• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Predictions

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
538's final forecasts for House.

My predictions.

Dems take around 30 and win the House.
Repubs take 2 more senate seats.

Whether its a trickle or a tsunami the republican noise machine will pretend to mock the "blue wave".​

Yours?

My prediction.

Testor will keep his seat despite Trump coming here 4 times rallying for his opponent. I'm going to be even more bold and predict Kathleen Williams will defeat Gainforte, leaving MT a "red" state with a sitting democrat governor, democrat senator and a democrat representative.

Dems pickup 45 house seats and 1 senate seat.

My prediction.

Testor will keep his seat despite Trump coming here 4 times rallying for his opponent. I'm going to be even more bold and predict Kathleen Williams will defeat Gainforte, leaving MT a "red" state with a sitting democrat governor, democrat senator and a democrat representative.

lol.... That would be funny. But then Gianforte would body-slam his campaign chief.

Dems pickup 45 house seats and 1 senate seat.

I've asked a certain poster in here what he'd believe a blue wave would consist of numbers-wise. I've not gotten a response.

Further backing my prediction that no matter what happens, the "blue wave" will be ridiculed as a trickle.

538's final forecasts for House.

My predictions.

Dems take around 30 and win the House.
Repubs take 2 more senate seats.

Whether its a trickle or a tsunami the republican noise machine will pretend to mock the "blue wave".​

Yours?

Senate could be 1 or 2. But not Florida. House - IMHO 228 plus and could hit 240. I bet some Rs that hold their CDs in Trump county, a fair number will win by the hair on their teeth. Significant drop in numbers they won by previously.
Now you can guess where they got that hair on their teeth from? Good you got it right

Why would anyone want to vote against the great progress in the economy? The dems already say they want to undo tax cuts, raise taxes and restore many of the trade, business and manufacturing regulations. Those always slow the economy.

Why would anyone want to vote against the great progress in the economy? The dems already say they want to undo tax cuts, raise taxes and restore many of the trade, business and manufacturing regulations. Those always slow the economy.

Thread topic...

"Predictions"

House-

Rs: MN-08, PA-14

Ds: PA-01, PA-05, PA-06, PA-07, PA-17, NJ-02, NJ-03, NJ-07, NJ-11, NY-19, NY-22, ME-02, VA-10, NC-09, FL-15, FL-26, FL-27, GA-06, TX-07, TX-32, MI-08, MI-11, IL-06, IL-14, IA-01, IA-03, MN-02, MN-03, KS-03, CO-06, AZ-02, NM-02, UT-04, WA-08, CA-10, CA-25, CA-39, CA-45, CA-48, CA-49

D+38

A democratic congress can not do ANY of the restorations you spoke of. That is a non-sensical talking point. All it can do is keep Trump in check and complete the investigations that it started.

House-

Ds: PA-01, PA-05, PA-06, PA-07, PA-17, NJ-02, NJ-03, NJ-07, NJ-11, NY-19, NY-22, ME-02, VA-10, NC-09, FL-15, FL-26, FL-27, GA-06, TX-07, TX-32, MI-08, MI-11, IL-06, IL-14, IA-01, IA-03, MN-02, MN-03, KS-03, CO-06, AZ-02, NM-02, UT-04, WA-08, CA-10, CA-25, CA-39, CA-45, CA-48, CA-49

D+38

Damn that list took some work to put together
Will be interesting to see the CDs that Rs hold by much smaller margins than the 16 election. Could wake some of them up.
Pundits will have a heyday from parsing these results

lol.... That would be funny. But then Gianforte would body-slam his campaign chief.

It would be fitting. Since we've had only one unified district it has alway been held by a republican. When we had 2 representatives (like 25 years ago) the western half always was D and the eastern half was always R. Unsurprisingly the people I have personally talked to (all republicans) are under the delusion the reporter was where he wasn't supposed to be and deserved it. His real negatives are that he is a wealthy, and I mean wealthy, out of stater who has had some land access run ins that don't sit well with sportsmen. On the other hand he did create some good jobs here so that's in his favor, though IMO it's a bitter pill because it was a contributing factor to Bozeman turning into a mini Seattle (very expensive to live there).

Predictions:

1. House: D +40
2. Senate: D +2 [ Dem Pick Ups: (Nev, Ariz, Tenn), Dem Losses: ND, Dem Holds: (Indiana, WV, Fla, Mt)]
3. Lots of bat-crap crazy conspiracy theories about "voter fraud" and "rigged elections" from GOP'ers with hurt feelings because they've spent the last few years reading, watching and listening to nothing but fake news (and Trump).

It would be fitting. Since we've had only one unified district it has alway been held by a republican. When we had 2 representatives (like 25 years ago) the western half always was D and the eastern half was always R. Unsurprisingly the people I have personally talked to (all republicans) are under the delusion the reporter was where he wasn't supposed to be and deserved it. His real negatives are that he is a wealthy, and I mean wealthy, out of stater who has had some land access run ins that don't sit well with sportsmen. On the other hand he did create some good jobs here so that's in his favor, though IMO it's a bitter pill because it was a contributing factor to Bozeman turning into a mini Seattle (very expensive to live there).

Interesting politics. I like to read the in-the-knows like that instead of the commercials that are tying all republicans to trump and all democrats to pelosi. The saying used to be all politics is local. Now all local politics are national.

House-

D+38

Respect for the detailed response Anagram.

Either because they don't believe the economic progress is real, or that it's a bubble which will end up making things worse.

Or some such.

OR they think the things which are being harmed are worth saving even if it means the economy going back a bit.

Either because they don't believe the economic progress is real, or that it's a bubble which will end up making things worse.

Or some such.

OR they think the things which are being harmed are worth saving even if it means the economy going back a bit.

Trumps hate rhetoric and a bill that they will need to pay from massive deficits.

Back
Top Bottom