• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rasmussen Poll: Biden Up 8, Hits High of 51 Percent

George50

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Republicans have apparently turned on President Donald Trump and the GOP-held Senate's attempt to move forward on a swift successor to late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Democrat Joe Biden gained eight points before Tuesday night's debate and amid the impending Supreme Court battle, getting over 50% support from likely voters in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll released Wednesday.

Biden's 51% is 8 points in front of Trump's 43%, "his lowest since early August," according to Rasmussen.

"The race had narrowed over the previous three weeks, but Biden has now cleared the 50% mark for the first time," according to Rasmussen, a poll that has tended to be more favorable to Republicans and Trump.

Most notably, Republican support was cratering for Trump amid the effort to confirm a Supreme Court Justice nominee. The poll "finds Trump with 79% support among Republicans," according to Rasmussen, a number far lower than the previous support Trump had enjoyed in the 90s.

Also, now "Biden has 84% of the Democrat vote and has reclaimed the lead among voters not affiliated with either major party," per Rasmussen.

The survey of 3,000 likely voters was conducted Sept. 16-17 and 20-22 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Via mail in ballots, Quid Pro Quo China Joe will probably win with 500,000,000 votes - just in New York and California alone. Over a billion votes overall. Voting by mail will pick up dramatically when the ship with the ballots arrives from China.

Republicans have apparently turned on President Donald Trump and the GOP-held Senate's attempt to move forward on a swift successor to late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Democrat Joe Biden gained eight points before Tuesday night's debate and amid the impending Supreme Court battle, getting over 50% support from likely voters in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll released Wednesday.

Biden's 51% is 8 points in front of Trump's 43%, "his lowest since early August," according to Rasmussen.

"The race had narrowed over the previous three weeks, but Biden has now cleared the 50% mark for the first time," according to Rasmussen, a poll that has tended to be more favorable to Republicans and Trump.

Most notably, Republican support was cratering for Trump amid the effort to confirm a Supreme Court Justice nominee. The poll "finds Trump with 79% support among Republicans," according to Rasmussen, a number far lower than the previous support Trump had enjoyed in the 90s.

Also, now "Biden has 84% of the Democrat vote and has reclaimed the lead among voters not affiliated with either major party," per Rasmussen.

The survey of 3,000 likely voters was conducted Sept. 16-17 and 20-22 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

You all are such hypocrites lol.

I created two threads, each based on one poll, and had to deal with pages and pages of liberal posters complaining that I was cherrypicking polls.

I'd like to see a single liberal poster criticize this thread, or the one on the SC poll.

Rasmussen is the poll that always favored Trump.

Well, up to now.

Maybe more telling is how much money Joe Biden raised during the debate:

The campaign raised nearly $4 million in an hour -- and won 60,000 new donors.

Via mail in ballots, Quid Pro Quo China Joe will probably win with 500,000,000 votes - just in New York and California alone. Over a billion votes overall. Voting by mail will pick up dramatically when the ship with the ballots arrives from China.
Here is another quate from Hitler: "The great mass of the people fall more easily victims of a great lie than of a small one."

"

I created two threads, each based on one poll, and had to deal with pages and pages of liberal posters complaining that I was cherrypicking polls.

I'd like to see a single liberal poster criticize this thread, or the one on the SC poll.

Ok. But do you have any comment on how poorly Trump is doing in this and other polls, since you seemed to think about two weeks ago that the momentum was in trumps favor? I mean it’s clearly not lol. And this is before that bomb of a debate. Trump is losing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, up to now.

It still favours Trump, but his real numbers are so bad now, that even they cant hide it anymore. :ROFLMAO:

Well, up to now.

Just think how hard they had to work to show Biden only up by one!

How's it feel that all you have left to post is bs?

We’re just enjoying it because Rasmussen is always the poll where the GOP operatives supply the results before the poll is taken!

Rasmussen is obviously still on the spin job. And they remain the outlier, putting Biden up by one, when virtually every other poll has him up by high single digits. They had to work hard to limit their results to that.

