• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Re-evaluating Terry Schiavo Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I just sat here and watched a live news story about a woman who went into a veggitative state 7 years ago, diagnosed with no better chance than was given Terry Schiavo. This woman has woken up and is doing 'well'. The doctor in charge of the case has called this 'remarkable' and said that the medical world should take a hard look at this case and re-evaluate whether 'pulling the plug' should be an option anymore.

I guess the 'fact' that Schaivo would never recover, as was diagnosed for this woman, might not have been such a DEFINITE fact after all. Hmmmm.

1 Lesson to take away from all of this, boys and girls - LIVING WILL! If you don't want to be on CNN and Fox with politicians and the courts fighting over your fate if something happens to you, make sure you have one!

This woman has a brain, Schiavo did not.

Pulling the plug should always be an option.

This woman has a brain, Schiavo did not.

Well I'll be darned. I agree with, Stinger. And no, I'm not currently in a vegatitive state.

I just sat here and watched a live news story about a woman who went into a veggitative state 7 years ago, diagnosed with no better chance than was given Terry Schiavo.

Who stated this?

Moderator's Warning:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...es-rules-please-read-before-posting-here.html

Guidelines & Rules - Please read *before* posting here.
Moderator's Warning:

In order to better organize the news forum and help spur debate across all the forums, "Today's News" has been renamed "Breaking News." Here are some guidelines to help you properly use this forum.

1. All posts must have a link to a news article, accompanied by some original commentary.

2. The title of every post must be identical to the title of the news story headline. This is important as it helps to avoid multiple topics about an issue, while starting discussions out on a more neutral basis.

If a story is titled "Rice Negotiates With UN about Iran Nukes," then that should be the title of your thread, not "Warmongers Lie to try to Start WWIII" or "Condi Stands up to Euro-Wusses."

3. All news stories should be from within the past 48 hours. If they are outside of that, please post them in the relevant discussion forum.

4. If you see a post that doesn't follow these guidelines, please let a mod know and we'll either move it to its proper place or work with the original poster to fix the issue.

5. Please help by following these guidelines closely so our forum can stay organized.

Thanks to everyone for your help, and have fun debating!

Please feel free to restart the thread following the guideline for this forum.

Alternately, you may pm / email me (or another mod) with the link to the news story and it can be inserted into the thread and the thread will be re-opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom