• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump making a lot of progress in North Korea and China!

So, you think the photo-op is all it was about for NK? Kim isn't that dumb. If he thinks he can wrangle economic aid out of us, he'll try. Of course, Trump will not reward them unless they do what we ask.

He does not need it and does not want it. This discussions are not even discussions and it is getting boring. Do you think we just give economic aid out like candy? If we were to provide aid it would come with Americans crawling all over NK. Do you actually think KJU wants anything to do with that when he has his benefactor sitting right on his northern border?

We should rename this site to Juvenile DebatePolitics. That is just about the speed of most of these discussions these days.

So what? Nobody said we won't or shouldn't pursue that issue as well.

You can't pursue it successfully bilaterally which takes us right back to where we were a few posts ago. You are welcome to your circular argument.

You can't pursue it successfully bilaterally which takes us right back to where we were a few posts ago. You are welcome to your circular argument.

You make these claims with nothing to back them up. That might be your opinion. It doesn't make it a fact.

You make these claims with nothing to back them up. That might be your opinion. It doesn't make it a fact.

Experience is my teacher. I can't pump 30 years of international trade experience even into a portion of this crowd. It is my opinion but it is a studied opinion based on experience.

And

If you bother to look, you will find that expert opinions are in line with mine.

He does not need it and does not want it. This discussions are not even discussions and it is getting boring. Do you think we just give economic aid out like candy? If we were to provide aid it would come with Americans crawling all over NK. Do you actually think KJU wants anything to do with that when he has his benefactor sitting right on his northern border?

We should rename this site to Juvenile DebatePolitics. That is just about the speed of most of these discussions these days.

Heaven forbid you'd be bored because somebody wasn't following your prescribed foreign policy agenda. Again, if NK does nothing, they get nothing and we're no worse off than we were before. You can also bet that China isn't real interested in having the US militarily slapping NK around. That is why Kim is minding his manners.

Heaven forbid you'd be bored because somebody wasn't following your prescribed foreign policy agenda. Again, if NK does nothing, they get nothing and we're no worse off than we were before. You can also bet that China isn't real interested in having the US militarily slapping NK around. That is why Kim is minding his manners.

We are worse off but I no longer expect you to understand why.

Experience is my teacher. I can't pump 30 years of international trade experience even into a portion of this crowd. It is my opinion but it is a studied opinion based on experience.

Great, then when you figure out how to force Europe to work with us and simultaneously confront China, I'm sure you'll let us know. The truth is that Europe has nothing they can threaten China with. They had a 176 billion euro trade deficit with China in 2017. We have the world's strongest military and the world's reserve currency and are China's biggest trade partner.

We are worse off but I no longer expect you to understand why.

Right, of course we are.:roll: You are so pathetically partisan that you can't admit to anything that puts Trump in even a moderately good light. If Obama had gone there, you'd be chirping like some bird about his great vision and quest for world peace. Maybe if he'd gone, he'd actually have deserved his Peace Prize instead of getting it for not much more than existing.

You didn't see or read the letter Xi Jingping wrote to Donald Trump?

He said "I felt I have known you for years. I wish you and Melania a great Lunear New Year."

Almost like a love letter begging Trump to sign a deal.

yes which is what Trump truly loves, flattery. They have his number alright.

Their economy is TANKING. They'll cave.

Meanwhile not a SINGLE MISSILE LAUNCH, released hostages, US soldiers' remains sent home, etc., on the NOKO front, w/o the US giving up ANYTHING, other than to talk to them. Sanctions remain in place.

Very good progress.

"Tanking" is a bit of a stretch. The trade issues with the US aren't helping matters, but they're far from being dire. The North Koreans have done their testing prior to Mount Mantapsan collapsing, and while they haven't fired any missiles there's no indication they're going to agree to denuclearization. All of this will be proven wrong if a treaty outlining this process is signed and ratified; until then it's all just vaporware. You seem to forget that North Korea has been eager to meet with US presidents in the past, however no action had been taken since the idea was North Korea would have to agree to conditions prior to those meetings. Right now there's nothing in terms of concrete progress other than agreeing to agree.

Great, then when you figure out how to force Europe to work with us and simultaneously confront China, I'm sure you'll let us know. The truth is that Europe has nothing they can threaten China with. They had a 176 billion euro trade deficit with China in 2017. We have the world's strongest military and the world's reserve currency and are China's biggest trade partner.

Trump has the answer now doesn't he. Insult them...threaten them....Insert himself into their internal politics, side with an adversary that is close enough geographically to be more an enemy than an adversary. That is the way to get them to work with you now isn't it.....and its not just Europe that we would need to deal with Chins IP theft, though it would take more than one multinational agreement to do it. Oddly enough, we had both frameworks from which to do it before DonDon came along.

He's stopped calling them both China-people? Is that the progress?
Or is he up for another Nobel Peace Prize?

I'm still waiting for:

Kushner to broker peace in the Middle East
Mexico to pay for the wall
North Korea to disarm its nuclear weapons
Iran to negotiate a better deal

Trump has the answer now doesn't he. Insult them...threaten them....Insert himself into their internal politics, side with an adversary that is close enough geographically to be more an enemy than an adversary. That is the way to get them to work with you now isn't it.....and its not just Europe that we would need to deal with Chins IP theft, though it would take more than one multinational agreement to do it. Oddly enough, we had both frameworks from which to do it before DonDon came along.

You did notice China coming to the WH today, right? I'd say we are making progress on the economic front.

You did notice China coming to the WH today, right? I'd say we are making progress on the economic front.

Oh boy ...they visited the WH. You do know you and I can tour the WH if we would like.

Back
Top Bottom