• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro Gun Control does not equal Anti Gun

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
You guys understand that supporting gun control policies does not mean people are against all guns, right?

The rhetoric nowadays borders on stupid.

You guys understand that supporting gun control policies does not mean people are against all guns, right?

What it means on here is that:

You hate America
You are a communist
You hate the constitution
And you want to ban every gun ever made

Inb4 "every country who has tried gun control eventually moves to complete bans."

Sure it does. So what? The OP didn't say anything about that.

There are nuts on both extremes. And I have heard the argument to eliminate all gun laws on here more than once

There are nuts on both extremes. And I have heard the argument to eliminate all gun laws on here more than once

Again . . . so what? Got nothing to do with the topic.

OP: "Being in favor of gun control doesn't mean you're against all guns."

Me: "Uh, sometimes it does." (Proof)

You: WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT?????

Again . . . so what? Got nothing to do with the topic.

OP: "Being in favor of gun control doesn't mean you're against all guns."

Me: "Uh, sometimes it does." (Proof)

You: WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT?????

Being in favor of guns does not mean you want to eliminate all gun laws.

Oh wait..... sometimes it does

Being in favor of guns does not mean you want to eliminate all gun laws.

Oh wait..... sometimes it does

Did anyone claim otherwise? No.

You're still whatabouting.

Yes, however the question is just exactly what kind of gun control there should be.

I am not a scholar, but I THINK the words say "A well REGULATED militia".

That would appear to say they INTENDED that there be gun control: regulations.

I understand that there are those fearful people who believe that there is a movement to disarm them in order to gain political control over them.
The irony is, if these people would simply be more tolerant of those different from them in the first place, there would be no movement to disarm them.

When you have BOTH lots of guns AND express lots of intolerence, YOU give huge power to those who wish to take your guns away.
Ironic, but simple fact.

Stop hating and you can keep your guns. It really is just that simple.

One irony is, whites dragged blacks here from Africa in the first place, now hate them and want to kill them?
Maybe does not make a lot of sense?

It also might help if you didn't elect a CRIMINAL such as Oliver North to represent you in the NRA.
Does not help your credibiltiy. If you are represented by a liar, perjurer, who is going to believe that you are law abiding citizens?

Just saying.

Oh, and as for "self defense"? That concept is rather shaky.
Wouldn't you say that it tends to be the person who shoots FIRST wins?

Shoots first and kills you.
That is the criminal.
Too late to pull out your "self defense gun" when he long ago came up and shot you.

So......you really want NO gun restrictions?
The one who shoots first should be able to get a gun with none of the REGULATION the constitution calls for?

Really?

And how do you account for the Statistical Fact that a person having a "self defense" weapon
is FAR more likely to be shot by Their Own Weapon than to shoot an intruder?

Just does not make sense. Maybe because your attitude is NOT based upon logic, but upon FEAR AND HATE AND INTOLERANCE.

Maybe if you got to know people you would not have to fear them shooting you?

Maybe if there were genuine economic justice, no one would have a motivation to commit crime?

Maybe if the fraudulent War On Drugs stopped, there would be zero profit motive in drugs any more, no more criminal control of drugs, therefore no more drug related violence?

Maybe if there were genuine social justice, no one would have a motivation to commit hate crime?

Maybe if you did not send the CIA and Coroprations and Christians and Soldiers to Invade their country and kill their people
they would not be so inclined to hate you and Blow Up Buildings and the Pentagon?

Study something besides your own rhetoric for a change.

Study the long horrific history of crimes committed by Ameria, especially the CIA.

False.

Fake news
I’m not sure if you’re claiming that no politicians want to ban guns, which would be a silly thing to say;
Or that no politician would officially adopt a softer position than his/her real goal in order to gain votes, which would be a naive thing to say;
Or if you’re being sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom