• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestinians Cheer Carnage Thread

Fledermaus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

JERUSALEM -- In Gaza last week, crowds of children reveled and sang while adults showered them with candies. The cause for celebration: the cold-blooded murder of at least seven people -- five of them Americans -- and the maiming of 80 more by a terrorist bomb on the campus of Jerusalem's Hebrew University. The joyful response of so many to the death, suffering, and mutilation of students and university workers raises pointed questions about the health of Palestinian society, both mental and moral. It makes many Israelis ask whether, even if a cease-fire is reached and negotiations someday resume, peace with the Palestinians is possible.

There is, of course, nothing new about Palestinians applauding terror. During the Gulf War in 1991, they danced on rooftops in praise of Iraqi Scud missiles raining on Israeli neighborhoods. Again, in the mid-1990s, after bus bombs in Israel killed dozens -- one of them was my sister-in-law -- an estimated 70,000 Palestinians filled a Gaza stadium to cheer a reenactment of the massacre. The deaths of over 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11 was another cause for dancing in Palestinian streets, though Arafat's men suppressed foreign coverage of the fete.

The terrorist acts and their gruesome effects are celebrated as inspiration for the next generation. Most recently, a West Bank university held an exhibition in honor of the suicide bomber who killed 14 Israelis at a Jerusalem pizzeria in 2001; the props included painted puddles of blood and scattered body parts. Palestinian parades regularly feature columns of masked and hooded youths girded with cardboard explosives, proclaiming their frenzy to kill. Palestinian babies have also been photographed -- proudly -- in suicide bomber's garb.

Such festivities contrast radically with the reaction of Israelis to the deaths of Palestinian civilians in a recent attack on a Hamas terrorist leader in Gaza. Though "collateral damage" is virtually unavoidable in battle, though the army apologized for its mistake, and though the terrorist himself bore some responsibility for the tragedy by hiding out in a densely populated area, Israelis were deeply disturbed. Many engaged in introspection over anti-terrorist tactics; some took to the street in protest. There was no gloating, no cheering, certainly, but rather nationwide expressions of remorse, even shame.

For all its anomalies, Israel is at base a healthy society. The reaction of Israelis to civilian casualties, even among their mortal enemies, is similar to that shown by Americans after the accidental bombing of villagers in Afghanistan.
But the Palestinians are different. Though Palestinian spokesmen often seek to justify terror in terms of popular frustration....

Compare and contrast....

On the other hand....

Widespread condemnation for video of soldiers cheering shooting of Palestinian

Lawmakers from several parties troubled by widely circulated footage from Gaza border, but back IDF to investigate; rights groups say incident is the rule, not the exception

Another hate thread with posts aimed at demonizing Palestinians, again.

Speaking of hate...

In Gaza last week, crowds of children reveled and sang while adults showered them with candies. The cause for celebration: the cold-blooded murder of at least seven people -- five of them Americans -- and the maiming of 80 more by a terrorist bomb on the campus of Jerusalem's Hebrew University.

Who hate more? The person exposing hate or those that demonstrate it?

Speaking of hate...

In Gaza last week, crowds of children reveled and sang while adults showered them with candies. The cause for celebration: the cold-blooded murder of at least seven people -- five of them Americans -- and the maiming of 80 more by a terrorist bomb on the campus of Jerusalem's Hebrew University.

Who hate more? The person exposing hate or those that demonstrate it?

Everyone who incites ongoing hatred is guilty of hate themselves.

Your posts show, and I mean virtually every thread you create here, that they are aimed at demonizing all Palestinians for what some Palestinians do in order that people here hate them all. It's classic hate tactics as used by every hate group everywhere throughout history.

Your posts are from the same mould as TAAC posts are here, but just aimed at the opposite side. It's obvious.

Everyone who incites ongoing hatred is guilty of hate themselves.

Your posts show, and I mean virtually every thread you create here, that they are aimed at demonizing all Palestinians for what some Palestinians do in order that people here hate them all. It's classic hate tactics as used by every hate group everywhere throughout history.

Your posts are from the same mould as TAAC posts are here, but just aimed at the opposite side. It's obvious.

Please show where I stated ALL Palestinians...

And here is real hatred:

And here is real hatred:

The hatred in your posts is as palpable as the hatred in their actions, fact.

