• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parkland Student Massacre Survivors **** on Trump (1 Viewer)

cuban smokes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/18/politics/donald-trump-florida-shooting-twitter/index.html

Students who survived the Parkland, Florida, shooting laid into President Donald Trump after he linked the FBI's failure to follow up on a report about the school shooter and the resources expended on the Russia investigation.

On Saturday, Trump tweeted, "Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!"

The President's tweet caused considerable outrage online, including among apparent survivors of the shooting:

"17 innocent people were brutally murdered at my school, a place where they should have felt safe. Their lives were gone in an instant. You are the President of the United States and you have the audacity to put this on Russia as an excuse. I guess I should expect that from you."

"...my friends were brutally murdered and you have the nerve to make this about Russia. I can not believe this"

"Oh my god. 17 OF MY CLASSMATES AND FRIENDS ARE GONE AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RUSSIA???!! HAVE A DAMN HEART. You can keep all of your fake and meaningless 'thoughts and prayers'."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love it when high school kids tell the POTUS to go **** off; can't put fake Tweets over on these kids :lol: ........

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/18/politics/donald-trump-florida-shooting-twitter/index.html

Students who survived the Parkland, Florida, shooting laid into President Donald Trump after he linked the FBI's failure to follow up on a report about the school shooter and the resources expended on the Russia investigation.

On Saturday, Trump tweeted, "Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!"

The President's tweet caused considerable outrage online, including among apparent survivors of the shooting:

"17 innocent people were brutally murdered at my school, a place where they should have felt safe. Their lives were gone in an instant. You are the President of the United States and you have the audacity to put this on Russia as an excuse. I guess I should expect that from you."

"...my friends were brutally murdered and you have the nerve to make this about Russia. I can not believe this"

"Oh my god. 17 OF MY CLASSMATES AND FRIENDS ARE GONE AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RUSSIA???!! HAVE A DAMN HEART. You can keep all of your fake and meaningless 'thoughts and prayers'."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love it when high school kids tell the POTUS to go **** off; can't put fake Tweets over on these kids :lol: ........

For that assinine comment itself, I hope they find something to nail him with.

To trump, it has to be about him at all times even when it’s not.

I really want to know why every adult in this country doesn't take issue with what President Trump did over the weekend?

Jeeeesus.

You take the emotional statement of a young kid who knows very little to nothing yet of the real world, a kid who just went through this horrifying experience like it is supposed to be somehow sapient, an expression of raw emotion that is what, meaningful...? You just appreciate it since this kid shat on the president you don't understand and therefore abhor.

Haters just gotta find something to hate.

The president's statement is spot on correct. The FBI and other intelligence agencies are tasked, hired and paid by taxpayers not to spend overtime spying on then falsely investigating our duly elected president but instead to protect us from our real enemies, both foreign and domestic. Spending, wasting so much time, money and effort on a witch hunt goose chase is beyond criminal. When the focus is on the laughable instead of that which it by good god should very well have been on, that which is most serious and threatens our, especially our children's, lives. These were credible threats left by the FBI to wither under the table, uninvestigated until way after so many had died.

Where was the president in the least bit wrong in his remarks?

Shame on the FBI, shame on the media, shame on the Democrat party for pushing everythng else but the Russian delusion off the table. These are th responsible folk with blood on their claws.

I really want to know why every adult in this country doesn't take issue with what President Trump did over the weekend?

what is actually very interesting to me is how so many Trump supporters state the one thing they really like about Trump is that they believe Trump speaks off the cuff, like a common man they say. That tells me that those that prefer this trait in Trump are willing to accept Trump's impulsive nature, because speaking without thinking is what Trump does. The Florida school shooter Cruz is said to have 'impulse issues' but that is exactly what Trump has also. I suppose Trump having Twitter is in a way not such a bad thing; why? Well let's look at it like this; if Trump had a gun in his hands instead of a phone he likely would have already killed everyone around him because of his extreme impulsive nature. The office of POTUS is not the job where we need an impulsive personality such as Trump's, and add to that the fact that Trump has no political experience. We have a POTUS that is still riding with his training wheels on, and typing out the most impulsive, dumb **** imaginable. MAGA .......

what is actually very interesting to me is how so many Trump supporters state the one thing they really like about Trump is that they believe Trump speaks off the cuff, like a common man they say. That tells me that those that prefer this trait in Trump are willing to accept Trump's impulsive nature, because speaking without thinking is what Trump does. The Florida school shooter Cruz is said to have 'impulse issues' but that is exactly what Trump has also. I suppose Trump having Twitter is in a way not such a bad thing; why? Well let's look at it like this; if Trump had a gun in his hands instead of a phone he likely would have already killed everyone around him because of his extreme impulsive nature. The office of POTUS is not the job where we need an impulsive personality such as Trump's, and add to that the fact that Trump has no political experience. We have a POTUS that is still riding with his training wheels on, and typing out the most impulsive, dumb **** imaginable. MAGA .......

He does speak off the cuff, and that's a good thing. Because it gives the world an introspective into his brain. And because we can see what a heinous person he is, we can all prepare ourselves.

Not that the smart people didn't know this before he became President.

Jeeeesus.

You take the emotional statement of a young kid who knows very little to nothing yet of the real world, a kid who just went through this horrifying experience like it is supposed to be somehow sapient, an expression of raw emotion that is what, meaningful...? You just appreciate it since this kid shat on the president you don't understand and therefore abhor.

