• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Projections welcome - what lays ahead to 2024

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Let's take a breath for a moment and think about what four more years of Trump would either accomplish, or demolish.

Let's assume Trump wins another four years. Mitch McConnell installs a lifetime Supreme Court Justice. The Affordable Care Act is declared illegal by the Supreme Court and repealed without any replacement. Roe V. Wade is repealed and abortions are made a criminal offence, millions of women lose the right to make choices about her own body. Additional tax cuts for the super wealthy are put in place. In 2021 Medicaid is hollowed out, Medicare is repealed and by 2023 Social Security is bankrupt.

Let's start there, because these things are in the GOP long plan. Where are we as a country? Are we collectively better off as a nation or are only the super rich comfortable and reassured they will always be protected?

I welcome your input.

GOP will replay it's Obama playbook: obstruct everything no matter what while endlessly trying to cook up email server style hoaxes. Joe is white, so they can't "Hussein" him. But they've already started up with the Harris birtherism.

Completely irrelevant crap like wearing a tan suit or ordering mustard will become scandals again. Hell, they're currently having their moronic "57 states" moment since Biden flubbed a line and said "200 million" instead of "200 thousand."

This time, they'll admit they're doing it while telling us that we made them do it to us by rightfully impeaching a president who unlawfully withheld congressionally approved aid in order to strong arm a foreign country into announcing sham investigations into a political rival.

It'll be the Obama years, but a hundred times uglier. What, are they going to admit just how abominably they've behaved for the last four years? Hell no. Time to quadruple down.

GOP will replay it's Obama playbook: obstruct everything no matter what while endlessly trying to cook up email server style hoaxes. Joe is white, so they can't "Hussein" him. But they've already started up with the Harris birtherism.

Completely irrelevant crap like wearing a tan suit or ordering mustard will become scandals again. Hell, they're currently having their moronic "57 states" moment since Biden flubbed a line and said "200 million" instead of "200 thousand."

This time, they'll admit they're doing it while telling us that we made them do it to us by rightfully impeaching a president who unlawfully withheld congressionally approved aid in order to strong arm a foreign country into announcing sham investigations into a political rival.

It'll be the Obama years, but a hundred times uglier. What, are they going to admit just how abominably they've behaved for the last four years? Hell no. Time to quadruple down.
I want just one supporter to extrapolate beyond the repeal of Roe v Wade. I want just one Trump voter to tell me how repealing the ACA will affect--not only 20 million people -- but the entire country. I want someone to explain how our national debt will not continue to skyrocket with the rich paying less taxes. I want them to tell me how people who live on Social Security will survive when it's totally bankrupt by 2023. I want them to explain how hospitals will survive if nobody has health care after the ACA is repealed and they cannot refuse to treat those people.

These are the answers I'm looking for from them. They cannot see further than the end of their noses and understand what profound consequences there will be down the line when one by one all these thing become evaporated by the GOP.

Back
Top Bottom