• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pew Research debunking fake right wing narrative of minorities flocking to the GOP

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
One of the more popular phony media driven narratives (among many) during the Trump/MAGA era is that minorities are flocking to the GOP in supposed record numbers because of Trump's big beautiful so called "policies". This was kicked into gear heavily after the 2020 election when Trump improved significantly with hispanics, despite the fact that every single incumbent president running for re-election, whether Democrat or Republican has always done better with hispanics during their second run, since the polling numbers have been recorded at least. Of course, when the actual elections occur (whether in the 2022 non existent "red wave", or special elections), the numbers never really back up the phony narratives, usually leading to the scripted "STOLEN ELECTION!" drivel parroted among the entire GOP and their media mouthpieces.

Any way, here's pew's recent numbers on where voters stand on both political parties:

PP_2024.4.9_partisan-coalitions_2-01.png

As you can see, and you can click into the article to see further graphs, minority support among the Democrats among all ages, genders, college degree or not, etc, lean heavily towards the Dems, with in reality very little movement towards the GOP. In fact, it is white voters who have reverted back to being pretty strongly pro GOP, "coincidentally" during the Obama years, straight into king birther Donald Trump's presidency, and Biden's presidency as well. The reality is, white voters = GOP, minorities = Democrats, and that hasn't really changed in the slightest. If the GOP really thought they were making actual substantial gains with minorities, they would't be dusting off the old race baiting/white grievance playbook of EVIL brown skin toned illegal immigrants coming across the border ruining what their voter base hilariously perceives to be their "conservative christian nation".

The narrative of young voters also flocking to the GOP is completely phony as well.

PP_2024.4.9_partisan-coalitions_4-01.png

Pew's data backs up what recent actual election results have shown us, not the bogus fake GOP funded polls that have Trump winning the youthvote, 50% of hispanics, or 30% of blacks.

Attachments

• PP_2024.4.9_partisan-coalitions_4-01.png
    PP_2024.4.9_partisan-coalitions_4-01.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The only demographic that votes majority Republican is straight white Christian men. Literally every demographic votes majority Democrat. Why is that? Why do the Republicans not appeal to other people? Could it be that their policies primarily only benefit straight white Christian men?

In recent decades, neither party has had a sizable advantage, but the Democratic Party has lost the edge it maintained from 2017 to 2021. (Explore this further in Chapter 1.)

Also, several sources countered aren't right-wing narrators. One's even a firm that supports the Democrats:

Also, several sources countered aren't right-wing narrators. One's even a firm that supports the Democrats:

It's a crock of shit. But even then, let's say it's Trump himself getting more minority support...none of that translates to the GOP overall.

One of the more popular phony media driven narratives (among many) during the Trump/MAGA era is that minorities are flocking to the GOP in supposed record numbers because of Trump's big beautiful so called "policies". This was kicked into gear heavily after the 2020 election when Trump improved significantly with hispanics, despite the fact that every single incumbent president running for re-election, whether Democrat or Republican has always done better with hispanics during their second run, since the polling numbers have been recorded at least. Of course, when the actual elections occur (whether in the 2022 non existent "red wave", or special elections), the numbers never really back up the phony narratives, usually leading to the scripted "STOLEN ELECTION!" drivel parroted among the entire GOP and their media mouthpieces.

Any way, here's pew's recent numbers on where voters stand on both political parties:

View attachment 67503644

As you can see, and you can click into the article to see further graphs, minority support among the Democrats among all ages, genders, college degree or not, etc, lean heavily towards the Dems, with in reality very little movement towards the GOP. In fact, it is white voters who have reverted back to being pretty strongly pro GOP, "coincidentally" during the Obama years, straight into king birther Donald Trump's presidency, and Biden's presidency as well. The reality is, white voters = GOP, minorities = Democrats, and that hasn't really changed in the slightest. If the GOP really thought they were making actual substantial gains with minorities, they would't be dusting off the old race baiting/white grievance playbook of EVIL brown skin toned illegal immigrants coming across the border ruining what their voter base hilariously perceives to be their "conservative christian nation".

The narrative of young voters also flocking to the GOP is completely phony as well.

View attachment 67503646

Pew's data backs up what recent actual election results have shown us, not the bogus fake GOP funded polls that have Trump winning the youthvote, 50% of hispanics, or 30% of blacks.

Like a legit poll will stop Trump or Ingram or Hannity from spreading lies. Lol good luck with that .

With all no respect. most of the super-religious white men I had to work with (not astronomers...bean counters)
..are mostly assholes and selfish pigs. I've been pressured by them to change data. More than once, I've had to point out something like ..
..I can't change the speed of light, in a vacuum. :)

Wait, there are people out there that think minorities are actually “flocking over” in “record numbers” to the White Christian Nationalist party?