You don't have to state " all Palestinians " that's just the standard disclaimer made by people who don't want to admit that their posts are aimed at demonizing the group . The sheer volume of threads you put out that are pure lets demonize the Palestinians is enough evidence anyone can ask for.

You have opened a thread entitled "palestinians cheer carnage thread. " which is an invite to every Palestinian hate monger to post examples of what SOME Palestinians engage in, in order to demonize them all.

Note... Not one "all" in there either.

There is, of course, nothing new about Palestinians applauding terror. During the Gulf War in 1991, they danced on rooftops in praise of Iraqi Scud missiles raining on Israeli neighborhoods. Again, in the mid-1990s, after bus bombs in Israel killed dozens -- one of them was my sister-in-law -- an estimated 70,000 Palestinians filled a Gaza stadium to cheer a reenactment of the massacre. The deaths of over 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11 was another cause for dancing in Palestinian streets, though Arafat's men suppressed foreign coverage of the fete.

Oh, that's right.

You can't. You are content with lying about what I post.

You could never say " all Palestinians " anyway because it would be obviously a junk statement from the off. No hate group ever say "all" for that very reason. What they do is use the actions of some to demonize the whole, as you do in your threads aimed at doing just that

You could never say " all Palestinians " anyway because it would be obviously a junk statement from the off. No hate group ever say "all" for that very reason. What they do is use the actions of some to demonize the whole, as you do in your threads aimed at doing just that

Feel free to lie about my posts... You often do.

Feel free to lie about my posts... You often do.

They speak for themselves, some latest titles given to your threads

Palestinians Cheer Carnage Thread ( note to reader, "Palestinians" not some Palestinians )

Palestinian Weapons of "war" (AKA Terrorism) ( note to reader, " Palestinian " weapons, not Palestinian militant group weapons

Palestinians cheering Tel Aviv murders - 2016

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hate postings everyone of them imo

They speak for themselves, some latest titles given to your threads

Palestinians Cheer Carnage Thread ( note to reader, "Palestinians" not some Palestinians )

Palestinian Weapons of "war" (AKA Terrorism) ( note to reader, " Palestinian " weapons, not Palestinian militant group weapons

Palestinians cheering Tel Aviv murders - 2016

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hate postings everyone of them imo

You can't find where I said ALL, eh?

WHY LIE ABOUT WHAT I POST?

AND WHY NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THE REPEATED PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF HATRED BY THE PALESTINIANS MENTIONED IN THE OP?

Now lets look at a few other OPs....

Israeli police clear themselves in assault on Palestinian boy... Is that ALL Israeli police?

Israeli troops kill Palestinian teenager by shooting him in stomach Is that ALL the IDF?

Israel sides with Azerbajian ... Hmmm.. According to you ALL Israelis support that.

Israel Plans New Illegal Settlements In Hebron All of Israel is planning that? I don't think so.

The Israeli Wishlist V International Law SOSAD

Last edited:
You can't find where I said ALL, eh?

WHY LIE ABOUT WHAT I POST?

AND WHY NOT ONE WORD ABOUT THE REPEATED PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF HATRED BY THE PALESTINIANS MENTIONED IN THE OP?

Now lets look at a few other OPs....

Israeli police clear themselves in assault on Palestinian boy... Is that ALL Israeli police?

Israeli troops kill Palestinian teenager by shooting him in stomach Is that ALL the IDF?

Israel sides with Azerbajian ... Hmmm.. According to you ALL Israelis support that.

Israel Plans New Illegal Settlements In Hebron All of Israel is planning that? I don't think so.

The Israeli Wishlist V International Law SOSAD

I have told you, and it is true , seldom if ever do those expounding the demonisation of a people state " all " the people. Thy use the cited few to demonize the whole. It's so supported by the evidence that it doesn't need an explanation.

The use of " all " is just too obvious and too easy to rubbish and doesn't allow for the plausible deniability you are using now. That's how every hate operation works. Denial is futile.

Your list is hysterical

1. Only the police involved in the assault and the probable white wash by any police invstigation . Not all Israelis are " police" so it is specifically targeting the Israeli police not all Israelis. If it stated" Israelis clear themselves of assualt" then it would be like one of your posts that site " Palestinians " doing this or that. So the first one is a fail.

