• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Peadophilea is natural too?

Ivan The Terrible

Ivan The Terrible > All
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This question is something I have been thinking about for a while. Is it just a sick practice or is it genetic? What do you think?

now that genetic science is advancing, we're finding out more and more that pretty much everything humans comes from genetics. humans are mostly reactionary creatures that strive to satisfy their instincts that evolution has provided. in the case of pedophilia, it is either a mutation in the DNA that causes the person's sexual drive to alter, or a perverse subconscious reaction to that person's environment and experiences thus far in life.

It's about control Most pedophiles have absolutely no control over anything in thier life, thus the strife to gain control through an overbearing attitude that childeren naturally fear.
It may have something to do with genetics, however it's mostly of a social disorder and is deffinetely treatable by pshychological means.

jfuh,

It's about control Most pedophiles have absolutely no control over anything in thier life, thus the strife to gain control through an overbearing attitude that childeren naturally fear.
It may have something to do with genetics, however it's mostly of a social disorder and is deffinetely treatable by pshychological means.

I've heard that sometimes this isn't the case. Some need to get chemically castrated. Bold added by Your Master.

In my opinion....sex has very little to do with genetics, unless a persons mental capabilities are affected by one mutation or another, or by some wiring trick in the neural connections. Sex...and desire are more a part of conditioning and environment, that they are Physical makeup of the brain. A pedophile is something I cannot explain, as I am not one, but if I had to guess I would say the natural tendencies of Males to seek youthful partners comes into play, with some F@cked up judgement pushing the drive past what the brain sees as acceptable.

tecoyah said:
In my opinion....sex has very little to do with genetics, unless a persons mental capabilities are affected by one mutation or another, or by some wiring trick in the neural connections. Sex...and desire are more a part of conditioning and environment, that they are Physical makeup of the brain. A pedophile is something I cannot explain, as I am not one, but if I had to guess I would say the natural tendencies of Males to seek youthful partners comes into play, with some F@cked up judgement pushing the drive past what the brain sees as acceptable.

Thats probably the best way to put it.

I think pedophiles have a disease and the only way to cure it is to shoot their brains out!!!!!!!!!!! I hate pedophiles!!! They ruin innocent lives for their own sick pleasure! They deserve nothing less than to rot in hell for their eternal miserable existence!

americanwoman said:
I think pedophiles have a disease and the only way to cure it is to shoot their brains out!!!!!!!!!!! I hate pedophiles!!! They ruin innocent lives for their own sick pleasure! They deserve nothing less than to rot in hell for their eternal miserable existence!

And...I think that is about the best cure. :mrgreen:

jallman,

Thats probably the best way to put it.

One of the few things we agree on. My only question is this about this statement.

"with some F@cked up judgement pushing the drive past what the brain sees as acceptable."

Are you sure you shouldn't say... Past what society sees as acceptable?

American Woman,

Careful..

Replace one word and all hell breaks losse!

I think Jews have a disease and the only way to cure it is to shoot their brains out!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Jews!!! They ruin innocent lives for their own sick pleasure! They deserve nothing less than to rot in hell for their eternal miserable existence!

Ivan The Terrible said:

....Valid Point....and well played

Ivan The Terrible said:
American Woman,

Careful..

I think Jews have a disease and the only way to cure it is to shoot their brains out!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Jews!!! They ruin innocent lives for their own sick pleasure! They deserve nothing less than to rot in hell for their eternal miserable existence!

...what do the jews have to do with pedophilia?

Ivan The Terrible said:
jallman,

One of the few things we agree on. My only question is this about this statement.

"with some F@cked up judgement pushing the drive past what the brain sees as acceptable."

No, I am pretty sure its hardwired into the brain not to screw your children. When the maternal or paternal instinct is corrupted and the love one feels for a child's innocence and dependence upon your protection is transformed into a possessive desire to sexually own the child, then something has gone seriously wrong in your development. When your basic instincts and natural proclivities are diluted by lust rather than inflamed by it, there is a certain sickness present that cannot be cured.

jallman,

No, I am pretty sure its hardwired into the brain not to screw your children. When the maternal or paternal instinct is corrupted and the love one feels for a child's innocence and dependence upon your protection is transformed into a possessive desire to sexually own the child, then something has gone seriously wrong in your development. When your basic instincts and natural proclivities are diluted by lust rather than inflamed by it, there is a certain sickness present that cannot be cured.