I'd venture to say 95% of the Trump loving GOP base definitely believes this. Now, Trump himself and the GOP mouthpieces in right wing media and "conservative influencers" (aka well paid grifters) don't believe it, but they are all paid well to push that fake narrative to the fullest.

I've never bought into the idea that they're flocking to the GOP, but I have bought into the idea that a lot of people (across all demographics) are getting demoralized by liberal democracy's perceived impotence in the face of rising costs and instability and are getting ready to check out. That does concern me.

I've never bought into the idea that they're flocking to the GOP, but I have bought into the idea that a lot of people (across all demographics) are getting demoralized by liberal democracy's perceived impotence in the face of rising costs and instability and are getting ready to check out. That does concern me.

Could be, but Biden is in fact starting to improve in the polls. He'd already be up on Trump on RCP's national average if it wasn't for Rasmussen every few weeks farting out fake numbers like Trump 50%-Biden 40%.

And before you mention swing state polls, Biden's starting to gain on him there too, particularly in WI, PA, and MI. In MI, there was a recent poll where Biden was up by 3 that RCP chose NOT to put in the average, despite them including every pro Trump poll imaginable in their averages. RCP may very well leading their low IQ GOP voting followers to believe another mythical "red wave" is happening in November...same as in 2022.

This is old news. Sure, some minorities are thinking of either holding their noses or switching votes. Without the need to find any polls I already know that will be HUGELY offset by the number of pissed off suburban housewives who will be sending a clear message to the GOP in November.

Could be, but Biden is in fact starting to improve in the polls.

I agree with this. Biden's had a good few weeks and Trump's slumped. They're even in national polling. My base case, as they say in the financial world, is that Biden needs to win the national vote by about 3-4% to win the EV. I acknowledge that's not necessarily scientific but it squares with recent history. Biden's not there yet but the trend is moving in his direction.

I agree with this. Biden's had a good few weeks and Trump's slumped. They're even in national polling. My base case, as they say in the financial world, is that Biden needs to win the national vote by about 3-4% to win the EV. I acknowledge that's not necessarily scientific but it squares with recent history. Biden's not there yet but the trend is moving in his direction.

Is this true any more though? House Dems lost the national PV in 2022 by about 3, and yet damn near almost kept the house if it wasn't for NY and CA Democrats dropping the ball.

The Dems had such good performances in 2022 (and after) in PA, MI, AND WI, that I think Biden is being severely underestimated in those states. I know Trump is stronger than his handpicked MAGA candidates, but still.

Let the Pubs think that minorities are flocking to them. It will give them less motivation to reach out to them and their complacency will cause them to lose the election.

It's a crock of shit. But even then, let's say it's Trump himself getting more minority support...none of that translates to the GOP overall.

Anything that one doesn't like to hear is always that. The point is that it's not exactly fake or part of right wing narratives. In fact, one of the sources is even a liberal outlet.

The only demographic that votes majority Republican is straight white Christian men. Literally every demographic votes majority Democrat. Why is that? Why do the Republicans not appeal to other people? Could it be that their policies primarily only benefit straight white Christian men?

Abortion bans don't even support the interests of straight white Christian men. They'd be better of NOT paying child support to the office temp they bonked ... or indeed for their wives to find out.

View attachment 67503644

View attachment 67503646

Pew Research?

———-
“Excited to head to the polls then, some Black voters now feel disillusioned by a surge in the cost of living and racial justice priorities they feel Biden's Democrats have yet to deliver on as promised, polls and interviews show.”

But four years later, Biden's strength among Black voters nationwide is less certain, as they question Democrats' commitment to voting rights, tackling white supremacy and other issues dear to them. A Pew Research Center poll in January found Black Americans are divided over Biden's performance in office - about 49% of Black adults disapproved of it, while 48% approved.

This is old news. Sure, some minorities are thinking of either holding their noses or switching votes. Without the need to find any polls I already know that will be HUGELY offset by the number of pissed off suburban housewives who will be sending a clear message to the GOP in November.
You know nothing of the United States.

Zip.

It’s more likely they will stay home. Some are tired of empty promises and even then know that Trump is much worse than the empty promises

People tend to get caught up in early polling like it matters. It really doesn't. Why? Because either they are dishonest or they are trying to create a narrative.

Primaries are a bad source of info typically. People use them to protest. It really depends on who comes home after the season is over.

We saw this with Hillary and Obama.
Bernie and Biden.

Will we see that with Haley and trump? Typically the answer is yes they will fold back in.

It’s more likely they will stay home. Some are tired of empty promises and even then know that Trump is much worse than the empty promises
Suburban house wives will vote - against the R's.

They don't rely on the minority vote, Trumpliclans only rely on the old white vote. Their base is 90% white, and old. This is why they're treating women like cattle, they need more livestock. They're dying, and you can tell by the way they're struggling to breath.

Back
Top Bottom