2. Same with the second one, a post from someone with a hate agenda would frame that as..." Israelis kill teenager by shooting them in the stomach " or " Jews shoot and kill Palestinian teen "
How can it be " all "IDF ? The comparison is so ridiculous as is your attempt to defend what are, essentially, hate posts/threads. Obviously only those soldiers in the imidiate vicinity would be capable of such an act. Fail number 2

3 Israel is the state not the people of that state, of which around 20% aren't even Jewish. I hate monger would frame that as " Israelis side with Azerbajian " or " Jews side with Azerbajian "and that's why your posts tick the boxes. Most people understand that criticism of the state is not the same as criticism of the people of that state. Fail 3

4 Same applies to your citing of the new illegal settlements in Hebron.........that's a criticism of those people in the government that are driving the policy of the state. A hate monger would write " Jews plan more illegal settlements " etc etc if some states that THE STATE is doing this or that they are criticizing those running the state not the people living in that state. Fail 4

5 Might be the only one where you could try to say the poster, me, should have put " the state of Israels wishlist v international law " BUT seeing as the Israeli wishlist if a clear reference to the Israeli governments negotiating framework that too is a fail , If I had put " Israelis wish list v international law " you would be correct in pointing out, but unfortunately for you I didn't so the reference is a reference to the state itself ,that's another fail.

5 out of 5 fails, that's going some.

I have told you, and it is true , seldom if ever do those expounding the demonisation of a people state " all " the people. Thy use the cited few to demonize the whole. It's so supported by the evidence that it doesn't need an explanation.

The use of " all " is just too obvious and too easy to rubbish and doesn't allow for the plausible deniability you are using now. That's how every hate operation works. Denial is futile.

Your list is hysterical

1. Only the police involved in the assault and the probable white wash by any police invstigation . Not all Israelis are " police" so it is specifically targeting the Israeli police not all Israelis. If it stated" Israelis clear themselves of assualt" then it would be like one of your posts that site " Palestinians " doing this or that. So the first one is a fail.

2. Same with the second one, a post from someone with a hate agenda would frame that as..." Israelis kill teenager by shooting them in the stomach " or " Jews shoot and kill Palestinian teen "
How can it be " all "IDF ? The comparison is so ridiculous as is your attempt to defend what are, essentially, hate posts/threads. Obviously only those soldiers in the imidiate vicinity would be capable of such an act. Fail number 2

3 Israel is the state not the people of that state, of which around 20% aren't even Jewish. I hate monger would frame that as " Israelis side with Azerbajian " or " Jews side with Azerbajian "and that's why your posts tick the boxes. Most people understand that criticism of the state is not the same as criticism of the people of that state. Fail 3

4 Same applies to your citing of the new illegal settlements in Hebron.........that's a criticism of those people in the government that are driving the policy of the state. A hate monger would write " Jews plan more illegal settlements " etc etc if some states that THE STATE is doing this or that they are criticizing those running the state not the people living in that state. Fail 4

5 Might be the only one where you could try to say the poster, me, should have put " the state of Israels wishlist v international law " BUT seeing as the Israeli wishlist if a clear reference to the Israeli governments negotiating framework that too is a fail , If I had put " Israelis wish list v international law " you would be correct in pointing out, but unfortunately for you I didn't so the reference is a reference to the state itself ,that's another fail.

5 out of 5 fails, that's going some.

SOSAD....

So, have you anything to add about (not all) Palestinians cheering carnage?

SOSAD....

So, have you anything to add about (not all) Palestinians cheering carnage?

I agree with the SOSAD inclusion because it is an accurate assessment of your postings here. They fail in 5 out of 5 assertions but things carry on regardless with you having made, precisely, nil efforts to refute their debunking lol

Yep, the thread is obviously a hate thread and belongs on a hate site

More to the point, I believe, is the source of hatred. Ideology that promotes hatred. You don't have to go to the West Bank to find it. Just go to Dearborn Michigan or Minneapolis, Minn. It's commonly known as Islam.

But oh yes, Islamophobia is just another form of hatred. No need to deal with truth here.

More to the point, I believe, is the source of hatred. Ideology that promotes hatred. You don't have to go to the West Bank to find it. Just go to Dearborn Michigan or Minneapolis, Minn. It's commonly known as Islam.

But oh yes, Islamophobia is just another form of hatred. No need to deal with truth here.