Thinking about your statment...

Ivan The Terrible said:
This question is something I have been thinking about for a while. Is it just a sick practice or is it genetic? What do you think?

I think your question could be effectively argued in both directions.........we probably just don't know enough yet to know for sure either way.

But in all these *deviant* forms of sexual desire, where the line gets drawn between right and wrong (at least imho) is where the ability to consent begins and ends.

Two or more adults with a kink for spanking or plushies or golden showers etc may be functioning slightly outside the sexual norms (then again, who knows lol) but at least they are all able to give consent to what, when, who or how they participate in sex acts.

An adult who prefers children, or animals, or the dead cannot have a consenting partner. So while their desire isn't something I personally can understand, I'd be the first to say their desire isn't the problem..........when they choose to act on these desires with a partner who cannot consent the problem begins.

This is different from all other forms of things we sometimes consider perversions.........things like homosexuality, bdsm, swinging, bisexuality, group sex, diaper fetishes and so on. While most of us can't identify with all of these things (or maybe with any of these things) we can at least see where they can occur between consenting adults.........meaning no one involved is lacks the ability to say yes or no for themselves.

Sex with children, animals or the dead cannot occur between consenting adults, therefore the action of doing so becomes problematic, whereas the desire (wherever it comes from) was never really the problem.

Moderator's Warning:

official warning submitted

Ivan The Terrible said:
American Woman,

Careful..

You are a complete twat.

This not a matter of what society sees as acceptable, but as what is acceptable. No molested child thinks "oh, well, I'm going to feel these feelings of shame and dirtiness because grown-ups think this is sick" - they're too young to even fully understand what's being done to them. All they know is it's upsetting and traumatising, even if they don't know why.

I thought it was environmental as in the molested have a higher chance of turning into a molester. No?

Let us see. What does God's Word have to say concerning this;
Mathew 18:6 Jesus speaking:
But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones who believe in me, it were profitable for him that a great millstone had been hanged upon his neck and he be sunk in the depths of the sea.
Ephesians 5:5-6 Paul writes:
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
James 1 14-15... He explains:
but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

vergiss said:
You are a complete twat.

This was completely unacceptable. All Ivan did was make a point against her strong language and making such statements with frivolity. He was illustrating how application of that rhetoric to one deserving group could lead the way to applying that rhetoric to any group.

In the future, try not to flip the bitch switch before you take a moment to think.

jallman said:
This was completely unacceptable. All Ivan did was make a point against her strong language and making such statements with frivolity. He was illustrating how application of that rhetoric to one deserving group could lead the way to applying that rhetoric to any group.

In the future, try not to flip the bitch switch before you take a moment to think.

:lol:

The purpose of doing so was what, precisely...? Telling people off for being so mean to the poor paedophiles?

jfuh said:

Just like homosexuality.

jimmyjack said:
Just like homosexuality.

Uh huh. Yep, that was totally me when I was 8:

"Oh my God, mummy! Elton John's so scary! Make him go away!"

vergiss said:
:lol:

The purpose of doing so was what, precisely...? Telling people off for being so mean to the poor paedophiles?

I dont think anyone here has been sympathetic toward pedophiles. Maybe next time instead of pointing out how rude you were being, I'll just report the post and call for your ban instead. I, and others, are getting really sick of the lack of respect you show everyone with statements like:

some disrespectful little teeny bopper said:
You are a complete twat

Fair warning is given. Don't push me, brat.

jallman said:
I dont think anyone here has been sympathetic toward pedophiles. Maybe next time instead of pointing out how rude you were being, I'll just report the post and call for your ban instead. I, and others, are getting really sick of the lack of respect you show everyone with statements like:

Fair warning is given. Don't push me, brat.

So, rather than evading the question, care to explain to me what the purpose of Ivan's post actually was?

So, you'll have a whinge about my "rudeness" (Goodness me, isn't "twat" just the most offensive, personal remark ever? Not like a huge leap of logic somehow equating hatred of paedophiles with anti-Semitism...) and then carry on about me being a teenybopper brat? Nicely done - has about as much credibility as Paris Hilton calling someone trashy.

Back
Top Bottom