• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Profitability, Not Partisanship, Shapes Our News

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From Ted Koppel, and I agree with it.

We hear everyday from people complaining about the right wing or left wing media, but such is not really the case. The mediawhores' motives are not rooted in politics, but in profits, which ultimately affect what we see and hear on TV (That is, if we watch network news - I no longer do). As a result, both Liberals and Conservatives ultimately have a legitimate beef with network news.

But whose fault is it that people are no longer obtaining accurate reporting any more? I would say it is the fault of the people who are watching it. I see threads in this forum talking about "The left wing lie of the hour" and "The right wing lie of the day", but let me ask a serious question to those who are fed up. What have you yourself done to take an active role in opposing network news, other than complain? The first step (and the best step) you can take is to just turn it off.

Despite the role that networks are taking to dumb down viewers on both the right and the left, in the end, their fluff which passes for news is irrelevant to the intelligent viewer, and most of you here are intelligent. Americans can make the mediawhores irrelevant by just ignoring them. There is plenty of news elsewhere, and by that, I mean real news. In short, you dont need the mediawhores, but they need you badly. They are only taking a position of making Americans accept the pablum puke they disseminate because they believe that the average citizen does not have the will to demand change. So my question to you, if you are one of the complainers, is the following:

What are you going to do about it?

Based on this article.

danarhea said:

We hear everyday from people complaining about the right wing or left wing media, but such is not really the case. The mediawhores' motives are not rooted in politics, but in profits, which ultimately affect what we see and hear on TV (That is, if we watch network news - I no longer do). As a result, both Liberals and Conservatives ultimately have a legitimate beef with network news.

But whose fault is it that people are no longer obtaining accurate reporting any more? I would say it is the fault of the people who are watching it. I see threads in this forum talking about "The left wing lie of the hour" and "The right wing lie of the day", but let me ask a serious question to those who are fed up. What have you yourself done to take an active role in opposing network news, other than complain? The first step (and the best step) you can take is to just turn it off.

Despite the role that networks are taking to dumb down viewers on both the right and the left, in the end, their fluff which passes for news is irrelevant to the intelligent viewer, and most of you here are intelligent. Americans can make the mediawhores irrelevant by just ignoring them. There is plenty of news elsewhere, and by that, I mean real news. In short, you dont need the mediawhores, but they need you badly. They are only taking a position of making Americans accept the pablum puke they disseminate because they believe that the average citizen does not have the will to demand change. So my question to you, if you are one of the complainers, is the following:

Based on this article.

I will hold you to this!:2wave:

danarhea said:

Based on this article.

Copied from "Left Wing Lie..":

You know what, you're right. The "real" bias doesn't come from all these Democrats who control everything we see. Even though we won't trust any other conflict of interest of this magnitude in our courts, schools, or workplace, the fact that one side of the aisle controls all the dissemination of "legitimate" news has no bearing on the accuracy of reporting. They are all objective :lol: (despite the ocean of examples to the contrary).

Give me a break!

This is a list of all the Democrat operatives who run our news, which network they work for and which Democrats they worked for:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NBC Tim Russert-Governor Mario Cuomo (D), Senator Pat Moynihan (D).

CNN Jeff Greenfield-Senator Bobby Kennedy (D), Mayor John Lindsay (D).

MSNBC Chris Matthews-President Jimmy Carter (D), House Speaker Tip O'Neil (D).

NBC Ken Bode-Presidential candidate Morris Udall (D).

PBS Bill Moyers-President L.B. Johnson (D).

NBC Brian Williams-President Jimmy Carter (D).

ABC Rick Underforth-President Carter (D), President Clinton (D), and a handful of Senators, all (D).

PBS Elizabeth Brackett-Mayoral candidate Bill Singer (D), Brackett was also HERSELF a candidate (D).

NBC Jane Pauley worked on the state Democratic Committee of Indiana (D).

ABC Pierre Salinger-President Kennedy (D), he also WAS a senator from California (D).

CBS Lesley Stahl-Mayor John Lindsay (D)

New Yorker Ken Auletta-Mayor John Lindsay (D)

New York Times David Shipley-President Bill Clinton (D).

New York Times Leslie Gelb-Presidents Johnson (D) and Clinton (D).

New York Times Magazine, Atlantic Monthly, New Yorker, American Prospect James Fallows-President Jimmy Carter (D).

CNN, Los Angeles Times Tom Johnson-President Johnson (D).

Washington Post, CBS, NBC, Walter Pincus-Senator J.W. Fulbright (D), Pincus’s wife was also a Clinton appointee.

New York Times Jack Rosenthal-Presidents Kennedy (D) and Johnson (D).

USA Today John Seigenthaler-President Kennedy (D).

New Yorker Sidney Blumenthal-President Clinton (D).

U.S. News and World Report Donald Baer-President Clinton (D).

Nightline, New York Times Carolyn Curiel-President Clinton (D).

NBC Thomas Ross-President Clinton (D).

Nightline Tara Sonenshine-President Clinton (D).

TIME Strobe Talbott-President Clinton (D).

And one of my personal favorites, Dee Dee Myers, worked for Bill Clinton (D) and then got hired by Roger Ailes (the evil genius credited with Fox’s “conservative bias”-what a laugh!)

THEN, there are the media figures who are sons, daughters and spouses of prominent Democrats:

ABC-Chris Cuomo

E!-Eleanor Mondale

ABC-Cokie Roberts

Newsweek-Evan Thomas, who is the grandson of one of America’s most notorious Communists. Comrade Evan has been caught manipulating the news to protect Senator Bob Kerrey (D), and President Clinton (D)-he buried the Monica Lewinsky story for weeks until Matt Drudge finally forced it into the spotlight.

All of this, and he is still the editor of Newsweek.

And Maria Shriver, of NBC, is the niece of ultra-liberal, Teddy Kennedy, but, in all fairness, THIS one is also married to a pseudo-Republican, Governor Swarzenneger.

So please, tell me how you account for all that? The media DOES have a PROMINENT liberal bias and it is well-documented and readily visible to all those who approach the subject objectively.

danarhea said:

Based on this article.

From the page your cited:

The agenda of television news organizations is based on profits, as opposed to politics, and the networks are targeting the wrong demographic groups, according to an op-ed written by former ABC Nightline anchor Ted Koppel for Sunday's New York Times, RAW STORY has learned.

It's nice to see the media cover its own butt. Money (ratings) is only one of the many attributes that sway the media. To name some more: Third party funding and advertising called "articles and stories" ONLY certain advertising allowed after the news, certain Senators not only a guest but also a lobbies the news channel, then their is the typical megalomaniac corporation that wants to tell everyone what to believe and what not to believe. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom