• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'President Biden tested positive on Thursday for the coronavirus'

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I keep wondering if it's wise to physically travel to foreign countries during a pandemic while the virus keeps mutating. For the safety of our president (and other government officials), it's my opinion that he remains in the US until this killer virus is reported slowing down - a lot!

Kevin O’Connor, the president’s physician, said in a letter released by the White House Thursday morning that Mr. Biden was experiencing fatigue, a runny nose and an occasional dry cough.

“I anticipate that he will respond favorably, as most maximally protected patients do,” Dr. O’Connor wrote in the letter.

The president is receiving Paxlovid, an antiviral drug used to minimize the severity of Covid-19, Ms. Jean-Pierre said. He will isolate at the White House but “continue to carry out all of his duties fully during that time,” she said.

Say it ain't so Joe?
After all the promises from Joe that if you got the shots, all of them, and the booster and you wore your mask, and you fist bump people, YOU WILL NOT GET COVID! Well, those exaggeration came back to bite old Joe in the butt. Maybe he'll call Fauci and ask what happened. He said, he said.

Say it ain't so Joe?
After all the promises from Joe that if you got the shots, all of them, and the booster and you wore your mask, and you fist bump people, YOU WILL NOT GET COVID! Well, those exaggeration came back to bite old Joe in the butt. Maybe he'll call Fauci and ask what happened. He said, he said.
Now Joe has a great reason to avoid having to answer really tough questions from the press.
It's a good thing he has Jean-Pierre to eloquently answer every question that the press can throw at her.

Say it ain't so Joe?
Don't worry about reality, stick to your unfounded 'knowledge'.

All Americans, of course, wish him a fast and complete recovery.

I am so old (85) that I remember when President Eisenhower had a health problem and turned his duties over to Vice President Richard Nixon.

Whenever someone is sick, most human beings have the decency to suspend any animosity. When President Trump contracted COVID, for example, even the Speaker of the House wished him well.

Illness and death remind us of how vulnerable we human beings are.

Say it ain't so Joe?
Don't bother with reality at, that's the ticket.

Say it ain't so Joe?

I blame Trump, his vaccines suck and after all the praise he got for them

It's no surprise to me that this killer virus is still mutating keeping somewhat ahead of all shots so far. Shots are still playing a major role keeping this thing from consuming just about everyone, but there will be a certain small percentage of folks who will still contract a variant probably for more years than I wish to predict. If not mistaken I believe Fauci and other experts have stated that these shots wouldn't keep 100% of those who got them protected. Yes, wearing masks in crowds should remain a policy!! imo

Say it ain't so Joe?
more dishonesty ^
suppose you also believe that if you receive the flu shot you could never get the flu

but those wise folks among us, who did receive their vaccinations, will have a lower incidence of contracting the virus, and if contracted, a higher survival rate than those fools who refused the shot

and the good citizens of America, as well as the MAGA hat wearers, should come together in the hope that joe has a manageable illness
there are likely none of us who would want to see comma-la doing her thing in the oval office

It's no surprise to me that this killer virus is still mutating keeping somewhat ahead of all shots so far. Shots are still playing a major role keeping this thing from consuming just about everyone, but there will be a certain small percentage of folks who will still contract a variant probably for more years than I wish to predict. If not mistaken I believe Fauci and other experts have stated that these shots wouldn't keep 100% of those who got them protected. Yes, wearing masks in crowds should remain a policy!! imo

Small %?????

Do you know anyone who has not had it?

As to the vaccine, it all but ended the pandemic until Delta. Luckily it gave good protection for serious illness vs Delta. Then omnicron came and luckily it was not as deadly but the vaccine did not do much.

Now we have omnicron 5 which is deadly, ignores the vaccine and is the most transmisable. In fact, the most tramsmisable virus man has ever discovered.

Meantime Americans are "over it".

Politicians scared to do their jobs and protect people.
BTW, folks over 70 are having very poor outcomes.

200,000 died this year.

Small?

Say it ain't so Joe?
After all the promises from Joe that if you got the shots, all of them, and the booster and you wore your mask, and you fist bump people, YOU WILL NOT GET ...

And this was true for the original strain.

