• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Profil" survey: Majority of Austrians for legalization of cannabis - 49% are in favor of controlled sales in shops, 40% are against.

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Vienna (OTS) - A survey conducted by the opinion research institute Unique Research for the current issue of "Profil" shows a relative majority of Austrians are in favor of the legalization of cannabis.

When asked whether the law should allow recreational cannabis to be sold to adults in licensed outlets, 26% answered “yes, absolutely” and 23% “rather yes”.

On the other hand, 23% “definitely do not want” legalisation, 17% are “rather” against it, and the rest of those surveyed made no statement.

There is a very high level of approval for the sale of cannabis flowers for medical reasons: 78% are in favor (51% answer "yes, absolutely", 27% "rather yes"), 15% are against (8% say "definitely not". ", 7% "rather no").

MarihuanaAroma100ml-4_600x600.jpg

Questions & contact:

Profile Editors Ltd
online@profil.at

(n = 500, maximum range of variation +/- 4.4%).

That's an incredible development here in my country.

I remember 15-20 years ago when I was a teenager, when only 20% of Austrians supported legal recreational pot. And now it's 49% and a majority. And this despite Austria having not become more leftwing in the past 20 years, in fact it has become more conservative and traditionalist again in the countryside for example, with the marriage rate up and divorce rate down and people in rural areas voting more for the Conservatives again. I think it has to do with the debate that medical pot has been seen more and more as a product to help people with pain. And therefore recreational pot support is also up.

Back
Top Bottom