• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Progressives' only

To be fair, the entire collection of interconnected systems they work within either doesn't think it's an issue or wants to pretend it isn't for as long as possible.

They aren't the only place blame falls here.

Of course not. But the USG is the biggest and strongest organization that is maintaining that system. Those two systems (militarism and industrialism/exploitation) are conjoined twins. Fossil fuels fuel the war machine. It's been a strategy for many decades. "Who controls the energy and who controls Eurasia is who controls the world."

Of course not. But the USG is the biggest and strongest organization that is maintaining that system. Those two systems (militarism and industrialism/exploitation) are conjoined twins. Fossil fuels fuel the war machine. It's been a strategy for many decades. "Who controls the energy and who controls Eurasia is who controls the world."
Do you like Elon Musk? He has a factory out here. Perhaps you've heard of it. This is the roof:

Tesla-Gigafactory-1-solar-array.jpeg

Musk manufactures car batteries here...using solar power. I think your fears are bordering on paranoia.

Do you like Elon Musk? He has a factory out here. Perhaps you've heard of it. This is the roof: Musk manufactures car batteries here...using solar power.

Musk's solar plant has nothing to do with USG militarism.

I think your fears are bordering on paranoia.

My fears? Paranoia? Are you not aware of the conservative (not in the political sense) warnings about climate change? How about mutually assured destruction?

If you don’t eat the same brand of vegan cheese as me you ain’t Progressive. The hardest part of holding die hard Progressive views is looking down on others who don’t believe exactly like you without looking like your looking down on people. That and having to stay inside on rainy days so we don’t drown.

Not only dithering & Anti-military but pro-active in incompetently getting them killed:
From the same PROGRESSIVE loser team that was checking it's watch while American blood was being spilled at BENGAHZZI , we give you now :

Biden's botched Afghan exit is a disaster at home and abroad​

View attachment 67386094 d
No it's not. Domestically the Afghanistan withdrawal was not nearly the firestorm that the haters made it out to be. Internationally, NATO lined up behind Biden in the effort to save Ukraine as if Afghanistan never happened. America wanted out of Afghanistan more than it wanted to yammer about how orderly it was or it was not. All that is left is the haters yammering.

1 is an insufficient description; 2 is untrue; 3 is untrue.

#1 is the definition of progressivism. It's the idea of a political philosophy in support of social reform.

That idea, as described in my post, can be followed by conservatives and liberals alike. There are, certainly, conservative Dems who are progressive. Why do you believe a con can't be a prog? I know of cons who consider themselves prog, but not lib.

Do you disagree that liberal was turned into an ugly name? A pejorative? Why do so many libs now call themselves or refer to liberal as progressive?

How deep and wide are your supposedly progressive principles?

The more apparent progressives here seem more like slightly more principled Democrats than progressives. If your 'sphere of political influence' is limited by notions such as 'pragmatic politics' and 'realistic,' then you're probably not very progressive. Yeah, I know those last two terms leave me open to some conservative claptrap contributors; I don't GaS; I can deal with their buulll:poop:. That's probably half of the supposedly progressive problem: They're too worried about conservatives. If your progressive principles and rhetoric can't handle conservatives ...

'Sphere of political influence' means something like this. If you're a big Bernie fan and mostly care about domestic stuff, then that's your SoPI. If you actually truly care about foreign policy at a deeply progressive level, then your SoPI is worldwide (relative to humans). If you actually truly care about Earth's ecosystems (including every living and non-living entity) at a deeply progressive level, then your SoPI is universal.

I'll rephrase. In the current era, deeply progressive most means that you're solidly anti-militarism and solidly pro-environmentalism.

Is militarism defined the way you have defined it in the past?

And I fully support environmentalism. Vertical farming, elimination of manicured lawns, extensive use of nuclear power, movement towards mass transit focused on electric vehicles, I support all of them.

I'm waiting for the day when a conservative can start a thread that is not totally and utterly idiotic. Also would be nice to stop bastardizing words to suit your political agenda and/or strawmen.
I remember when Reagan and his cronies spent a decade turning "liberal" into a dirty word implying the furthest left one could get. Now it seems "progressive" is supposed to mean left of the communists? If you folks are hell bent on using stupid definitions, can you at least try to be consistent in the stupidity?

Musk's solar plant has nothing to do with USG militarism.

My fears? Paranoia? Are you not aware of the conservative (not in the political sense) warnings about climate change? How about mutually assured destruction?
You're contradicting yourself.

Solar plant? You need to read better. BATTERIES.

How deep and wide are your supposedly progressive principles?

The more apparent progressives here seem more like slightly more principled Democrats than progressives. If your 'sphere of political influence' is limited by notions such as 'pragmatic politics' and 'realistic,' then you're probably not very progressive. Yeah, I know those last two terms leave me open to some conservative claptrap contributors; I don't GaS; I can deal with their buulll:poop:. That's probably half of the supposedly progressive problem: They're too worried about conservatives. If your progressive principles and rhetoric can't handle conservatives ...

'Sphere of political influence' means something like this. If you're a big Bernie fan and mostly care about domestic stuff, then that's your SoPI. If you actually truly care about foreign policy at a deeply progressive level, then your SoPI is worldwide (relative to humans). If you actually truly care about Earth's ecosystems (including every living and non-living entity) at a deeply progressive level, then your SoPI is universal.

I'll rephrase. In the current era, deeply progressive most means that you're solidly anti-militarism and solidly pro-environmentalism.
Yes and No. The label means different things to different people. If you look at pew research, there is certainly a generational difference here. The Millennial and Gen Z perspective on that term seems to be close to what you are espousing. Over time thought, your perspective on that term will win out as those two generations have a huge number of people.

No it's not. Domestically the Afghanistan withdrawal was not nearly the firestorm that the haters made it out to be. Internationally, NATO lined up behind Biden in the effort to save Ukraine as if Afghanistan never happened. America wanted out of Afghanistan more than it wanted to yammer about how orderly it was or it was not. All that is left is the haters yammering.
Getting out dignified, and getting out being humiliated while getting killed are two different animals .
The vast majority of American people are not the idiots you and the communists take them to be .
Borne out by the absolute shellacking everyone projects the communists will take in the mid-term elections
And the polls regarding Biden's blundering, deadly for our troops, cowardly withdrawl show that .
Your attempts to play the American people for fools notwithstanding.
biden watch checking.jpg

Getting out dignified, and getting out being humiliated while getting killed are two different animals .
The vast majority of American people are not the idiots you and the communists take them to be .
Borne out by the absolute shellacking everyone projects the communists will take in the mid-term elections
And the polls regarding Biden's blundering, deadly for our troops, cowardly withdrawl show that .
Your attempts to play the American people for fools notwithstanding.
View attachment 67386209
Tell the voters that. They care that we are out and you would have to be able to identify with specificity how many troopers would have been killed with "dignity" before you can bury Biden for the casualties that did occur as we got out. Remember, Trump called the tune. Biden had to dance to it or continue the Trumpian SOP of ignoring agreements that a pervious President signed. The Taliban was not willing to grant a further extension.

How we got out of Afghanistan is not and will not drive the midterms. What is driving the current polling and might still matter by midterms is:
- the economy
- the supply chain
- the rate of inflation
- immigration
- additional COVID related issues
- lack of initiative regarding student loans

You know, that stuff that other than immigration and student loans, Biden can't do much about at this point. The Fed will have more to say about the big three at the top of that list. But it won't prevent the oblivious voting public from blaming Biden and by extension the DEM's if there is no progress on the big three at the top of that list.

Back
Top Bottom