• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Peddling Fear

Your pastor lied. But that’s okay because he was Lying For Jesus, right?

actually no.

he went on tour with Ron Wyatt back in the day.

Ron is controversial but he finds lots of stuff the others look over.

ron-wyatt.jpeg

actually no.

View attachment 67501533

Ron Wyatt is another liar. Everything he has “claimed” to have found has turned out to be something no one else can find when they go to the same places or are entirely fabricated.

But his lies sell books and videos to creationist idiots. The grift keeps grifting.

actually no.

wow, Ron found pieces of Noah's ark too. no wonder the experts are jealous....

He embarked on multiple investigations of the site, claiming to have discovered evidence that his theory was correct, including “deck timber” and “anchor stones” from the Ark. But professional scientists who joined Wyatt on some of his early inspections were not convinced by his supposed discoveries. And according to the Christian website Answers In Genesis, a laboratory that reportedly tested Wyatt’s “timber” was not able to definitively identify it as timber, much less timber from Biblical times.

Despite his lack of independently confirmed evidence, Wyatt remained adamant that the Durupinar site was indeed the landing place of Noah’s Ark. He continued to travel to the Middle East for the remainder of his life — and each time he went, he seemed to uncover something new. https://allthatsinteresting.com/ron-wyatt

Exactly! The flood, the plagues, Jonah's whale, ect., ALL bs! Just religious fairy tales to appeal to the simple minded.

I became a Christian 35 years ago when I got sober in AA.

I remained a Christian for many years and was awarded a scholarship for non-degree studies at a bible college.

It was there I would find the weaknesses. Just about every point in the bible can be questioned, and few of those questions have adequate answers other than "miracle" which in itself becomes really, really hard to defend.

In the end, God comes out looking like a selfish, self sensitive, bully with a blood lust.

He kills an entire army of Egyptians when he could have made them temporary lame? What the **** did he make them for in the first place since he as supposed to know it would happen.

And what the fish? Why does Jonah have to spend 3 days in the highly effective digestive juices of a fish? God couldn't have taught him to swim?

(Part of my studies included traditions in Jesus time - the story of Jonah and a fish big enough to sallow a man would be the equivalent of an alien being for camp fire stories while wandering in the desert for 40 years. These ere people who thought the world ended at the Red Sea.)

And finally the guy ordered to kill his son. That is the cruelest story I have ever heard, makes the Grimm brothers seem like fairies with flowers. THAT GOD is a total prick.

So in the end, you study it well you find there is only one character in the whole book worth reading about...and he's blind!

wow, Ron found pieces of Noah's ark too. no wonder the experts are jealous....

He embarked on multiple investigations of the site, claiming to have discovered evidence that his theory was correct, including “deck timber” and “anchor stones” from the Ark. But professional scientists who joined Wyatt on some of his early inspections were not convinced by his supposed discoveries. And according to the Christian website Answers In Genesis, a laboratory that reportedly tested Wyatt’s “timber” was not able to definitively identify it as timber, much less timber from Biblical times.

Despite his lack of independently confirmed evidence, Wyatt remained adamant that the Durupinar site was indeed the landing place of Noah’s Ark. He continued to travel to the Middle East for the remainder of his life — and each time he went, he seemed to uncover something new. https://allthatsinteresting.com/ron-wyatt

Ron found pieces of wood and CLAIMED they were from Noah’s Ark with zero evidence to support those claims.

Answers in Genesis is another collection of theist liars.

Wyatt grifted Christians with lies.

I became a Christian 35 years ago when I got sober in AA.

I remained a Christian for many years and was awarded a scholarship for non-degree studies at a bible college.

It was there I would find the weaknesses. Just about every point in the bible can be questioned, and few of those questions have adequate answers other than "miracle" which in itself becomes really, really hard to defend.

In the end, God comes out looking like a selfish, self sensitive, bully with a blood lust.

He kills an entire army of Egyptians when he could have made them temporary lame? What the **** did he make them for in the first place since he as supposed to know it would happen.

And what the fish? Why does Jonnah have to spend 3 days in the highly effective digestive juices of a fish? God couldn't have taught him to swim?

And finally the guy ordered to kill his son. That is the cruelest story I have ever heard, makes the Grimm brothers seem like fairies with flowers. THAT GOD is a total prick.

So in the end, you study it well you find there is only one character in the whole book worth reading about...and he's blind!
But some theists will come up with creative ways to rationalize or justify their god and biblical tales. But nothing which relies on or is backed by science. Just make believe.

@Revelation

Wyatt and groups like Answers In Genesis don’t do science. They start with the conclusion that the Bible is literally true and everything in it must have happened and then they cherry pick evidence that they believe supports their claims while ignoring any evidence that contradicts it.

AIG even requires its contributors to sign an oath that they will never publish anything that contradicts a literal reading of the Bible EVEN IF THAT IS WHAT THE EVIDENCE SHOWS.

But some theists will come up with creative ways to rationalize or justify their god and biblical tales. But nothing which relies on or is backed by science. Just make believe.

Oh....

That's the very substance of Bible college. To find 'reasonable' explanations of the inexplainable events in the bible.

The truth is the old testament is not studied at all, other than Psalms etc. The truth is we find modern explanations for what was inexplicable in those times...'it must have been' but it's guesswork presented as 'historical background'. No one ever says 'fact'.

Oh....

That's the very substance of Bible college. To find 'reasonable' explanations of the inexplainable events in the bible.

The truth is the old testament is not studied at all, other than Psalms etc. The truth is we find modern explanations for what was inexplicable in those times...'it must have been' but it's guesswork presented as 'historical background'. No one ever says 'fact'.
Why look for other explanations when "God did it" makes for such a big umbrella to cover anything. No further thought or question required or accepted. It's perfect for the intellectually lazy or dishonest.

