• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Politico Calls For Less Biden Adulation

Despite a fawning media giving Biden tongue kisses his approval is lower than Trump's in Rasmussen's daily
tracking polls. More than 20 points lower than Obama's when he entered office.

"Come on Man" most votes in history?
How do Biden's ratings stack up against Trump's?

So...you think he hasn't had two months of transition to figure out what his positions are or for his Press Secretary to anticipate question she would be asked?

Hell, he had 17 EO's all ready for his signature on day one. What was his Press Secretary doing during that time?
Get your magnifying glass out. I'm sure there's a nit you haven't picked somewhere.

We've already seen how Psaki has bungled the hard questions, like the one about Antifa and BLM in Portland, and now she's shown she can't handle the softballs.

You are right...it's going to be a fun four years, but not for Psaki. I don't think she'll last that long.

I bet she last longer than any of the Trump Press Sec. Not that that would be hard to do.

Finally. Someone sick and tired of the media reenacting Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally over Biden.

There is no chance in Hades that the cabal that runs the government now will let up on its drooling over that elderly and fragile gentleman.

They have found a foil for Trump in the current Oval Office occupant, and they are not going to let go.

They will use him to the hilt and then cast him aside when the right time comes.

Right now Queen Nancy & Chuck are beside themselves with happiness as they look forward to kicking The Donald once again in February.

Most Americans (even many Dems) are not stupid: They know that the fragile gentleman is just role playing President, a post he always wanted. He will do or say or sign anything that he's told to.

Right now Queen Nancy & Chuck are beside themselves with happiness as they look forward to kicking The Donald once again in February.
Me too. Can't wait to kick the fascist to the curb for good!

“Rectal yak vomit?”
Lol, my thought too.
Then, I also wondered what it must be like to have the job of moderating the comments of others when that's the kind of commenting you are doing.

I bet she last longer than any of the Trump Press Sec. Not that that would be hard to do.
Bet that Biden's administration will be even less transparent than Obama's - the least transparent and the most antagonistic in modern history.

Not even close to be true. Why do people post things that are so easily proven false.

View attachment 67314965
Eriech was 100% correct, actually. Eriech was also very clear about his or her reference to Rasmussen.

"Despite a fawning media giving Biden tongue kisses his approval is lower than Trump's in Rasmussen's daily
tracking polls. More than 20 points lower than Obama's when he entered office."

On Trump's last full day in office (the 19th), his Rasmussen approval was indeed 51%.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 094206.png

View attachment 67314941

Perhaps he should have just kept his mouth shut until he had the correct information instead of spouting off with the "best answer at that moment".
Perhaps you should spend less time trying to find excuses for the one term mistakes abysmal handling of the virus. Fauci is not a God he is a scientist and that means he can change his mind when the data changes.

Bet that Biden's administration will be even less transparent than Obama's - the least transparent and the most antagonistic in modern history.

Biden would need a long way to go to break the one term mistakes record n "transparency". His outright refusal to respond to Congressional oversight subpoenas made him the most secretive President in history. He violated the Constitution with that stunt.

Me too. To some degree, I am a bit frustrated by the political polarization today trying to bisect COVID response into neat pre- and post-January 20th periods. The reality is that the vast bulk of the effort is shouldered by people outside political classes and, frankly, doing work too disconnected from political decision-making in Washington DC for it to matter. In all reality, neither Trump nor Biden deserve more than the smallest fraction of credit for whatever good outcomes they claim or will claim was a result of their decision making. In national emergencies, individuals, communities, organizations and corporations all step up--and they should reap the recognition. And for the most part, none of these entities changed what they were doing or how they were doing it at noon EST on January 20. I sure didn't.

(Well, except for a pause to watch inauguration!)
What changed on Jan 20th was that the virus was put back into the hands of the scientists instead of the one term mistake. That and finally having a national plan will show results. Not that they will ever be good enough to make up for the delay the last administration handed us.

Biden would need a long way to go to break the one term mistakes record n "transparency". His outright refusal to respond to Congressional oversight subpoenas made him the most secretive President in history. He violated the Constitution with that stunt.
The Press Iquana, the press. Focus. Never in the history has a President provided the press with access that Trump provided. To the point that the Loon media stopped televising his press conferences. LOL As opposed to Obama/Biden blocking networks from press events. Spying of reporters. ...

The Press Iquana, the press. Focus. Never in the history has a President provided the press with access that Trump provided. To the point that the Loon media stopped televising his press conferences. LOL As opposed to Obama/Biden blocking networks from press events. Spying of reporters. ...
LOL He totally abandoned press briefings for most of his term. When his Covid briefings became campaign events some media stopped covering them. His refusal to answer subpoenas from Congress was unprecedented withholding of vital information for the Constitutional duty of oversight over the executive. He was in violation of the Constitution that is how secretive he was.

As usual, looking at the front pages of FoxNews and CNN this week was like jumping back and forth between alternate dimensions. CNN hosts praised Biden for existing while FoxNews hosts made it sound like Biden has already done more damage to the country than 4 years of Trump including the Capitol attack. I have my thoughts on which is more malicious and problematic, but neither are innocent.

This is why I am pretty much out on politics. There are very few people who haven't picked a side and dug in deep. It's predictable that the Conservatives are hard at work trying to find the flaws in the Biden administration. It's predictable the liberals are gushing over Biden.

How about calling things as we see it? How about letting go of the ego and living in reality?

Do you ever notice how the guests on CNN or FOX never disagree with the host? Why would I want to see an echo chamber of a single narrative?

Fauci talked at almost every Press Briefing and he was interviewed by more media organizations than all other admin members...combined.

Stop spouting nonsense.

You seem to want to corner the market on spouted nonsense... :rolleyes:

Dr. Fauci didn't even attend every Press Briefing- not that there were many of those once the Pandemic lasted past Easter and didn't miraculously disappear.... :p

That tRump's fluffers toed the Orange Maniac's line and refused to talk to the media (except Fox and pre-canned messages) doesn't boost Fauci's appearance record. Con men hiding from the press isn't any sort of benchmark we want to use.

tRump and his cabal frequently undercut and openingly disputed his expertise, twisted his statements and the timeline...

Some should stop spouting tRump bilge and put down the koolaid or they will be dismissed... ✌

Nah, i'm more of an Inner Mongolian sort of dude. Outer Mongolians are loud and schedule too many inconvenient social engagements when I'd rather stay home.
Not to mention that annoying throat singing...

Have you seen the Daily Press Briefings? It is clear why the press loves President Biden. They can do their jobs.
Of course, Biden has the advantage of 'low expections'... which is 'acting like an adult' and 'reinstating a functional government' . That only appears high after the last 4 years. Once that is accompished, you will see a much higher level of criticism. from the mainstream. The reight wing news orgs of course are going full 'ewwwe, he's bad', merely because he isn't catering to racisim and bigotry.

Trump didn't want anyone to lie. If they didn't know, he wanted them to find out why instead of making some excuse..."I don't know".

Unlike a lot of Americans who HAVE to know...or find out why...Fauci couldn't handle that.
Stop spouting nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom