• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perfect example of why we need to ban firearms

It is truly disgusting how the perps get away with robberies, sucker punching, looting, rape, and murder.

But let a good citizen try to defend him-, herself, and the bleeding hearts will cry buckets of tears for the perps.

Let's hope all victims of violent crime get their well-deserved revenge in the form of a great GOP victory in November.

Reminds me of what a Florida friend of mine went up against trying to defend his daughter from an attack in their home. There is a Fla law that fell into the "Required Sentencing" hole. He is a small person, the perp, was not, and Lee only fired a warning shot to get the perp to stop. 20 years, a ruined family, and ruined life, Lee is in prison and will not get out for many years. He is a good person, who I would trust with my life:

Father-of-two who was given 20-year prison sentence for firing a warning shot to scare violent thug who was threatening his family.
That's just SO ****ed up.

What disclaimer is that? I pointed out nothing else.
The point I made would hold true regardless of age.
Defending property is not self defense....

Yes you did:

"Do not bother with any argument that she could have shot them before the snatch in defense"

Last edited:
It looked and was described as a snatch and grab. Meaning they ran up grabbed her handbag and ran. Unless they are stupid and gave her warning then she would not be aware until the deed was done. At that point the best she can do is get revenge by trying to kill one of them as they run away. Not self defense, just murder justified by revenge.

There is no wanting to be a victim. There is also not wanting random strangers pulling out guns and killing for revenge.

Making up a scenario in which favors your position, does not tell what actually happened or might of happened.

She could of shot in self defnce as she was being robbed. But of course put in a disclaimer on something that would destroy your position.

It looked and was described as a snatch and grab. Meaning they ran up grabbed her handbag and ran. Unless they are stupid and gave her warning then she would not be aware until the deed was done. At that point the best she can do is get revenge by trying to kill one of them as they run away. Not self defense, just murder justified by revenge.

There is no wanting to be a victim. There is also not wanting random strangers pulling out guns and killing for revenge.
I take it you didnt watch the video...

and any 4 men that attack a 60+ year old woman subject themselves to a self defense response in the gravest extreme.

and any 4 men that attack a 60+ year old woman subject themselves to a self defense response in the gravest extreme.

With extreme prejudice. 4 on 1 on a senior is way out matched. Time to pull out he great equalizer.

With extreme prejudice. 4 on 1 on a senior is way out matched. Time to pull out he great equalizer.
Of course the leftist isnt concerned about the senior citizen...its her fault anyway. Cant have anything happen to the violent scumbags who were stomping her.

Remind us how much gun violence they have in Singapore and Japan?
This isn't Singapore and Japan.
Maybe Singapore and Japan are not diverse enough.
97.8% of Japan are Japanese and share the same culture.
90% of Singapore is ethnic Chinese and Malays. The majority of the people in Singapore share the same culture.

How did you want this women being attacked by four men should defend herself?

Perhaps she should take the beating like a man. Isn't that what you said about Rittenhouse?

People like you will simply never get it until the violence is at your doorstep. Go live in Detroit and New York. You will be the first on a plane to Japan or Singapore.

From what I can see none of the criminals had guns. it was a simple snatch and grab. If the victim had a gun and started shooting it would not have been self defense it would have been someone trying to shoot another in the back as they ran away. Revenge is what that is called.
LOL
All this women has to do is convince the DA her life was threatened or they would do her harm, which they did.
The criminal does not need a gun for this women to defend herself with a gun.
People who are elderly or weaker would have no problem in this situation to convince the DA deadly force was justified.

Reminds me of what a Florida friend of mine went up against trying to defend his daughter from an attack in their home. There is a Fla law that fell into the "Required Sentencing" hole. He is a small person, the perp, was not, and Lee only fired a warning shot to get the perp to stop. 20 years, a ruined family, and ruined life, Lee is in prison and will not get out for many years. He is a good person, who I would trust with my life:

Father-of-two who was given 20-year prison sentence for firing a warning shot to scare violent thug who was threatening his family.
Two totally different set of circumstances.

This isn't Singapore and Japan.
Maybe Singapore and Japan are not diverse enough.
97.8% of Japan are Japanese and share the same culture.
90% of Singapore is ethnic Chinese and Malays. The majority of the people in Singapore share the same culture.

So it's all the Black and Brown people's fault.

How did you want this women being attacked by four men should defend herself?

Perhaps she should take the beating like a man. Isn't that what you said about Rittenhouse?

People like you will simply never get it until the violence is at your doorstep. Go live in Detroit and New York. You will be the first on a plane to Japan or Singapore.

Yes you did:

"Do not bother with any argument that she could have shot them before the snatch in defense"
A fair enough one though. Either you need to argue that it is impossible to sneak up on old women or you argue that americans are to stupid to even pull off a snatch and grab. Your choice.

True, Being attacked gives a person the right to self defense. Shooting someone in the back as they run away with a purse is criminally stupid.

So it's all the Black and Brown people's fault.
Not surprising it's all about race with progressives. Facts don't matter. You have nothing else other than race.
Is there any way you can also work in something about sexist or homophobic?
I got it, I did mention about Asians, perhaps you can throw in something about xenophobia?

LOL
All this women has to do is convince the DA her life was threatened or they would do her harm, which they did.
The criminal does not need a gun for this women to defend herself with a gun.
People who are elderly or weaker would have no problem in this situation to convince the DA deadly force was justified.
In america I agree. The life of young men is worth only the contents of a hand bag.

True, Being attacked gives a person the right to self defense. Shooting someone in the back as they run away with a purse is criminally stupid.
So is commenting on a video you never bothered to watch and a topic you always and only speak of out of your ignorance. Yet....here you are.

In america I agree. The life of young men is worth only the contents of a hand bag.
Yea, who cares about the victim. Who cares she was hit so hard she broke couple bones. Who cares that they stole her purse which may have had her identification along with her address. Who cares about her emotions or her mental wellbeing. Who cares if she will live in fear for some time. We need to protect the criminal.
I would bet 100 that if they ever find these thugs, they have a criminal history.

Yea, who cares about the victim. Who cares she was hit so hard she broke couple bones. Who cares that they stole her purse which may have had her identification along with her address. Who cares about her emotions or her mental wellbeing. Who cares if she will live in fear for some time. We need to protect the criminal.
I would bet 100 that if they ever find these thugs, they have a criminal history.
True, why care when you can just blaze away with a gun getting your dose of revenge.
Still not self defense just some idiot with a gun playing judge dredd.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...-attack-on-senior-in-capitol-heights/3019179/

Woman gets carjacked, robbed, beaten up and now has two broken bones. If she had a gun, however, and tried to defend herself someone might have been hurt or killed. Even worse, the suspects could have taken her gun and killed her.

I would also note that the woman resisted the attack. If she hadn't resisted the attackers would have just left and if she hadn't run away then the attackers wouldn't have been forced to tackler her again. This is all a prime example of why we have crime and white supremacy in this country!

Too bad she didn't have a gun....shoot the lowlife punks. Another cause of the lawless support from democrats.....they are now the party of lawlessness.

Back
Top Bottom