• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reasons to Reject Atheism

It's like shooting fish in a barrel, I swear!

It's like shooting fish in a barrel, I swear!

I see what you are doing...you are one conniving person...:mrgreen:

Once a profound cry of despair worthy of the deepest respect, atheism, under the influence of Dawkins, Dennett, Harris and Krauss (formerly Hitchens), the self-styled "New Atheists" of the new millennium -- under this pernicious influence, I say, atheism has become a strident exercise in ignorance, by ignorance, and for ignorance.

Some of the stupidest assertions ever made by Man have been made in the last fifteen years in the spirit and letter of New Atheism by educated and intelligent people.

Atheism today is self-contradictory mental pabulum for those incapable of independent critical thinking.

Atheism today is conflated with thoughtless anti-theism without a shred of self=awareness.

Atheism today is anti-religionism scared witless by the tragic historical event of 9/11.

Atheism today is without a single argument

Atheism today is without the courage of its convictions, in vociferous in self-denial that it even constitutes a belief.

Atheism today is just surly, mean-spirited lack of imagination on a mission.

Atheism today is a tale told by an idiot in the mantle of a skeptic.

The prosecution rests.

their just don't seem to be any gods but if there are they are welcome to pipe up

Same goes for theism. It is simply a belief in god(s).
Nothing simple about theism, but atheism today has put the simple in simplisticity.
Atheism today is the glazed look on the face of a simpleton suffering from echolalia. "Show me. Show me. Show me," it keeps muttering to itself and otherwise blurting out insults at the sky.

Angel hasn't got a clue about atheism.

Atheism is none of those things.

It is the rejection of a single proposition, nothing more.

Theist proposition : I believe a God or Gods exists
Atheist response : I do not believe that is true. I do not see enough evidence, for me, to be able to justify such a belief.

This list is just an example of you attributing tons of other characteristics on many people. You do all of this because a word that describes a response an individual has, to a single question.
Atheism roday is all of those things *in the OP).

Atheisim is, or used to be, "the rejection of a single proposition, nothing more." But atheism today tries to dent that it is "the rejection of a single proposition, nothing more."
Case in point: your representation of that proposition and its rejection:

Theist proposition : I believe a God or Gods exists
Atheist response : I do not believe that is true. I do not see enough evidence, for me, to be able to justify such a belief.
The theist proposition is: God exists.
The atheist rejection is: God does not exist.

This attempt on your part to finesse and fudge the proposition and its rejection illustrates one or two of the points made in the OP against today's atheism.

The "single question" you allude to is: Does God exist?

All the loud vocal atheists on the internet are my evidence, and the evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of the OP thesis.
Just observe the replies to come.

That's a terrible way to find evidence. Your claim is simply the loudest anti-theists represent all atheists. That's demonstrably nonsense.

That's a terrible way to find evidence. Your claim is simply the loudest anti-theists represent all atheists. That's demonstrably nonsense.

That is like saying that Logicman represents all Christians.

Once a profound cry of despair worthy of the deepest respect, atheism, under the influence of Dawkins, Dennett, Harris and Krauss (formerly Hitchens), the self-styled "New Atheists" of the new millennium -- under this pernicious influence, I say, atheism has become a strident exercise in ignorance, by ignorance, and for ignorance.

Some of the stupidest assertions ever made by Man have been made in the last fifteen years in the spirit and letter of New Atheism by educated and intelligent people.

Atheism today is self-contradictory mental pabulum for those incapable of independent critical thinking.

Atheism today is conflated with thoughtless anti-theism without a shred of self=awareness.

Atheism today is anti-religionism scared witless by the tragic historical event of 9/11.

Atheism today is without a single argument

Atheism today is without the courage of its convictions, in vociferous in self-denial that it even constitutes a belief.

Atheism today is just surly, mean-spirited lack of imagination on a mission.

Atheism today is a tale told by an idiot in the mantle of a skeptic.

The prosecution rests.
Prosecutors usually provide evidence at some point. All you did was call the defendant names.

Objection.
Sustained.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Nonsense perhaps. But how "demonstrably"?

Atheism roday is all of those things *in the OP).

Atheisim is, or used to be, "the rejection of a single proposition, nothing more." But atheism today tries to dent that it is "the rejection of a single proposition, nothing more."
Case in point: your representation of that proposition and its rejection:

The theist proposition is: God exists.
The atheist rejection is: God does not exist.

This attempt on your part to finesse and fudge the proposition and its rejection illustrates one or two of the points made in the OP against today's atheism.

The "single question" you allude to is: Does God exist?

This, Originally Posted by rjay:

is close to, but not exactly, my position.

I refer to myself as an agnostic, not an atheist. For me, it's easier to reject specific religions due to the weight of their accompanying beliefs (above and beyond the idea that there is a god that created everything in the universe) than it is for me to reject the pure idea of there being something like a God/creator.

I pointed out earlier in the thread that there are many, many theists that make theism, specifically Islam and Christianity, look downright evil.

Prosecutors usually provide evidence at some point. All you did was call the defendant names.

Objection.
Sustained.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The evidence is every atheist post in this and every other thread in the forum. I submit for the record the record of this forum as Exhibit A.

The evidence is every atheist post in this and every other thread in the forum. I submit for the record the record of this forum as Exhibit A.

Can I use your name calling as evidence of all religious folk of their hatred?

Nonsense perhaps. But how "demonstrably"?

Simple statistics, your sample size of atheist behaviour is the 4 individuals listed in your OP, that's too small a sample size to draw valid conclusions. Even using atheists you debate online is a flawed sampling method because you're excluding atheists that aren't obnoxiously anti-theistic.

No, it's not become that to any intellectually honest, rational adult, but that has become a shiny bauble of a talking point for those with no actual interest in honest discussion.

A non-qualifiable assertion intended to appeal to emotion. WHAT a surprise.

A. No, it's not, nor can you show that it is.
B. Given that criteria, you simply wouldn't know in any case.

Only by stupid people.

Yet another unsupported and unsupportable bare assertion begging for credibility.

Belies a laughable pig-ignorance of what atheism actually is.

Atheism is not a belief. This has been demonstrated to you countless times here, and yet you continually repeat the tard-mantra that it is.

Yet another unsupported and unsupportable bare assertion begging for credibility.

Yet another unsupported and unsupportable bare assertion begging for credibility offered by a laughably intellectually dishonest poster.

You haven't offered any 'prosecution'; just mindless braying and self-important faux-intellectual posturing, begging to be taken seriously by those who see right through you and whose attention you desperately seem to crave.

View attachment 67246375
Yes it is. Because Athiesm cannot be scientifically ascertained or falsified, it is in fact a belief.
That you do not wish to call it that does not mean it is not.

be·lief
/bəˈlēf/Submit
noun
an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
"his belief in the value of hard work"
trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
"a belief in democratic politics"
synonyms: faith, trust, reliance, confidence, credence
"belief in the value of hard work"

You have to have total confidence that no form of deity even can exist in order to be an athiest. This cannot be proven, you are merely confident it is the case, and in that, it's a belief and not a fact.

Back
Top Bottom