• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Red tape burden surges to 10.34 billion hours, 15,000 lifetimes

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Federal paperwork requirements required by President Joe Biden’s expanding regulations cost taxpayers and companies over 10 billion hours a year, the equivalent of 15,000 “human lifetimes of work, sleep, play, and everything in between,” according to new agency reports.

The financial cost is just as bad: $163.2 billion, the Office of Management and Budget said.

Since Biden entered the Oval Office, federal agencies have been increasing regulations and dismantling former President Donald Trump’s deregulation agenda. Biden has increased many regulations through executive orders, following the pattern set by former President Barack Obama, who boosted rules and regulations when he lost control of Congress.

We used to have an America First President and now, thanks to election fraud, we have an America Last President.

And it's costing Americans dearly.

Federal paperwork requirements required by President Joe Biden’s expanding regulations cost taxpayers and companies over 10 billion hours a year, the equivalent of 15,000 “human lifetimes of work, sleep, play, and everything in between,” according to new agency reports.​
The financial cost is just as bad: $163.2 billion, the Office of Management and Budget said.​
Since Biden entered the Oval Office, federal agencies have been increasing regulations and dismantling former President Donald Trump’s deregulation agenda. Biden has increased many regulations through executive orders, following the pattern set by former President Barack Obama, who boosted rules and regulations when he lost control of Congress.​

We used to have an America First President and now, thanks to election fraud, we have an America Last President.

You've really gone all in on the "election fraud" conspiracy theory, haven't you?

Did a quick search. There is approximately 157,000,000 workers in the US. The OP article stated the paperwork is costing 6,600,000,000 hours. That comes to just over 42 hours per worker. Oh the horror.:giggle:

Just goes to show what one can do with statistics. Not saying I am correct, just saying when one uses broad based assumptions things may not be what they seem in the article.

Federal paperwork requirements required by President Joe Biden’s expanding regulations cost taxpayers and companies over 10 billion hours a year, the equivalent of 15,000 “human lifetimes of work, sleep, play, and everything in between,” according to new agency reports.​
The financial cost is just as bad: $163.2 billion, the Office of Management and Budget said.​
Since Biden entered the Oval Office, federal agencies have been increasing regulations and dismantling former President Donald Trump’s deregulation agenda. Biden has increased many regulations through executive orders, following the pattern set by former President Barack Obama, who boosted rules and regulations when he lost control of Congress.​

Gotta luv the moonies.

Did a quick search. There is approximately 157,000,000 workers in the US. The OP article stated the paperwork is costing 6,600,000,000 hours. That comes to just over 42 hours per worker. Oh the horror.:giggle:

Just goes to show what one can do with statistics. Not saying I am correct, just saying when one uses broad based assumptions things may not be what they seem in the article.
per EVERY worker (including part time if i read it corect) is a work week for each worker.
Thats extraordinary as well as the costs
And that's just compliance not dealing with atty's contesting such

It's a terrible waste of human resource for mostly counter-productive regs

Not all of those 157,000,000 worker are involved in the paperwork but all American taxpayers and businesses have to comply with the increased costs of the Biden puke's regulations, so your "statistic" is useless.

Now, if you think the OMB is making "broad based assumptions", I encourage you to point them out instead of spouting off with useless statistics.

per EVERY worker (including part time if i read it corect) is a work week for each worker.
Thats extraordinary as well as the costs
And that's just compliance not dealing with atty's contesting such

It's a terrible waste of human resource for mostly counter-productive regs

I do not disagree that bad regulations should be removed and not required. I also believe that the OP linked article is someone biased.

There isn't enough regulation.

The reason it has to look so bad is that business hire an army of attorneys to find loopholes, so they loopholes are plugged with more red tape. 100 years of that adds up.

Big woo. Now Biden is creating paperwork? Guess you got to dig deep when Trump is pooping his own pants. BTW - Is this the origins of America First?

