made, like suburban life has pretty much been given everything at this point. McGovern i doubt would have signed away glass-steagal like Clinton did for practically no benefit at all and gave us a much more shaky banking industry. As a suburbanite, i can tell ya people will pitch a hissy fit if you suggest helping inner cities which need progressive change the most. Trumpism isnt going away with trump and unless we make a more just system, the next one is going go be far worse.

Last edited:
Kasich has long been a picture of courage to do the right thing versus the politically safe thing. I have wanted him as President for years. American politics are a disgrace and getting worse and China and Russia are loving it.

What is truly laughable is the fact that you believe Trump had a political platform in his late sixties.

He still doesn't have one, tbh.

He exists essentially to do whatever the GOP tells him to do, while trolling "the libs" in the process.

He still doesn't have one, tbh.

He exists essentially to do whatever the GOP tells him to do, while trolling "the libs" in the process.
I have no doubt that you honestly believe that. But, you’re simply wrong.
Listed are the policies he’s running on. Whereas he might have had opinions on each issue prior to running for a government position those opinions are now in the political arena.

Every nominee essentially follows the position of the party they represent. Do you really think this isn’t true of Biden as well? He, however, has a challenge. A record of over 47 years where he has made his stances known. Today he’s trying to pander to the far left.

I have no doubt that you honestly believe that. But, you’re simply wrong.
Listed are the policies he’s running on. Whereas he might have had opinions on each issue prior to running for a government position those opinions are now in the political arena.

Right, his "policies" are entirely are what the GOP wants them to be. It would be basically no different with a President Rubio or even Jeb Bush. You proved my point, congratulations.

Every nominee essentially follows the position of the party they represent. Do you really think this isn’t true of Biden as well? He, however, has a challenge. A record of over 47 years where he has made his stances known. Today he’s trying to pander to the far left.

The political party has moved further to the left, as a response to the GOP taking a massive turn to the far right. Biden has to adapt to that.

Though ironically, this election is entirely a referendum on Trump. Less than a month away from Election Day, and you people still failed to have realize that.

Right, his "policies" are entirely are what the GOP wants them to be. It would be basically no different with a President Rubio or even Jeb Bush. You proved my point, congratulations.

The political party has moved further to the left, as a response to the GOP taking a massive turn to the far right. Biden has to adapt to that.

Though ironically, this election is entirely a referendum on Trump. Less than a month away from Election Day, and you people still failed to have realize that.
The only point you appeared to make is the typical democratic talking point. So, congrats. The plantation is still green.

The only point you appeared to make is the typical democratic talking point. So, congrats. The plantation is still green.

As opposed to the typical Republican talking point you are making?

Man, you sure got me!

As opposed to the typical Republican talking point you are making?

Man, you sure got me!
Yes, I did. I informed you of what makes a political platform in response to your claim as to Trump not having one. Unable to accept facts you go for a personal attack. I get it.

Yes, I did. I informed you of what makes a political platform in response to your claim as to Trump not having one. Unable to accept facts you go for a personal attack. I get it.

Trump doesn't have one. He couldn't even articulate himself what his agenda was for a potential second term to a bootlicker like Hannity, which resulted in his handlers having to sloppily put together one on a whim.

He has no agenda, outside of what the GOP tells him to have. Ironically, it's the same thing you guys claim with Biden, so it's projection as usual.

Trump doesn't have one. He couldn't even articulate himself what his agenda was for a potential second term to a bootlicker like Hannity, which resulted in his handlers having to sloppily put together one on a whim.

He has no agenda, outside of what the GOP tells him to have. Ironically, it's the same thing you guys claim with Biden, so it's projection as usual.
Whatever.

Whatever.

We get it. He trolls "the libs". That's what makes him different;)

I personally look forward to the days (which will come sooner rather than later), where you guys develop amnesia and pretend like you never supported him. Dubya can attest to that.

We get it. He trolls "the libs". That's what makes him different;)

I personally look forward to the days (which will come sooner rather than later), where you guys develop amnesia and pretend like you never supported him. Dubya can attest to that.
I personally look forward to the day when I can walk about without that mask. I guess we all have different priorities in life.

I personally look forward to the day when I can walk about without that mask. I guess we all have different priorities in life.

I mean, you can go to a Trump rally without a mask, unless you're too close to him.

I mean, you can go to a Trump rally without a mask, unless you're too close to him.
Even though he visited a town twenty minutes away from me I stayed at home. I guess I’m just a bad Trump loyalist.

Back
Top Bottom