• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Query for the not-so-keen on guns...

Gun Guy says I carry everyday, I'm always conscious of my surroundings and mentally prepared.

Other Side says You live in fear. I don't want to live in fear, it's not worth it, and our society isn't that dangerous.

Gun Guy: I don't live in fear. I am confident in my ability to protect myself, so I just do what I do; what is this fear you speak of?
Mask Guy says I wear every day, I'm always conscious of my surroundings and mentally prepared.

Other Side says You live in fear. I don't want to live in fear, it's not worth it, and COVID isn't that dangerous.

Mask Guy: I don't live in fear. I am confident in my ability to protect myself, so I just do what I do; what is this fear you speak of?

Now, here's the difference...
1.) You don't wear the mask because you're scared you'll get covid, you wear it because you're scared you already have it and don't want to give it to someone else.
So instead of being afraid someone else might hurt me, I'm afraid I might hurt someone else. The opposite of fear.
2.) Wearing a mask would never accidentally kill you or a loved one.
3.) You are insanely more likely to die or suffer serious long-term problems from COVID than you are from a random stranger attacking you.
4.) Our Economy doesn't get destroyed by millions of idiots not carrying a gun.
5.) Nobody will ever steal your medical mask and use it to murder 17 school children.

5.) Nobody will ever steal your medical mask and use it to murder 17 school children.

Do you want to ban AR-15s because someone used one to murder 17 schoolchildren?

Do you want to ban AR-15s because someone used one to murder 17 schoolchildren?
I want America to stop pretending we can't do anything about these horrible disasters when this is literally the only country on earth where that kind of shit regularly happens.
I'm willing to try something. Anything to reduce mass shootings in this country, and I don't give a flying **** about a weapon that's only real civilian purpose is to blow up pumpkins.
That is a trivial ****ing sacrifice to make in order to see if actually helps.

Anything to reduce mass shootings in this country

Then we should try doing away with gun free zones, then, right? They don't seem to be keeping the mass shooters out of the zones.

and I don't give a flying **** about a weapon that's only real civilian purpose is to blow up pumpkins.

Civilians had semiautomatic rifles well before the military did in the US.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 found that legitimate uses of firearms included “…hunting, trapshooting, target shooting, personal protection, or any other lawful activity”.

Common legal uses for AR-15s and similar firearms:
1. Long distance shooting. http://thecmp.org/competitions/service-rifle/
2. Competition - http://3gunnation.com/news
3. Practice – for long distance or competition
4. Plinking/recreational shooting – cheapest centerfire ammo, low recoil, adaptable frame.
5. Varmint hunting - https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2013/1/10/best-ar-15-calibers-for-predator-hunting/
6. Big game hunting, in the proper caliber and legal magazine. - http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...r-style-rifles-chambered-for-big-game-hunting
7. Self-defense. - http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammo/ultimate-300-aac-blackout-ammo-test/

That is a trivial ****ing sacrifice to make in order to see if actually helps.
We've had mass murders committed with "assault weapons", semiautomatic rifles not classified as "assault weapons", bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, semiautomatic shotguns, pump action shotguns, double barrel shotguns, pistols, revolvers, and rimfire firearms. Want to start working your way down the list until we have no more mass shootings?

The federal government sold hundreds of thousands of actual military grade, semiautomatic, magazine fed rifles to citizens for decades, without background checks and mailed them to their homes.

Evidently the government felt there was a need for citizens to own these kinds of firearms.

My position is based on law. The Constitution says shall not be infringed. Repeal the second amendment and I will support whatever the majority decides. Don't repeal it, and I won't support restricting them further.
Can you imagine the mail in campaign the democrats will organize to rig the 2nd amendment vote? Out of a country of 330 million about 500 million will cast ballots, most not signed.

Back
Top Bottom