The president's statement is spot on correct. The FBI and other intelligence agencies are tasked, hired and paid by taxpayers not to spend overtime spying on then falsely investigating our duly elected president but instead to protect us from our real enemies, both foreign and domestic. Spending, wasting so much time, money and effort on a witch hunt goose chase is beyond criminal. When the focus is on the laughable instead of that which it by good god should very well have been on, that which is most serious and threatens our, especially our children's, lives. These were credible threats left by the FBI to wither under the table, uninvestigated until way after so many had died.

Shame on the FBI, shame on the media, shame on the Democrat party for pushing everythng else but the Russian delusion off the table. These are th responsible folk with blood on their claws.

well, there really is nothing whatsoever to say about that, that is sane, or that even begins to approach reality.

Good luck with views like that & living in the real world.

Besides those facts, those emotional kids as you call them have more brains, more heart, and more good within themselves than your buddy Trump could ever dream of having.

Those kids also have intuition which Einstein himself claimed was the ignored gift.
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

Last edited:
So, you really don't want an adult as POTUS is what you're saying

Have you ever watched the Jordan Peterson Cathy Newman interview on youtube? You are doing, trying to do, a Newman on me, man. Cut it out. I said and certainly mean nothing of the sort.

Try to put your own silly words as coming out of your own mouth, please.

The president is correct though on this one. The FBI failed to act given they were tipped off about the would be shooter.

Have you ever watched the Jordan Peterson Cathy Newman interview on youtube? You are doing, trying to do, a Newman on me, man. Cut it out. I said and certainly mean nothing of the sort.

Try to put your own silly words as coming out of your own mouth, please.

the only one that sounds & looks silly here is not me; go look in a mirror .............

The president is correct though on this one. The FBI failed to act given they were tipped off about the would be shooter.

It aint about Russia; it aint about Trump .................. oh, wait ..................

To trump, it has to be about him at all times even when it’s not.

That’s called narcissism. We all know he has it. I’m more shocked that people are still outraged and shocked BY his narcissism. Heck. We know that many politicians and ceos have that issue.

That’s called narcissism. We all know he has it. I’m more shocked that people are still outraged and shocked BY his narcissism. Heck. We know that many politicians and ceos have that issue.

well, Trump is certainly NOT about the American people so, we agree on this ............

nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
noun
noun: narcissism

excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
synonyms: vanity, self-love, self-admiration, self-absorption, self-obsession, conceit, self-centeredness, self-regard, egotism, egoism
"his emotional development was hindered by his mother's narcissism"
antonyms: modesty

Psychology:
extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

Psychoanalysis:
self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.

Last edited:

It wasn't just the FBI it was the local police that had been to this kids house constantly for various of domestic issues.
Right after this happened some dumb kids made a gag call and got arrested saying they were going to shoot up a school.

so why can they arrest those guys but not him? they had the evidence and just dumped it over the hill.
they at least could have given it to the local police to investigation and put the school on warning.

both the FBi and the local police had all the information to do something and they failed to act.
trump or anyone else has anything to do with this but TDS'ers have to feed their addiction.

this is like trying to blame sandy hook on obama or the CO on obama or the pulse night club on obama.
all those happened under his watch so i guess he is responsible for all of them? nope the shooter is responsible.

Jeeeesus.

This is classic Kubler Ross Stage II anger. Classic. These kids are traumatized and in shock, and the illusion of control with which they assumed they had in life was just shattered. They are spinning and spinning and spinning, doing everything they can to bring some semblance of dominance and order back to their lives, and this is what it looks like: anger, making demands, blaming, trying to immediate relief for their pain.
We owe it to these kids to not indulge their desire to blame, rather, let's have the really tough conversations which involve everything from gun control to societal ills to parents abdicating their roles and responsibilities to screens, to the glamorization of violence by Hollywood and the music industry to our material culture.

well, there really is nothing whatsoever to say about that, that is sane, or that even begins to approach reality.

Here is a novel suggestion, this being a debate board, how about picking at least one real thing I stated and, you know, counter it with your "sane" argument. Too much to ask?

Why didn't he come out and attack the state of Florida for failing to act? I'll bet if Rick Scott was a Democrat or a #NeverTrumper he would have.

At this point I am encouraging my children to not even consider the FBI as a career path. It repulses me to watch "Republicans" attack them.

Besides those facts, those emotional kids as you call them have more brains, more heart, and more good within themselves than your buddy Trump could ever dream of having.

Those kids also have intuition which Einstein himself claimed was the ignored gift.
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

Well, we now know from where you obtain the wisdom expressed in your eloquent postings, finally. Heaven forbid we divine our truth by logic or something as inane as adult experience.

the only one that sounds & looks silly here is not me; go look in a mirror .............

Methinks if you are relying on other people's logic, since you supplied none yourself, to make your silliness a truth, well, are you still looking in that mirror, and sitting down, cause I got bad news for ya....

Left now using traumatized children as political pawns to get what they want.

Vile creatures. So lucky they aren't in power any longer.

Left now using traumatized children as political pawns to get what they want.

Vile creatures. So lucky they aren't in power any longer.
If you're on their side, the Left's got a pedestal to put you on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom