• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pelosi says lawmakers can trade stocks of companies influenced by their policies

Hughinn

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Democrat party politicians don't see themselves as public servants, but instead thier liberal celebrities. Totally immune from answering for corruption and insider training.

Queen Nancy has declared her action acceptable. Progressives don't agree.

This accents the hypocrisy rampant in the corporate dnc and the clash with young Progressives, who actually believe what they're doing is for the betterment of the country, amd the democrat party elites, who are out for themselves and thier billionaire donors

Democrat party politicians don't see themselves as public servants, but instead thier liberal celebrities. Totally immune from answering for corruption and insider training.

This accents the hypocrisy rampant in the corporate dnc and the clash with young Progressives, who actually believe what they're doing is for the betterment of the country, amd the democrat party elites, who are out for themselves and thier billionaire donors
If the witch feels that way for profitability, I would suggest that they also alert all investors of their stock decisions which would only drive up the stock with more money to be made. The bitch is just as corrupt as the rest of them.

If the witch feels that way for profitability, I would suggest that they also alert all investors of their stock decisions which would only drive up the stock with more money to be made. The bitch is just as corrupt as the rest of them.

The democrat party is in am interesting position, because the newer members have drank the cool aid and fell for the big con.

They got in congress and are realizing they've been lied to about the democrat party and it's real agenda.

Progressives would do better working with Republicans on social issues, and soo er or later they'll figure that out

Couldn't disagree more with Pelosi, or agree more with AOC. Good for the newcomer!

AOC is not by any means my favorite person. But you gotta give her the credit she deserves in the sense that unlike pelosi, aoc believes in what she's doing.

I have read that Her Majesty's position is influenced by the fact that her husband is proud of his many profitable investments.

Pelosi amd her husband have gotten very rich trading stocks of companies affected by her policies as a lawmaker

AOC is not by any means my favorite person. But you gotta give her the credit she deserves in the sense that unlike pelosi, aoc believes in what she's doing.
I love AOC. I don't agree with all her policies or opinions - I can say the same about every other politician and person I know - but I think she has character, principles and conviction. She comes to Congress with a faith in government and a desire to effect positive change, and we need that.
Pelosi amd her husband have gotten very rich trading stocks of companies affected by her policies as a lawmaker
Undoubtedly.

So Nutty Nancy says she has no problem with unethical behavior?

These words are sooooo going to come back to bite her wrinkled ass.

I am usually diametrically opposed to anything AOC says: but not this time. This time she is right on the money. Shame on you Nancy!

AVvXsEg2QlX8ZYMGJ9nviMJmcXTsa65cmmUhtz6yzv0gAEUmEGmZ4nSPGvx2ZkOZ7RtmdTsC8PrWUuhWdBUFxRgLNRCCzjHrGatzPx7e8YukPYNxhp4qVCWk35Sr-k-yODJLUXL_fczlCHYuvbZpr2WCYAFQ6uIajFX8qVhd81JmwmEt-zMwf5nadA

Why would she want to eliminate a system that made her rich?

The plague of claimed elitism by the corrupt and corrosively dishonest is not limited to the Democrat Party.

They are ALL lying thieves.

The Democrats are just more awesome in their duplicitous hypocrisy than are the Republicans.

I have read that Her Majesty's position is influenced by the fact that her husband is proud of his many profitable investments.

Why would she want to eliminate a system that made her rich?
And she's against a wealth tax too. But you know what, I dont conflate "investing" and "insider trading." I know she voted to raise her own taxes. And I dont care for taxing wealth. so I'll give her the benefit of doubt here since there is no real accusation like the 4 senators who sold their stocks after being briefed on covid. 2 of whom were blatantly using this insider knowledge.

Just another example of if a democrat does it it's corrupt, but if a republican does it it's just business.

Almost makes me want to start a Congressional Continental hedge fund.

But I thought Pelosi was a radical leftist lmao. Talk about hypocrisy.

And she's against a wealth tax too. But you know what, I dont conflate "investing" and "insider trading." I know she voted to raise her own taxes. And I dont care for taxing wealth. so I'll give her the benefit of doubt here since there is no real accusation like the 4 senators who sold their stocks after being briefed on covid. 2 of whom were blatantly using this insider knowledge.

So she only broke the law a little?

Like only being a little pregnant?

Should the Poor have any problem with that, with equal protection of the at-will employment laws for unemployment compensation?

So she only broke the law a little?

Like only being a little pregnant?
Pelosi wasnt one of the 4. this thread is about conflating "investing" and "insider trading" against Pelosi.

Pelosi wasnt one of the 4. this thread is about conflating "investing" and "insider trading" against Pelosi.
There aren't any laws in place that prevent members of congress from trading on MNPI. There are no information monitoring rules in place that track what MNPI each congressperson is exposed to or knowledgeable of. Members of congress have access to MNPI by virtue of the fact that they make laws that impact businesses. So it's silly to claim that Pelosi hasn't "invested" based on MNPI, much like any other member of congress.

Back
Top Bottom