I agree 100%

Islamophobia is just as evil as anti-semitism

JERUSALEM -- In Gaza last week, crowds of children reveled and sang while adults showered them with candies. The cause for celebration: the cold-blooded murder of at least seven people -- five of them Americans -- and the maiming of 80 more by a terrorist bomb on the campus of Jerusalem's Hebrew University. The joyful response of so many to the death, suffering, and mutilation of students and university workers raises pointed questions about the health of Palestinian society, both mental and moral. It makes many Israelis ask whether, even if a cease-fire is reached and negotiations someday resume, peace with the Palestinians is possible.

The terrorist acts and their gruesome effects are celebrated as inspiration for the next generation. Most recently, a West Bank university held an exhibition in honor of the suicide bomber who killed 14 Israelis at a Jerusalem pizzeria in 2001; the props included painted puddles of blood and scattered body parts. Palestinian parades regularly feature columns of masked and hooded youths girded with cardboard explosives, proclaiming their frenzy to kill. Palestinian babies have also been photographed -- proudly -- in suicide bomber's garb.

Such festivities contrast radically with the reaction of Israelis to the deaths of Palestinian civilians in a recent attack on a Hamas terrorist leader in Gaza. Though "collateral damage" is virtually unavoidable in battle, though the army apologized for its mistake, and though the terrorist himself bore some responsibility for the tragedy by hiding out in a densely populated area, Israelis were deeply disturbed. Many engaged in introspection over anti-terrorist tactics; some took to the street in protest. There was no gloating, no cheering, certainly, but rather nationwide expressions of remorse, even shame.

For all its anomalies, Israel is at base a healthy society. The reaction of Israelis to civilian casualties, even among their mortal enemies, is similar to that shown by Americans after the accidental bombing of villagers in Afghanistan.
But the Palestinians are different. Though Palestinian spokesmen often seek to justify terror in terms of popular frustration....

Compare and contrast....

Maybe "crowds of children reveled and sang while adults showered them with candies" to celebrate the coming Solstice. Or perhaps they were just happy some of their tormentors are no more. Do we really know why they cheered or why they feel tormented? Do many Americans even care enough to find out?

These questions need to be asked.

JERUSALEM -- {snip}

Compare and contrast....

First off, to be perfectly clear, and avoid fights: cheering for mass slaughter = bad. Always. No matter who does it, or for what reason. Mainly because someone always dies in a slaughter that didn't deserve to. Might be everyone, might be only a handful, but either way, not good to celebrate, even if the slaughter was deemed necessary.

I'm not gonna go at this from a right vs. wrong place, my stance is pretty well understood when it comes to innocence and the ME.

I do find the article interesting, though....lol.... I didn't realize the WSJ engaged in this kind of biased opinion. They make a huge deal of this particular even, with the cryptic " It makes many Israelis ask whether, even if a cease-fire is reached and negotiations someday resume, peace with the Palestinians is possible.", then follow up with "There is, of course, nothing new about Palestinians applauding terror." lol.... Then they go on to list all the ways that Palestinians are the devil incarnate.

However, despite acknowledging Israel's own violence in the next section, they appear to bend over backwards to excuse and minimize it, in an effort to somehow create a partition between the violence, and resulting death of innocents, at the hands of Palestinians vs. at the hands of Israelis (speaking informally, please take for granted that the #NotAll________ is understood on my part). "Though "collateral damage" is virtually unavoidable in battle, though the army apologized for its mistake, and though the terrorist himself bore some responsibility for the tragedy by hiding out in a densely populated area, Israelis were deeply disturbed." lol.... oh yeah? If that's an attempt to hide bias and justification of violence, it kinda fell flat on it's ass.

No one should cheer massacres, that's a given. But it's also a given that this is never going to stop, so long as one side claims sole ownership of decency. The truth is that very little exists, when it comes to this conflict - never was much, never will be much, until both sides learn to hold themselves accountable, and work to find a real solution. Or, perhaps, the solutions have been tried, and it really does come down to the fact that violence is so culturally ingrained that it will never end. I don't know - smarter people than me have been working this out longer than I've been alive, to no avail. All I know is that this piece, in particular, is quite the entertaining study in media bias - at least the bit you've posted here...hehe...

First off, to be perfectly clear, and avoid fights: cheering for mass slaughter = bad. Always. No matter who does it, or for what reason. Mainly because someone always dies in a slaughter that didn't deserve to. Might be everyone, might be only a handful, but either way, not good to celebrate, even if the slaughter was deemed necessary.

