• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quantum entanglement between an optical photon and a solid-state spin qubit

You mean an unfalsifiable hypothesis. Theories can not be "proven", nor can hypotheses they can only be determined to be likely true with a high degree of probability.

Yeah, whatever you want to call it. You know what I meant.

well first off that was funny about the soul thing, but i know what your talking about... but just like in the movie law abiding citizen (this actually applies to anything lol) its not what you know, its what you can prove.

and Orion - okay yeah i meant the more mathematical reasoning... but haven't some of these theories been proven completely wrong and some just to be totally opposite.

But quantum entanglement only deals with the quantum level IE elementary particles and twin elementary particles obeying the laws of conservation at that.

That's all we've observed - that does not mean that macroscopic objects cannot be entagled. We've observed superposition in macroscopic objects, and I'm not aware of any reason why macroscopic entanglement should not be possible.

On all other counts you're correct, though. Entanglement involves no transfer of information and does not change the state of either particle.

well first off that was funny about the soul thing, but i know what your talking about... but just like in the movie law abiding citizen (this actually applies to anything lol) its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Not all knowledge requires scientific backing to be valid, unless of course you are a scientist. As it applies to this particular theory, I suppose you are correct.

and Orion - okay yeah i meant the more mathematical reasoning... but haven't some of these theories been proven completely wrong and some just to be totally opposite.

What theories? You mean out of body experiences and the like?

Not all knowledge requires scientific backing to be valid, unless of course you are a scientist. As it applies to this particular theory, I suppose you are correct.
i mean.... yeah we can all agree when someone is crying and just plain ballin out about something you know they speak truth (unless if they are spies and highly trained lol) but yeah as a person who is all for science (on somethings lol) yeah id like to see proof of something to be real.

What theories? You mean out of body experiences and the like?[/QUOTE]

and the theories i was referring to were the ones pertaining to laws of physics not the near death experience one lol

Back
Top Bottom