• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racist Florida government at it again.

ColdHardTruth

SN/YN US NAVY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A Florida elementary school required permission slips from students to hear a book written by an African-American author read out loud.

This is happening because of KKK scum like DeSantis.

1708036241232.png

Do any of you still have the stomach to say DeSantis and is buddies in Florida are not a collection of racists?

A Florida elementary school required permission slips from students to hear a book written by an African-American author read out loud.

View attachment 67492674

Do any of you still have the stomach to say DeSantis and is buddies in Florida are not a collection of racists?
This is Miami-Dade not all of Florida. Probably a teacher covering his/her ass.

This is Miami-Dade not all of Florida. Probably a teacher covering his/her ass.

It's happening because of the laws created by DeSantis and his KKK buddies. This was not an issue before he was in office.

You are correct though... that teacher was probably trying to avoid being terminated by Der Furher DeSantis' secret education police.

View attachment 67492674

Looks bogus. Where is the title of the book? The document if authentic seems more inflammatory than a simple permission slip to listen to a particular piece of literature. Again, no title? Why not? If I had the title I could look up the text. Why no title?

Looks bogus. Where is the title of the book? The document if authentic seems more inflammatory than a simple permission slip to listen to a particular piece of literature. Again, no title? Why not? If I had the title I could look up the text. Why no title?

Your duck attempt has failed.

Move on.

The form says it's a required form for all school sponsored activities, events, or supplemental programs. Not a title included. Sounds like a planned piece of BS.
Democrats being democrats.

Another right-wing dodge attempt.

View attachment 67492674

Amazing. In a “what the hell” negative way.

The form says it's a required form for all school sponsored activities, events, or supplemental programs. Not a title included. Sounds like a planned piece of BS.
Democrats being democrats.

Why do you support right-wing censorship? I thought righties wanted free speech. So much for that.

Well this is retarded with just a picture of a slip to go on. Where is the story/background?
Of course there should be no issue with "a book written by an African American".
There is more to this story.

Lasts from 1 to 1:30 and may include a fireman/doctor/artist as guests?
Seems not much time to even read a short story and discuss with guests (speakers I assume?)

Sounds more like excerpts of a book put on a screen and 'discussed' by speakers.
How long is the Q&A portion with questions from the kids in this whopping 30 minutes?

Well this is retarded with just a picture of a slip to go on. Where is the story/background?
Of course there should be no issue with "a book written by an African American".
There is more to this story.

Lasts from 1 to 1:30 and may include a fireman/doctor/artist as guests?
Seems not much time to even read a short story and discuss with guests (speakers I assume?)

Sounds more like excerpts of a book put on a screen and 'discussed' by speakers.
How long is the Q&A portion with questions from the kids in this whopping 30 minutes?

Typical school assignment really. Most children in elementary school have the attention span of a gnat. It's typical for the age. A doctor or a fireman (or any guest) would likely take up most of the time allotted, especially if he or she answers questions.

View attachment 67492674

Not me. The idea that a student needs a permission slip to hear a book written by a black person turns my stomach. In 20 years, 'Did you go to FL schools?' will be a standard question potential employees will have to answer.

Typical school assignment really.
I went to school! And IIRC, the only time I had to have a thing signed was for a field trip or to participate in an activity with risk. Field Day! I got a boo boo!
Most children in elementary school have the attention span of a gnat. It's typical for the age.
Yep, except for that one who is a smart cookie and has questions.
A doctor or a fireman (or any guest) would likely take up most of the time allotted, especially if he or she answers questions.
Don't forget possibly an 'artist'. You strangely omitted that ILO "(or any quest)".
Stick with the Doctors and Firemen. More commendable.

The 'short story' I would assume, would take half the time. And speaking the rest..

This is for when your kid comes with questions. Your signature on the document is on file and saved.

Why is the ink different to a point? I see no spot where the pen took a shit and needed a different one.

And wait.. The handwriting is of two different hands? Kind of weird for two to fill out a slip. You would think the person who was organizing it could handle it?
BTW, they didn't circle a day. I object to Tuesday's. That's Soylent Green Day..

View attachment 67492674

Wow. Taking America back to the Fifties.

That is amazing the date is 2024, not 1954.

Surprised they don't bring back whites only drinking fountains.

Like anybody wants to put their name out there, or their kids name, for public scrutiny over sharing this.

Like anybody wants to put their name out there, or their kids name, for public scrutiny over sharing this.
Leave the kids out of it, but if this is your game, step up to the plate.
A picture of a slip may be legit, but doesn't mean shit.
Let's get to the bottom of it all.
Speak up! Attend the event and report back.

And wait.. The handwriting is of two different hands? Kind of weird for two to fill out a slip. You would think the person who was organizing it could handle it?
BTW, they didn't circle a day. I object to Tuesday's. That's Soylent Green Day..

In a school setting, this is common. May be a TA completing part of it and a teacher completing the other.

Boy, I don't know. This is getting into dangerous territory. I'm sure our dark-skin brothers and sisters are thinking WTF!
White Skinned people are thinking WTF!! Glad I don't live in that shithole with those racist rightwing nutters.

3PpSqlUOOhARQ442.jpg

I seriously doubt that.
Doubt away. Doesn’t change the fact that DeSantis and his far right supermajorities in both FL Houses have spread their fascist stink through extreme, constitutionally dubious legislation, much of which has been overturned or is currently blocked pending legal challenges, across the entire state.

Back
Top Bottom