• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Reform in The Jail System How Can We Do It

Reform in The Jail System How Can We Do It

• Death Row Inmate Put To Death With In 90 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illegal Mariana

• Make A Super Prison(Really Big One, One Per State Tho)

• Total voters

Loxd4

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
*What or which action would you take?

:2wave: I believe if we bring back the “Chain Gang System” well not need the use for capital punishment. By bring back the “Hard Labor” into the prison system we can make the prison work for the community. Now yaw might say what if a person runs, then the officer will take a killing blow to the running inmate after a warning shot has been shot. Now if this is done neither the state nor the government has kill this inmate by capital punishment but the inmate brought it a pound himself (he made the decision to run not the officer that shot him). Now, what I might by the prisoner work for there food that each prisoner has a sect plot of land were he grow so food/crops and either eat the food or sale some to the local committee, while giving back to the committee the prison in return receives some money to spend and some knowledge for when they get out. Also each prisoner can do something for the committee and in return he can get a 1 or 2 remove. Also a person(s) can build a house for “Habit for Humanity” and while learning a trade for when he gets out. I strongly believe in reopening “Angel Island and Ellis Island” and maybe one or two more. Be doing this we will be able to control diseases, terrorist and much more. And may even make continental fights cheaper because there would be two or three places were you could come in at. I believe put up a wall along the Mexican Boarder would be a nice thing because it would stop this entire illegal alien for starting crime over here from there and also help with the drug problem. :doh Canada board is just an extreme thing if they don’t screens there foreign people to make sure they don’t have diseases nor or terrorist. Deport all illegal aliens is just to extreme for me and to costly just get the one out of the jail and deport them back to there mother land.

So what do you thing? :confused:

I thought this thread was going to be about how to reform the JAIL system. Instead I just see a list of ideas for how to cut down on crime.

To answer the question you asked, we need to define the problem. In my opinion, the biggest problem is the fact that prisons breed more crime. Inmates make friends with other criminals and are more likely to continue their life of crime when they get out. The frequency of prison rapes also means that most prisoners will have mental problems when they leave.

We can reform the prison system by isolating prisoners who commit acts of violence against one another, and increasing the use of alternative punishments for certain nonviolent crimes.

I voted other. Stop making so many god-damn laws!

Kandahar said:
I thought this thread was going to be about how to reform the JAIL system. Instead I just see a list of ideas for how to cut down on crime.

To answer the question you asked, we need to define the problem. In my opinion, the biggest problem is the fact that prisons breed more crime. Inmates make friends with other criminals and are more likely to continue their life of crime when they get out. The frequency of prison rapes also means that most prisoners will have mental problems when they leave.

We can reform the prison system by isolating prisoners who commit acts of violence against one another, and increasing the use of alternative punishments for certain nonviolent crimes.

Isolating prisoners is no where near the answer they go even more nuts and kill there self....then people on the outside well go nuts to!

Loxd4 said:
Isolating prisoners is no where near the answer they go even more nuts and kill there self.

That's sad but it's better than having them hurt someone else. They wouldn't be isolated if they aren't violent while they're in prison.

Loxd4 said:
...then people on the outside well go nuts to!

:confused:

Here's what we do:
  • Eliminate mandatory sentencing for drug charges.
  • Eliminate the 3-strikes law.
  • Legalize drugs.
  • Do not send people to prison for victimless crimes.
  • Stop demonizing criminals (because we are all doing time).
  • Be concious of the hatred within our own hearts.

Billo_Really said:
Here's what we do:
  • Eliminate mandatory sentencing for drug charges.
  • Eliminate the 3-strikes law.
  • Legalize drugs.
  • Do not send people to prison for victimless crimes.
  • Stop demonizing criminals (because we are all doing time).
  • Be concious of the hatred within our own hearts.

How the hell can you legalize drugs with out all hell breaking out?

Loxd4 said:
To sum it up, the criminalization of drugs makes hard-core users commit more crime to pay for their habits, deters some people from becoming casual users in the first place, prevents a few casual users from falling into the ranks of the hard-core users, and uses the legal system to squash the lives of casual users. (casual users being defined as job-holding, productive members of society who sporadically indulge socially)

Legalizing drugs would: reduce crimes committed by hard-core users, allow a few casual users to partake more often, increase the general acceptance of casual use, and prevent the callous use of the criminal justice system to tear apart the lives of productive members of society who indulge in a "victimless crime."

Pros:
  • crime would go down
  • tax revenue would go up
  • billions saved on Plan Columbia-type policies
  • productive members of society no longer smacked around for harmlessly indulging
Cons:
  • increased casual use
  • more casual users would become hard-core users

Hardly what I'd call "all hell breaking out."

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Loxd4
The same way we legalized caffiene, nicotine and alcohol.

Originally Posted by Befuddled_Stoner
To sum it up, the criminalization of drugs makes hard-core users commit more crime to pay for their habits, deters some people from becoming casual users in the first place, prevents a few casual users from falling into the ranks of the hard-core users, and uses the legal system to squash the lives of casual users. (casual users being defined as job-holding, productive members of society who sporadically indulge socially)

Legalizing drugs would: reduce crimes committed by hard-core users, allow a few casual users to partake more often, increase the general acceptance of casual use, and prevent the callous use of the criminal justice system to tear apart the lives of productive members of society who indulge in a "victimless crime."

Pros:
crime would go down
tax revenue would go up
billions saved on Plan Columbia-type policies
productive members of society no longer smacked around for harmlessly indulging
Cons:
increased casual use
more casual users would become hard-core users

Hardly what I'd call "all hell breaking out."
This is a very well thought out post. Thank you.

Ok, I take and shown and talk to these people about my ideas to 10 Republicans, 4 Decorates, 2 Liberals and 4 Independents. They all loved ever single word! So I write up a fake bill for my ideas and shown them again, they said it sounds like dictatorship or Communism thoughts. We is this as a whole there though like that but as a single they thought as good….politics is messed up

Back
Top Bottom