• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rand Paul to travel to Canada for hernia surgery

First see your post above, admit you must moved the goal posts, and I'll respond.
I see, so you didn't know this about the Canadian healthcare system. That explains why you posted the thread thinking this was some "gotcha" thing.

Right, same as it would be at a normal hospital in Canada. I've never been charged extra for a "semi-private room" in the US, or been given anything other than a completely private room (and I've had several surgeries). So you would get the same care as someone from the US at this hospital, you'd just be charged extra for something that would be likely be covered by insurance for the US patient.

But that's really beside the point, which is that this hospital exists in Canada in spite of your healthcare system, not because of it. It would be illegal if it weren't grandfathered in.

*sigh*….and yet, no public outcry in Canada to make our system like yours...at all, whatsoever. Maybe it's because we're all covered, while over 27 million Americans (and climbing, under Trump's administration) have no health insurance whatsoever.

https://www.kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

I see, so you didn't know this about the Canadian healthcare system. That explains why you posted the thread thinking this was some "gotcha" thing.

<shaking my head> You're caught, now you're running away. You want to have an honest discussion, you need to be honest.

*sigh*….and yet, no public outcry in Canada to make our system like yours...at all, whatsoever. Maybe it's because we're all covered, while over 27 million Americans (and climbing, under Trump's administration) have no health insurance whatsoever.

https://www.kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/
There's certainly no public outcry of confidence, either. Concerns over the healthcare system consistently make it the second or sometimes most imporyant issue among voters.

<shaking my head> You're caught, now you're running away. You want to have an honest discussion, you need to be honest.
Sorry your thread failed. Maybe next time you'll read the article first.

There's certainly no public outcry of confidence, either. Concerns over the healthcare system consistently make it the second or sometimes most imporyant issue among voters.

Well, it's healthcare. I'd say that was pretty common...

But it sounds like you're perfectly happy with your system...sounds like you live in the right place for you. Your constant attempts to paint our health care system as inferior, when most of the world would call it superior, smacks of insecurity. Just be happy you live somewhere that makes you happy. I know I am! :)

Back
Top Bottom