• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proposal as to why North Americans have developed a larger head. [W:86]

Re: Proposal as to why North Americans have developed a larger head.

I just don't see any plausible mechanism for how increased gravity would lead to the evolution of a larger head.

There isn't one. It's like saying saying weightlifters produce more muscular children because they lift weights. He does not understand evolution or genetic inheritance.

What do you mean by adaptation? Are you saying that INDIVIDUALS evolve? I think you need to take a genetics or evolutionary biology class, because you are far off the mark.

I mean whatever is influencing the Flynn effect and it is not evolution, it may also be influencing your adaptation in that continent also. It is something you adapt to.

Now listen a$$hole! I dont give a F-UCK what you think what I should take or should not!! You are less than the last person on earth that could judge me!! Either stick to the issues or get the f-uck out of my thread!! Dig?!?!

Freaking rookie addressing me personally about what should I have and what should I not!!! Unbe****inglivable!!!

Last edited:

His suggestion does make sense. If babies with overly large heads have a higher survival rate due to more cesarean sections, then they will be more likely to pass the large head genes on to their descendants.

It is interesting approach to this issue. But it suggests that all deliveries are cesarean. Further there should be evidence that some with larger heads did not made it.

I mean whatever is influencing the Flynn effect and it is not evolution, it may also be influencing your adaptation in that continent also. It is something you adapt to.

Now listen a$$hole! I dont give a F-UCK what you think what I should take or should not!! You are less than the last person on earth that could judge me!! Either stick to the issues or get the f-uck out of my thread!! Dig?!?!

Freaking rookie addressing me personally about what should I have and what should I not!!! Unbe****inglivable!!!

You mad you got proved wrong?

My Kid was delivered via c-section in 87 precisely because his noggin' was BIG
lil sucka was born able to wear an adult hat size. The big head is to accommodate
his 170 plus IQ brain! I thought everyone already knew why we here in North America
are getting taller smarter and just all around better, that's the result of living
in a 1st world society. Course mebbe them above ground nuclear tests in Nevada
had something to do with it too heh heh j/k

You mad you got proved wrong?

You did not prove anything nor did I!! Wer were just exploring and you kept on making personal claims to me rather than the freaking issue!! I am mad cause you keep on addressing me personally instead of dealing with the issue!!

Stick to the conversation G'dmanit! Do not derrange the thread with unsoliciated personal suggestions as if you were some freaking professor of mine!!

You did not prove anything nor did I!! Wer were just exploring and you kept on making personal claims to me rather than the freaking issue!! I am mad cause you keep on addressing me personally instead of dealing with the issue!!

Stick to the conversation G'dmanit! Do not derrange the thread with unsoliciated personal suggestions as if you were some freaking professor of mine!!

unless you can come up with a plausible mechanism by which increased gravity would lead to an increase in head size....you are just talking out of your ass.

I believe skull size is genetic. Unless you can show me some scientific study which suggests that skull size is not genetic (and therefore could be influenced by environmental factors), there is no worthwhile discussion to be had here.

Perhaps North Americans from the USA get a big head just thinking about how their nation is exceptional and how it's a shining light on the hill and such.

As for Canadians, I'm not so sure. Must have to do with maple syrup or something.

White northern Americans are just better than everyone else
the sooner you acknowledge this fact the better you'll feel.

Moderator's Warning:
:skull2:

The name calling, baiting, and derailing of this thread shall stop. This is the only warning. Anything further and there will be thread bans and and more.

Okay guys just stick to the issue. Passing any kind of judgement to the poster instead of dealing with the issue is a fallacy in debate as well as a distraction tactic used by the weak so as to provoke emotions of the poster instead.

Combine that with too many Long Island Ice Tea's and one no longer tolerates the build emotions that comes from such provocations ;) .

Now, I have made a proposal. Until this proposal is experimented upon or otherwise alternative indications show how gravity may influence ones appearance for the duration of your stay there in 200 years or so, I have nothing else at the moment.

Further this is not my field and as such do not care to delve into more details. I just had a proposal and await the proposal (not me) to be criticized, while in the meanwhile I await to read your proposals also. Since no one knows there is a large enough gap for anyone to pick a guess and have at it.

Oscar, I do not have mechanisms, you will need to talk about an expert for that, that is all I have, take it or leave it. Ethan, you pass judgement directly to me rather than my proposal or the issue at hand one more time and you will be ignored rookie. This is how it is done out here.

Perhaps North Americans from the USA get a big head just thinking about how their nation is exceptional and how it's a shining light on the hill and such.

So then the thoughts of "exceptionalism" and "shining light on the hill" are a prequel to an enourmous amounts of related thoughts that is to follow. In order to make space for these upcoming thoughts the body adapts by making preemptive space in the head where the neurons and their special neurotransmiters and neuropulses could flow with greater ease.

This special area in the head is the size of a tennis ball. It should do for this next step of development.