I'm not gonna go at this from a right vs. wrong place, my stance is pretty well understood when it comes to innocence and the ME.

I do find the article interesting, though....lol.... I didn't realize the WSJ engaged in this kind of biased opinion. ...
WSJ had been junk ever since Rupert Murdoch bought it. For the most part, the editorial page has devolved into a version of the simplistic "they hate us for our freedoms" explanation for all things complex.

Compare and contrast....

Fledermaus:

The 2002 bombing of the Hebrew University? Are you serious? Why are you going back so far to find an event to make your case? It's really not valid. The median age of Palestinians living in Gaza is 18 years old (compared with a median age of 28 years the world over). That means that half the Gazan population living today was not even born when this atrocity occurred. Furthermore a significant fraction of that celebrating population from 2002 is dead now because Gaza Palestinian life expectancies are so low. Thus you are trying to blame a population for an event which occurred before more than half the population was born and of an older population, a third of which has died out. That seems irrational from my perspective.

Atrocities have been done by both sides in this conflict. In the years since 2002 the State of Israel has directly killed over 3000 Palestinians, many of them civilians doing nothing more than trying to survive and has wounded badly about 20000. Indirectly the State of Israel has contributed to the lowering of life expectancy in Gaza and the premature deaths of tens of thousands of Gazan Palestinians in the past 18 years through its blockades, large scale military attacks, collateral damage (incidental homicide) due to targetted killings and targeted killings of peaceful Palestinian civilians like many of those killed in the Right of Return Marches. So I think your long latent outrage at the Hebrew University bombing atrocity has little to do with current events and may have more to do with demonising 800,000 Palestinians who were not even alive at the time of the event.

The promotion of hate/outrage by those on either side of the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict, serves only to promote violence or to blind others to lack of need for violence and the consequence of using violence in resolving this old and intractable situation.

Cheers, peace be upon you and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
WSJ had been junk ever since Rupert Murdoch bought it. For the most part, the editorial page has devolved into a version of the simplistic "they hate us for our freedoms" explanation for all things complex.

Hmmm...not as familiar with Murdoch as I should be... and I was never a big consumer of the WSJ, so can't really speak comparatively... But this article..hehe...yikes.

Fledermaus:

The 2002 bombing of the Hebrew University? Are you serious? Why are you going back so far to find an event to make your case? It's really not valid. The median age of Palestinians living in Gaza is 18 years old (compared with a median age of 28 years the world over). That means that half the Gazan population living today was not even born when this atrocity occurred. Furthermore a significant fraction of that celebrating population from 2002 is dead now because Gaza Palestinian life expectancies are so low. Thus you are trying to blame a population for an event which occurred before more than half the population was born and of an older population, a third of which has died out. That seems irrational from my perspective.

Atrocities have been done by both sides in this conflict. In the years since 2002 the State of Israel has directly killed over 3000 Palestinians, many of them civilians doing nothing more than trying to survive and has wounded badly about 20000. Indirectly the State of Israel has contributed to the lowering of life expectancy in Gaza and the premature deaths of tens of thousands of Gazan Palestinians in the past 18 years through its blockades, large scale military attacks, collateral damage (incidental homicide) due to targetted killings and targeted killings of peaceful Palestinian civilians like many of those killed in the Right of Return Marches. So I think your long latent outrage at the Hebrew University bombing atrocity has little to do with current events and may have more to do with demonising 800,000 Palestinians who were not even alive at the time of the event.

The promotion of hate/outrage by those on either side of the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict, serves only to promote violence or to blind others to lack of need for violence and the consequence of using violence in resolving this old and intractable situation.

Cheers, peace be upon you and be well.
Evilroddy.

I used that piece because it covers a number of acts of (not all) Palestinians cheering murder and destruction. There is another thread titled "Palestinians cheering Tel Aviv murders - 2016" that addresses more current celebrations of terrorism.

And do you seriously believe the situation in Gaza has improved over years of Hamas beating the "Hate Israel" drum? Their TV shows even promote terror.

And lets speak of the killings in "Right of Return Marches". Show me the crowds in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Haifa cheering those deaths. Perhaps Tel Aviv was awash in celebrants during Operation Cast Lead cheering the deaths of Gazans.

Back
Top Bottom