• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Open Ended Question- Who, and Why does anyone support Trump for President in 2024?

Thankfully, a majority of voting Americans knew this to be total bullshit.
Four examples. This one is from someone who should know better.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
It means that, with things regarding Trump, you cannot set your preconceptions aside and be rational. Given your profession, I would hope for better.

It means that, with things regarding Trump, you cannot set your preconceptions aside and be rational. Given your profession, I would hope for better.
The irony of a Trump lover and staunch defender claiming it is his detractors who can't be rational!

BTW- my loathing of Trump is based upon decades of his behavior- which he obviously carried with him into the White House. The exact opposite of a "preconception."

When his boorish behavior and constant con game was limited to east coast real estate, or reality shows, I could care less.

When folks like you put him in the White House where he could and did do real damage- well then I cared quite a bit.

We have three illustrations of half of my point. Either you hate Trump or you can easily see that he was better than Biden.
100 years from now, American kids will read in their school texts about a mediocre president named Biden, and a 2X impeached, traitorous president named Trump.

The irony of a Trump lover and staunch defender claiming it is his detractors who can't be rational!
The irony of you being unable to distinguish a Trump from an observer expressing an opinion.

BTW- my loathing of Trump is based upon decades of his behavior- which he obviously carried with him into the White House. The exact opposite of a "preconception."
At least you acknowledge your bias even if you do not recognize the extent to which it blinds you.

When his boorish behavior and constant con game was limited to east coast real estate, or reality shows, I could care less.
Once again we return to superficial characteristics and ignore the meat of the issue.

When folks like you put him in the White House where he could and did do real damage- well then I cared quite a bit.
I will admit to voting against Hillary but I voted against Trump in the primary. It was very surprising when it turned out that Trump was doing a good job.

I am with you on this, but i still say we need somewhat of an outsider.

I will , however, vote for Trump if he is the only non Joe Biden or radical democrat candidate.
Voting for incompetence and treason over incompetence is a major mistake

We have three illustrations of half of my point. Either you hate Trump or you can easily see that he was better than Biden.
HAHAHA
Nope no sane person thinks Trump is better than Biden or anyone else

Only anti American cultists are that delusional, fortunately they are in the minority

HAHAHA
Nope no sane person thinks Trump is better than Biden or anyone else
No reasonable, informed, open-minded person does not. Only Trump haters think Biden is better.

The President has no clothes.

Only anti American cultists are that delusional, fortunately they are in the minority
I agree but it's that hates Trump.

No reasonable, informed, open-minded person does not. Only Trump haters think Biden is better.

The President has no clothes.

I agree but it's that hates Trump.
HAHAH keep drinking the Kool Ade my friend

HAHAH keep drinking the Kool Ade my friend
The cult is the one serving Kool-Aid. You keep quoting their dogma.

Because I don't side with the regressive agenda and I'm not a sensitive wiener that needs a safe space from Orange Man mean Tweets. He's an egomaniac...just like most politicians.
And he's also a dismal failure. So what's the attraction in a thief, fraudster and pathological liar? Ideal qualities in a world leader, maybe?

Yes, he's a far better liar, thief, racist and fraudster. He's also much better at bankruptcy and failing in multiple businesses than Biden.

W
What preconceptions? Trump has been a corrupt grifter and pathological liar his entire life; you knew this but voted for him nonetheless. Are all Trump fans equally memory-challenged, or do they see in him a reflection of themselves? I can think of no other reason why anyone with a functioning cortex would vote for such a hopelessly inadequate individual. If he's really the best that Republicans can come up with it's a sad reflection on your country

The irony of you being unable to distinguish a Trump from an observer expressing an opinion.

At least you acknowledge your bias even if you do not recognize the extent to which it blinds you.

Once again we return to superficial characteristics and ignore the meat of the issue.

I will admit to voting against Hillary but I voted against Trump in the primary. It was very surprising when it turned out that Trump was doing a good job.
Your concept of "bias" is quite odd. A negative opinion of someone formed over decades based upon actual behavior is not "bias" to anyone but you.

And that you deem things such as compulsive lying and chronically narcissistic behavior as "superficial characteristics" is difficult to understand. Particularly when it's the president of the United States we are talking about.

100 years from now, American kids will read in their school texts about a mediocre president named Biden, and a 2X impeached, traitorous president named Trump.
You make a number of unsupported assertions here, my friend. 1) 100 years is optimistic, 2) There was an America, 3) There will be kids, and 4) there will be schools, texts and reading. ;)

I get that there are millions of misguided Americans who still, somehow, unbelievably, support this guy.