Two questions here: a) What are the upcoming thoughts so much about that the head makes such a big fuss about and preemptively prepares by making extra space in the head? and b) Who decided that the tennis ball is enough of space to hold those upcoming thoughts? Why not a baseball size did not do?

As for Canadians, I'm not so sure. Must have to do with maple syrup or something.

Maple syup. Hmmm, right. Perhaps it is about arranging preemptive space in the head for taste neurons with them. I did not tried maple syrup, is it worth the adaptation?

So the plot thickens. It is about making space for the upcoming neural developments. Some reserve the space for thought related neurons, others for taste related neurons. What the final outcome will be remains to be seen.

BTW, I found your Department of Homeland Liberty:

DHL | Global | English

They are all over the place. They are here in Dardania even!

White northern Americans are just better than everyone else
the sooner you acknowledge this fact the better you'll feel.

But do I need to adapt to this acknowledgement by preemptively building space in my head also? That is the main issue if international relations are concerned.

Lastly, we are prepared to measure the amount of electricity it would flow between those neurons in that newly developed space area by using high resolution probe microscopy:

References:

Novak, P., Gorelik, J., Vivekananda, U., Shevchuk, A. I., Ermolyuk, Y. S., ... Korchev, Y. E. (2013). Nanoscale-targeted patch-clamp recordings of functional presynaptic ion channels. Neuron, 79 (6): 1067 DOI: 10.1016/j.neuron.2013.07.012; Retrieved from: Nanoscale neuronal activity measured for first time .

But do I need to adapt to this acknowledgement by preemptively building space in my head also? That is the main issue if international relations are concerned.

Once you show us data that Europeans have not increased cranial space, you might have an argument.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain space inside your head is not the issue.

Bigger heads as well as the space inside it is the issue. The source NGS even specified its size to be that of a tennis ball.

So now you and other peers propose: Why? How? Will it stop or grow?

Good point. You seem to ask to whom are Northern Americans being compared against since they appear to have developed bigger heads? Or has there been any comparisons between continents at all?

This detail is not mentioned in NGS.
Actually it is mentioned in the NG article.

"About ten years ago Jantz and colleagues were measuring skeletons and saw signs that the shrinking trend may be reversing. Since then, they've amassed data on 1,500 skulls spanning 160 years.

The specimens came from three collections to which only adult skeletons could be donated. And since mostly adult Caucasian Americans regularly donated to the collections, the researchers' conclusions so far are known to apply to that group alone."

So then the thoughts of "exceptionalism" and "shining light on the hill" are a prequel to an enourmous amounts of related thoughts that is to follow. In order to make space for these upcoming thoughts the body adapts by making preemptive space in the head where the neurons and their special neurotransmiters and neuropulses could flow with greater ease.

This special area in the head is the size of a tennis ball. It should do for this next step of development.

Two questions here: a) What are the upcoming thoughts so much about that the head makes such a big fuss about and preemptively prepares by making extra space in the head? and b) Who decided that the tennis ball is enough of space to hold those upcoming thoughts? Why not a baseball size did not do?

Maple syup. Hmmm, right. Perhaps it is about arranging preemptive space in the head for taste neurons with them. I did not tried maple syrup, is it worth the adaptation?

So the plot thickens. It is about making space for the upcoming neural developments. Some reserve the space for thought related neurons, others for taste related neurons. What the final outcome will be remains to be seen.

BTW, I found your Department of Homeland Liberty:

DHL | Global | English

They are all over the place. They are here in Dardania even!
It does have the right initials at least.

Actually it is mentioned in the NG article.

"About ten years ago Jantz and colleagues were measuring skeletons and saw signs that the shrinking trend may be reversing. Since then, they've amassed data on 1,500 skulls spanning 160 years.

The specimens came from three collections to which only adult skeletons could be donated. And since mostly adult Caucasian Americans regularly donated to the collections, the researchers' conclusions so far are known to apply to that group alone."

How does Caucasian applies to "all continent" samples of skulls so as to use as comparisons.

The study only included Americans of European Ancestry with obesity being one factor which is being examined. :(

America's obesity epidemic is the latest development that could affect skeletal shape but its precise effects are unclear.

‘This might affect skull shape by changing the hormonal environment, which in turn could affect timing of growth and maturation,’ said Richard Jantz. ‘We know it has an effect on the long bones by increasing muscle attachment areas, increasing arthritis at certain joints, especially the knee, and increasing the weight bearing capacity.’

The research only assessed Americans of European ancestry because they provided the largest sample sizes to work with.

Americans' heads are getting bigger - and skulls are becoming narrower and talller too | Mail Online

Lets hope the average American doesn't start looking like this :shock:

article-2152672-0DC5C01400000578-442_638x542.jpg

article-2152672-01A0A5750000044D-982_638x664.jpg

I thought Conan was first generation American?

Back
Top Bottom