Yes, it’s irrational to look at the 2,000 years of failure when it comes to failed Christian prophecies about the end of the world and say “Well clearly those were all wrong, but THIS ONE must be right. This time Jesus is really coming any day now.”

And you know this subconsciously, which is why you keep waffling back to hedge your bets when nothing happens.

ok, well when the power goes out and doesn't come back on then maybe we might re-consider some things.

seems the Boat had that issue before hitting the Bridge; things like that happen and will keep happening.

of course April 8 will 'happen' too. and maybe you will have an Answere.

seems the Governor wanted some Answers too......

Gov Moore said on Wednesday that it’s still unclear what caused the ship’s power to go out. “There needs to be accountability to make sure these things do not happen again and that we have a system in place to make sure they don’t,” he said at a press conference. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ey-bridge-collapse-live-updates-b2519665.html

blessings, for all you Answer men out there; you will get some answers, let me check my Prophetic calendar again for that date.

Ron Wyatt is another liar. Everything he has “claimed” to have found has turned out to be something no one else can find when they go to the same places or are entirely fabricated.

But his lies sell books and videos to creationist idiots. The grift keeps grifting.

so does this grift.

seems to be uncovering a few leads concerning moscow.

now we need to find out some more concerning that Bridge...

ok, well when the power goes out and doesn't come back on then maybe we might re-consider some things.

seems the Boat had that issue before hitting the Bridge; things like that happen and will keep happening.

of course April 8 will 'happen' too. and maybe you will have an Answere.

seems the Governor wanted some Answers too......

Gov Moore said on Wednesday that it’s still unclear what caused the ship’s power to go out. “There needs to be accountability to make sure these things do not happen again and that we have a system in place to make sure they don’t,” he said at a press conference. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ey-bridge-collapse-live-updates-b2519665.html

blessings, for all you Answer men out there; you will get some answers, let me check my Prophetic calendar again for that date.

The boat suffered a mechanical failure. It didn’t have the “power go out and then not come back on”. It has multiple power failures and restorations, but ultimately it couldn’t get power back on in time to stop or change course.

It also was having trouble with its electrical systems for days before leaving port.

This isn’t a supernatural event.

so does this grift.

seems to be uncovering a few leads concerning moscow.

now we need to find out some more concerning that Bridge...

So now you just change the subject when the idiocy of your argument is pointed out?

Do you think this was the first ever terrorist attack in Moscow?

So now you just change the subject when the idiocy of your argument is pointed out?

Do you think this was the first ever terrorist attack in Moscow?

this is no change except to keep you all current on the Apocalyptic news world wide.

the media calls it 'Breaking News'; which i will cut in as things start Breaking thru April.

better Stash up for some food to celebrate the Eclipse...

the Eclipse may break part of the food supply, again people this is about the Staples and Basics that don't need refrigeration as we can't guarantee that the Grid will be up either.

those on city water, please fill your bottles.

April 8 is about the cascading failure of all life support systems if early indicators are accurate.

this is no change except to keep you all current on the Apocalyptic news world wide.

the media calls it 'Breaking News'; which i will cut in as things start Breaking thru April.

better Stash up for some food to celebrate the Eclipse...

the Eclipse may break part of the food supply, again people this is about the Staples and Basics that don't need refrigeration as we can't guarantee that the Grid will be up either.

those on city water, please fill your bottles.

April 8 is about the cascading failure of all life support systems if early indicators are accurate.

More conspiracy theory bullshit. ****ing ZeroHedge? Really?

None of this is “apocalyptic”. Your predictions are going to fail just like every Christian end times prediction before you.

None of this is “apocalyptic”. Your predictions are going to fail just like every Christian end times prediction before you.
Come April 9, we can point out the failure and gloat.

Come April 9, we can point out the failure and gloat.

yep, your failure to believe.

blessings, only 8 days in April this year.

(hmmm that is a new one)

yep, your failure to believe.

blessings, only 8 days in April this year.

(hmmm that is a new one)
Belief is the failure. So I pass on mere belief.

this warning is 100% accurate...

Demonstrate that with actual objectively verifiable evidence?

More “worship the great mafia don in the sky or he’ll break your knees”.

Why do you look forward to the world being ruled by an egomaniacal theocratic fascist who has dissenters mercilessly tortured?

no. just one in a long line warning about this issue.

got food?

i will let Putin know, so he restrains himself on certain dates like April 8

Russia has once again issued a chilling threat to those involved in Friday's horrifying attack on Moscow concert hall that killed more than 130 people. President Vladimir Putin's close aide and deputy chair of Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev said that they won't spare anyone involved in the attack. While the Islamic State group had claimed responsibility for the militant strike on the outskirts of the Russian capital, Russia has been seeking to tie the attackers to Ukraine. Watch the video for more.

no. just one in a long line warning about this issue.

got food?

i will let Putin know, so he restrains himself on certain dates like April 8

Russia has once again issued a chilling threat to those involved in Friday's horrifying attack on Moscow concert hall that killed more than 130 people. President Vladimir Putin's close aide and deputy chair of Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev said that they won't spare anyone involved in the attack. While the Islamic State group had claimed responsibility for the militant strike on the outskirts of the Russian capital, Russia has been seeking to tie the attackers to Ukraine. Watch the video for more.

Russia has been making bullshit “warnings” for 2 years now.

Russia has been making bullshit “warnings” for 2 years now.

oh, and you trust them not to do anything Rash.

of course.

Back
Top Bottom