Not an exaggeration at all.
Before Delta, this pandemic was in the rear view.

What also hurt was deplrables continuing the spread and not masking or taking the vaccine.

They killed several hundred thousand extra people for no freaking reason and I have not seen so much as one charged with murder.

DOJ needs to do their job.

I keep wondering if it's wise to physically travel to foreign countries during a pandemic while the virus keeps mutating. For the safety of our president (and other government officials), it's my opinion that he remains in the US until this killer virus is reported slowing down - a lot!

Kevin O’Connor, the president’s physician, said in a letter released by the White House Thursday morning that Mr. Biden was experiencing fatigue, a runny nose and an occasional dry cough.

“I anticipate that he will respond favorably, as most maximally protected patients do,” Dr. O’Connor wrote in the letter.

The president is receiving Paxlovid, an antiviral drug used to minimize the severity of Covid-19, Ms. Jean-Pierre said. He will isolate at the White House but “continue to carry out all of his duties fully during that time,” she said.

Oh geeeees ................ I think Jill has her hands full knowing that he's upstairs in the residence shuffling room to room peeing in all the corners.

The good thing is, unlike a lot of people his age, Biden will have the best medical care taxpayer money can buy.

And in July 2021 Joe said if you're vaccinated you're not going to get Covid.

Say it ain't so Joe?
No one ever promised that.

Oh geeeees ................ I think Jill has her hands full knowing that he's upstairs in the residence shuffling room to room peeing in all the corners.
She's in Mich and so far as of today, has tested negative. She's been in close contact with him in their travels, so it appears that her shots has kept her safe.

And if people had just a minimum intelligence, then they would know this is not true and never has been. From the start, the vaccine (at least here in the real world), been promoted as being protection against infection and severe disease, but at no point was it ever promoted as "preventing" infection.

The first press releases by the pharma companies making the vaccine, always pointed out it was 96% or whatever the % was effective in preventing infection. That is not 100%. And this was only for the original version of the virus. Later on the % of preventing infection was readjusted many times for each version of covid, but what has never changed was the ability of the virus to reduce severe disease dramatically with all versions of the virus.

The problem here is.. Trump and the anti-Vax community has spread lies and miss-information that the media and government have not countered effectively enough and this thread is a clear example.

And if people had just a minimum intelligence, then they would know this is not true and never has been. From the start, the vaccine (at least here in the real world), been promoted as being protection against infection and severe disease, but at no point was it ever promoted as "preventing" infection.

The first press releases by the pharma companies making the vaccine, always pointed out it was 96% or whatever the % was effective in preventing infection. That is not 100%. And this was only for the original version of the virus. Later on the % of preventing infection was readjusted many times for each version of covid, but what has never changed was the ability of the virus to reduce severe disease dramatically with all versions of the virus.

The problem here is.. Trump and the anti-Vax community has spread lies and miss-information that the media and government have not countered effectively enough and this thread is a clear example.

The fear mongers in government have done their own damage as well with their totalitarian tactics.

Can't sit on a beach reading a book, but if I had a fishing rod in my hand it was fine.

Morons.

The fear mongers in government have done their own damage as well with their totalitarian tactics.

Can't sit on a beach reading a book, but if I had a fishing rod in my hand it was fine.

Morons.
1 million dead... having Trump as president, a denier and moron.. those dead are his fault. If he had done his job in telling people to get vaccinated and not listen to anti-vaxing terrorists.. then there would not be 1 million dead in the US alone.

1 million dead... having Trump as president, a denier and moron.. those dead are his fault. If he had done his job in telling people to get vaccinated and not listen to anti-vaxing terrorists.. then there would not be 1 million dead in the US alone.

Lol.....this is insanity.....get over the hatred, cease spreading misinformation, lies, and get over accusing others of the very things you do.....jeesh!!!

Lol.....this is insanity.....get over the hatred, cease spreading misinformation, lies, and get over accusing others of the very things you do.....jeesh!!!
I don't have an America Trump talk to normal English dictionary ... So care to decrypt what you said to the rest of the world?

Yes. But sometimes people listen to a President, even when they're lying. That's why Biden should be more truthful, especially about things as important and deadly as Covid.

Back
Top Bottom