Attachments

• America First.jpg
    America First.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1
Not all of those 157,000,000 worker are involved in the paperwork but all American taxpayers and businesses have to comply with the increased costs of the Biden puke's regulations, so your "statistic" is useless.

Now, if you think the OMB is making "broad based assumptions", I encourage you to point them out instead of spouting off with useless statistics.
seems the sarcasm in my post went over your head.

I stated in the calculations it was for "workers". Did your article define how it derived the 6.6 billion. Did it show its work/calculations.

My point stands. One can do what one wants with numbers.
Bad regulations should be removed and not required. The challenge is to define what is a bad regulation?

There isn't enough regulation.

The reason it has to look so bad is that business hire an army of attorneys to find loopholes, so they loopholes are plugged with more red tape. 100 years of that adds up.
So...instead of breaking the cycle, you want to increase it with more regulations.

I can't say I agree with you.

I do not disagree that bad regulations should be removed and not required. I also believe that the OP linked article is someone biased.
no idea. the link doesnt take me to the OMB figures, but it's pretty clear Biden has been issuing regs like crazy
( like the war on appliances) ..the administrative state is a yuge problem because it just keeps growing

So...instead of breaking the cycle, you want to increase it with more regulations.

Yes, the more the better.

What election fraud? We know empirically that voter/election fraud is statistically zero. Every single investigation ever done has shown you that.
They've got nothing good to say about Trump these days so they're going back and repeating the election myth.

~not interested in sarcasm~

I stated in the calculations it was for "workers". Did your article define how it derived the 6.6 billion. Did it show its work/calculations.
You can do your own research. The article has links and references.

My point stands. One can do what one wants with numbers.
Yes, you made your point...and I responded: Useless statistics.

Bad regulations should be removed and not required. The challenge is to define what is a bad regulation?
It would be better to be transparent about the cost of ALL regulations. Evidently, you missed that point when it was made in the article.

That's because you can only "think" in bumper stickers. People who don't lick Trump's ass and the GOP's boots would prefer that a big corporation can't simply dump toxic waste next to their house, etc.

The idea that regulations are inherently bad is the dumbest piece of bullshit out there, and every last one of you repeats it on command.

Nonsense.

at least 9 billion, 999 million, 999 thousand, 999 of those hours was you trying to find Obamas real birth certificate and you know it (And you failed).

In all seriousness this is exactly the kind of low IQ headline meant for low IQ individuals who know only the bumper sticker logic “regulation bad”.

Why 10 billion?

Why not 1000 billion While we’re just making up numbers?

That's because you can only "think" in bumper stickers. People who don't lick Trump's ass and the GOP's boots would prefer that a big corporation can't simply dump toxic waste next to their house, etc.

The idea that regulations are inherently bad is the dumbest piece of bullshit out there, and every last one of you repeats it on command.

It's because their billionaire idols tell them it's bad.

Every time i see Elon whining like a little baby about regulation, i get happy, because i know it means he's in trouble again.

Why 10 billion?

Why not 1000 billion While we’re just making up numbers?
Those numbers come from the OMB. Read their report. If you think they are making up numbers, point it out with facts.

Washington Examiner

As someone who used to be so fond of saying................

Dismissed.

:ROFLMAO:

Consider the source, not just of the OP, but the link he sourced. Nuff said?

You are referencing an investigation into election fraud and opinion polls about election fraud, not facts. That election fraud is investigated with gusto whenever it is alleged is not evidence that it in fact took place, especially when 100% of those investigations determined that election fraud is so rare that it is effectively impossible for it to change the outcome of a US election.

You are referencing an investigation into election fraud and opinion polls about election fraud, not facts. That election fraud is investigated with gusto whenever it is alleged is not evidence that it in fact took place, especially when 100% of those investigations determined that election fraud is so rare that it is effectively impossible for it to change the outcome of a US election.
1. It is entirely possible for election fraud to change the outcome of any election.

2. It's obvious that you didn't read all of the information in that thread. If you had, you could not honestly say this stuff 👆 .

Back
Top Bottom