• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quag and the Angel: a dialogue

You're talking through your hat, trying to save face.
Here's my bonafides:

Where's yours?
You don't have a damn thing to show.
Now repeat the falsehood like a good Internet Skeptic.

Yes you inserted your definition into my statement then claimed all discussion was at an end due to what I said.

Please continue to keep this thread alive for all to see and condemn you

Yes you inserted your definition into my statement then claimed all discussion was at an end due to what I said.

Please continue to keep this thread alive for all to see and condemn you
Here's the case against you:
You're confused, Quag. The fault lies here, in your justification of your claim:
"Belief is only opinion because this is one of the meanings in a creditable dictionary and I select that particular meaning because that is what I mean by 'belief' in my claim."

That justification makes discussion nugatory.

The following simply exemplifies the absurdity of your justification:
"All premises are beliefs as belief is simply the mental acceptance of a statement according to a dictionary definition I, Angel, select because that is what I mean by 'belief' in my claim."

You are confused, Quag. I have not inserted my definition of belief into your statement -- I have used your justification to support my own statement.

Your justification -- from which you would not budge though others besides myself told you you were being unreasonable -- your smug and pretentious justification has been reduced to absurdity by Angel, and false pride drives you to post these ridiculous fabricated complaints about Angel's checkmate of you.
No insertion. Nothing but the absurd consequences of your argument.

Yes, the record is there, and condemns you. You must think others are really stupid if you're not embarrassed by this thread.

Here's the case against you:

No insertion. Nothing but the absurd consequences of your argument.

Yes, the record is there, and condemns you. You must think others are really stupid if you're not embarrassed by this thread.

Yes you did insert your definition. Are you really so blinded by your arrogance you truly cant see what you did? Is it a complete lack of comprehension of logic that is your failing? Perhaps it is just that you think by repeating your BS people will think you are the wronged party here?
Whatever the case you made a strawman and got caught. The record is clear, it comndemns you. lease feel free to keep this thread alive for all to see.

Where? Show us where this occurs.

Already shown and lets face it you know exaclty where
Sucks for you that you got cauht but then you should know by now you arent even half as clever as you think you are.

Already shown and lets face it you know exaclty where
Sucks for you that you got cauht but then you should know by now you arent even half as clever as you think you are.
Show us where? Here's the case against your argument:
You're confused, Quag. The fault lies here, in your justification of your claim:
"Belief is only opinion because this is one of the meanings in a creditable dictionary and I select that particular meaning because that is what I mean by 'belief' in my claim."

That justification makes discussion nugatory.

The following simply exemplifies the absurdity of your justification:
"All premises are beliefs as belief is simply the mental acceptance of a statement according to a dictionary definition I, Angel, select because that is what I mean by 'belief' in my claim."

You are confused, Quag. I have not inserted my definition of belief into your statement -- I have used your justification to support my own statement.

Your justification -- from which you would not budge though others besides myself told you you were being unreasonable -- your smug and pretentious justification has been reduced to absurdity by Angel, and false pride drives you to post these ridiculous fabricated complaints about Angel's checkmate of you.
Just point to where this "insertion" takes place.
Or stop making your false claim.

Show us where? Here's the case against your argument:

Just point to where this "insertion" takes place.
Or stop making your false claim.

You clearly did when you used your definition of beleif via premises in my statement then claimed all discussion was ended
Please feel free to continue to make a fool of yourself.

You clearly did when you used your definition of beleif via premises in my statement then claimed all discussion was ended
Please feel free to continue to make a fool of yourself.
What does this mean: "when you used your definition of beleif via premises in my statement"?
By "via premises in my statement" do you mean your justification for your belief?
If that's what you mean, pay attention to the following:
My definition of belief is justified in the exact same way as your definition of belief -- that's the point: your justification, your argument, the answer you gave to OrphanSlug, Vizbek and me early in the thread, the position you would not budge from come hell or high water -- that justification is a discussion-ender.

If you mean something else by "via premises in my statement," please tell us what that is.

What does this mean: "when you used your definition of beleif via premises in my statement"?
By "via premises in my statement" do you mean your justification for your belief?
If that's what you mean, pay attention to the following:
My definition of belief is justified in the exact same way as your definition of belief -- that's the point: your justification, your argument, the answer you gave to OrphanSlug, Vizbek and me early in the thread, the position you would not budge from come hell or high water -- that justification is a discussion-ender.

If you mean something else by "via premises in my statement," please tell us what that is.

Stop playing dumb even you arent that ignorant.
When you try to use your definition in my statement then claim I am ending discussion you are trying to make a straw man. You got caught.

Stop playing dumb even you arent that ignorant.
When you try to use your definition in my statement then claim I am ending discussion you are trying to make a straw man. You got caught.
First of all, stop the personal remarks right there, friend. Don't get nasty simply because you came up short in a dispute. You're out of line.
My definition of what in your statement of what? Since you're not going to produce this insertion transgression, we'll have to sleuth for it.
My definition of what? Your statement of what?

First of all, stop the personal remarks right there, friend. Don't get nasty simply because you came up short in a dispute. You're out of line.
My definition of what in your statement of what? Since you're not going to produce this insertion transgression, we'll have to sleuth for it.
My definition of what? Your statement of what?

First of all you constantly make personal remarks I just reply in kind dont like it stop doing it

Secondly you know exactly what you did and that was to try and make a strawman. You got caught

First of all you constantly make personal remarks I just reply in kind dont like it stop doing it

Secondly you know exactly what you did and that was to try and make a strawman. You got caught
So you cannot back up your claim. You're just going to repeat endlessly "You know what you did!"
I do know what I did, but it's not what you claim I did. I used your argument, your justification, for two statements, the one made by you and justified by you in this way, and the one made by me and justified in the same way you justify your statement.

So you cannot back up your claim. You're just going to repeat endlessly "You know what you did!"
I do know what I did, but it's not what you claim I did. I used your argument, your justification, for two statements, the one made by you and justified by you in this way, and the one made by me and justified in the same way you justify your statement.

Already backed it up you made a strawman and got caught

I'm embarrassed for you.

I do care enough for you to be embarraesd for you but you should be embarrased for yourself

R7rhg5X.jpg

*** The Living End ***

Trying to keep you fail alive?
I'm trying to end this graceless thread with a touch of grace. Butt out. You've ****ed it up enough.

Last edited:
I'm trying to end this graceless thread with a touch of grace. Butt out. You've fucjed it up enough.

That will be hard as you lack grace
You messed it ut when you thought you could get away with your pathetic strawman

That will be hard as you lack grace
You messed it ut when you thought you could get away with your pathetic strawman
We're finished, man. I'm through discussing anything with you ever again. I just want to end the thread gracefully. Now get out of my face.

We're finished, man. I'm through discussing anything with you ever again. I just want to end the thread gracefully. Now get out of my face.

You were finished long ago Angel. Your refusal to engage honestly makes discussion with you impossible

You were finished long ago Angel. Your refusal to engage honestly makes discussion with you impossible
What is it about "We're done discussing anything" that you don't understand? Take a walk.

What is it about "We're done discussing anything" that you don't understand? Take a walk.

We were done a long time ago when you insisted on your strawman but keep posting so this thread doesnt die and others can see your dishonesty

Back
Top Bottom