But amongst even the most ardent of you, do you really believe he could have a chance against literally anyone in the 2024 election?

I think that chance is -0-. But also know Biden is not a great candidate. So if a decent Republican candidate could unseat incumbent Biden, why does the party continue to hitch it's wagon to a proven, and guaranteed loser?
Dying party cannot lose a single voter if they’re gonna do their donors/future employers bidding.

They’re watching polls and hoping they can keep the trumpies and the independents on the bus.

I don’t think they can, but that’s the dynamic.

Because both JFK Jr and Senior will return from the dead then.

I voted Clinton in 2016, but voted Trump in 2020.

Had Trump had enough decency to accept his loss graciously (whether or not he thought it legitimate), I would have considered voting for him in 2024 because his policies weren’t horrible.

His actions after Election Day - nope. He doesn’t respect the peaceful transfer of power and his ego can’t take losing, even for the greater good.

So, no, I would not vote for him again and I do hope the GOP has enough common sense not to run him.

I’d like to see fresh candidates from both sides, to be honest.

We need a unifier. Or at least someone that can try to be one.

I can live with this. I honestly don't think Trump wants to go through another four years of getting lied about, anyways. He can accomplish much without running for office. One part of me wants him to run, but the other says we need new, fresh candidates, as you said. The left has become far, far too radical and Trump again, would bring those TDS juices to a boil and sadly would do more harm to our country. We've all seen firsthand, now, what the democrats are doing to our country and it's not good. Imo, the number one thing which needs to be done now, is vote out the left, send them home, regain control and put the woke insane crazy nutjobs out of business.

This isn't what the OP asked but it is quite on topic to Trump support. I noticed an article about a new poll (NY Times/Siena) today and here are what polls say on the topic, going back a year. I see a lessening of support but, unless that lessening trend gains steam, it appears he still maintains a lot of support.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 081348.png

I can live with this. I honestly don't think Trump wants to go through another four years of getting lied about, anyways. He can accomplish much without running for office. One part of me wants him to run, but the other says we need new, fresh candidates, as you said. The left has become far, far too radical and Trump again, would bring those TDS juices to a boil and sadly would do more harm to our country. We've all seen firsthand, now, what the democrats are doing to our country and it's not good. Imo, the number one thing which needs to be done now, is vote out the left, send them home, regain control and put the woke insane crazy nutjobs out of business.
Trump doesn't want to be lied about? Then here's a radical suggestion; how about he quits lying and sets an example? Trump turned America into a global joke, alienated long-standing allies, insulted world leaders and the military tasked to protect your country, lied to US citizens on a daily basis, stole millions for personal use from the charity his 'foundation' set up (which was subsequently ordered to close), and which he was ordered to repay. And along with the 'university' fraud which cost him $25 million to settle, you're still defending this crook? Unbelievable; you must be a true devotee for some unfathomable reason.

One part of me thinks he deserves to serve again, following all the unfair (literally Dem set up) witch hunts. Many presidents aren't treated well but to fabricate massive lies and then accuse a president of committing crimes that were lies set up by the accusers - just went against everything I can fathom. As a result of that terrible injustice, part of me can't help but to think he just deserves it.
But another bigger part of me thinks we need fresh candidates. As you mentioned about the left, they are far, far too radical. I think they'll resort to the same (lowest of low lies) about any candidate because they, in general, have reached a constant state of uncontrolled boiling juices toward not only Trump.
Your last sentence is exactly right. They aren't just angry but they've lost all reason and their intent is to be dangerous to those they disagree with (e.g., SCOTUS justices). Their tactics and steps have become insane.

One part of me thinks he deserves to serve again, following all the unfair (literally Dem set up) witch hunts. Many presidents aren't treated well but to fabricate massive lies and then accuse a president of committing crimes that were lies set up by the accusers - just went against everything I can fathom. As a result of that terrible injustice, part of me can't help but to think he just deserves it.
But another bigger part of me thinks we need fresh candidates. As you mentioned about the left, they are far, far too radical. I think they'll resort to the same (lowest of low lies) about any candidate because they, in general, have reached a constant state of uncontrolled boiling juices toward not only Trump.
Your last sentence is exactly right. They aren't just angry but they've lost all reason and their intent is to be dangerous to those they disagree with (e.g., SCOTUS justices). Their tactics and steps have become insane.
Crimes like theft from his own charity, a fraudulent 'university' scam, a race discrimination case? Nothing to see there, right? No, Trump is a fine, honest, morally principled and upstanding US citizen! He's a ****ing unapologetic crook and a pathetic sore loser who views encounters with the law as an occupational hazard, and you're defending him!

Back
Top Bottom