This is a Rasmussen pattern too. They produce outlier polls for folks like you to parrot. And just before every Presidential election, they suddenly start veering towards the real numbers, so they can claim that they called it right.

Awww, you seem angry that rasmussen had biden ahead. I also don't expect to see any from the right agree with this poll, their bellwether poll.

the race will almost certainly tighten.

RCP just added New Hampshire to their "Lean column" for Biden. Now he's favored to win 226 electoral college. That's 44 more electoral college votes until 270.

In the latest poll out of SC, they had Trump up by only 1 point.

Unless Trump changes course, he's going to lose BIG TIME. Too bad he doesn't have Kellyanne Conway anymore. She really helped him steer the ship in 2016.

Are you going to be okay? You sound upset....

It's amusing because Biden is +8 in a notoriously pro-Trump poll--the only one Trump has ever led in (albeit only once and only by a point, last week).

But let's get real, Ras is a joke. There's only two possible reasons their polling has shifted nine points in Biden's direction in a week: 1) they're either ready to give up on providing cover for Trump and are bringing their polling into line with other pollsters to salvage some claim to accuracy in 2020, or 2) they'll shift the polling back toward Trump next week to try and juice some "Trump's gaining" narrative.

Granted they just tried the latter last week and that narrative is already dead so maybe it's the less likely option.

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist! I know how much you like Rasmussen and thought you would want to see it! As I think you said once though, Rasmussen does vary a lot from poll to poll, so take it with a grain of salt!

This is what living in an alternative reality looks like.

Point?
<debate forum

the race will almost certainly tighten.

Actually, I don't think it will. Two of the most meaningful events -- the conventions and the first debate -- have already taken place. There's nothing that's predictable about the next month that will change the math.

It's amusing because Biden is +8 in a notoriously pro-Trump poll--the only one Trump has ever led in (albeit only once and only by a point, last week).

But let's get real, Ras is a joke. There's only two possible reasons their polling has shifted nine points in Biden's direction in a week: 1) they're either ready to give up on providing cover for Trump and are bringing their polling into line with other pollsters to salvage some claim to accuracy in 2020, or 2) they'll shift the polling back toward Trump next week to try and juice some "Trump's gaining" narrative.

Granted they just tried the latter last week and that narrative is already dead so maybe it's the less likely option.

This...Trump "closing the gap" "gaining momentum" right before election......

Actually, I don't think it will. Two of the most meaningful events -- the conventions and the first debate -- have already taken place. There's nothing that's predictable about the next month that will change the math.

I agree....Unless the Trump camp has some juicy October surprise I don't see things changing much....Right now the Trump campaign seems stagnate, which will eventually be a net negative if they just "keep doing what their doing."

This is what living in an alternative reality looks like.

It what living in Quid Pro China Joe's no-facts reality looks like.

I agree....Unless the Trump camp has some juicy October surprise I don't see things changing much....Right now the Trump campaign seems stagnate, which will eventually be a net negative if they just "keep doing what their doing."

The problem for trump is that an "October surprise" requires credibility, and all of his has been shot to hell. An announcement of a vaccine or an investigation by the DOJ into Biden is going to land with a thud. Short of them just shooting Biden, there won't be a meaningful change in the math between now and election day.

Edit: well that's not entirely true. The paths Trump has to a victory is narrowing with every passing day. Biden now has a 80/100 chance of winning, which is the highest it's ever been. The more time passes in which Biden maintains his lead, the more those odds are going to increase in his favor.

The problem for trump is that an "October surprise" requires credibility, and all of his has been shot to hell. An announcement of a vaccine or an investigation by the DOJ into Biden is going to land with a thud. Short of them just shooting Biden, there won't be a meaningful change in the math between now and election day.

Edit: well that's not entirely true. The paths Trump has to a victory is narrowing with every passing day. Biden now has a 80/100 chance of winning, which is the highest it's ever been. The more time passes in which Biden maintains his lead, the more those odds are going to increase in his favor.

Almost like 2016.

Back
Top Bottom