• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once again, the Truth

There are a great many examples of Carlson lying, but posting a long list isn’t necessary when the below reference fully discredits any notion that Carlson is an honest broker of information.

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

“During the 2016 presidential campaign, McDougal, a former Playboy model, had sought to tell her account of an earlier affair with Trump. The National Enquirer tabloid bought McDougal's story for $150,000 during the 2016 campaign and then buried it to protect Trump from any fallout.

More than two years later, in December 2018, Carlson began presenting Trump as the victim of extortion. Seeking to discredit former Trump attorney Michael Cohen's tale of hush payments — and alleged campaign finance law violations — Carlson first told viewers, "Remember the facts of the story. These are undisputed."

But they aren't undisputed. They're not even facts.

He then proceeded to say, "Two women approach Donald Trump and threaten to ruin his career and humiliate his family if he doesn't give them money. Now that sounds like a classic case of extortion."

A lot of "stuff" there.

What is it that you are citing as a lie presented by Tucker Carlson?

Sorry. Not sure I understand. Using my phone and don’t know how to post links. But it was pretty public that Trump said we had to “take out their families” to fight terrorists (Dec 2015, Fox and Friends) and do torture worse than waterboarding (republican debate in Manchester, 2016). Both practices are war crimes, for which we hanged Germans and Japanese. He also pardoned soldiers who had committed war crimes, whom our military charged, which I am sure you don’t need a reference to. I presume those are the things you challenged my post about. I also presume that people who know more disabused Trump of these notions. But his instincts and style are those of fascists. It amazes me how some who seem to support Trump seem to know so little about the uglier things he has said and done.

I think that Fascism is revealed by actions actually made in the real world.

Simply having instincts and style is not Fascism. Speaking of things that are not legal is not actually doing things that are not legal.

I have commented that Sleepy Joe's new home is appropriately one with a good nursing staff- not a Chief of Staff- but I have not enforced that preference.

I have read many and varied posts in this forum complaining that Trump did NOT commit Fascist acts. As a result, he allowed the people residing in the states to suffer, tormented by idiots like Cuomo.

True Fascists are demanding that Trump behave in ways that would define him as a Fascist and are then calling him a Fascist to indicate their disapproval that he is not acting as a Fascist would act.

We live in strange times.

A lot of "stuff" there.

What is it that you are citing as a lie presented by Tucker Carlson?
Are you really so lazy that you can’t read the entire post, or are you just trying to avoid acknowledging yet another of your stupid failed claims?

Doesn’t matter either way, my point was proven; Carlson, admittedly, lies as a matter of routine.

no, you see this is a fallacy of how the media has become... REPORTERS recognize such idiot statements exactly for what they are and question them, not nod in agreement letting they guest say whatever they care to and then acknowledge it. screening troops is fine. doing it the way HE outlined is wrong.

i heard no part where he stated African-Americans were a problem. you are going to have to point that out for me. I believe you are misconstruing something.
Sort of agree with your first part. As to the second, I think you misunderstood. My point was his apocalyptic language on certain issues, and I tried to give other examples not contained in his message we spoke of. Tucker did not mention blacks in his monologue. But his (in my view) over-the-top description of a two day old administration was like his comments that the arrival African immigrants could be a "flood that could become a torrent" and overwhelm our country. He previously decried immigration from Latin America as changing the country we knew. First, there are perfectly legal and humanitarian ways of dealing with and limiting mass migrations, measures that are taken in various places around the world. Second, for a smart guy, he seems ignorant of history. His I-won't-recognize-my-country laments about the new breeds of immigrants is no different than what was said about Italians and Jews some time ago, about Irish before that, and about Germans before that. You got used to eating strudel, wearing green on March 17, and ordering pizza, Tucker. Now wake up and smell the couscous and falafel.

Tried to watch him. Disgusting. He would get gold, silver and bronze in a conclusion jumping event at the Olympics. Assumes facts not in evidence, as the lawyers say. He talks about the leftward drift in our military. Yeah, the military has always been a hotbed of liberalism.
Well they did fail to institute a takeover of the govt. to keep the one term mistake in power. That makes them liberal traitors doesn't it? That is what Tucker is complaining about isn't it?

i dont really remember him being for it either. neither was I.
Like most of your kind you have a very poor memory.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: The federal government has absolute power. It has the power. As to whether or not I'll use that power, we'll see.

Pentagon Chief Rejects Trump's Threat To Use Military To Quell Unrest
In a move that possibly placed his job in peril, Defense Secretary Mark Esper publicly disagreed Wednesday with President Trump's threatened use of the 1807 Insurrection Act to quell widespread unrest over the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white Minneapolis police officer kneeled on his neck.
"The option to use active-duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort, and only in the most urgent and dire of situations. We are not in one of those situations now," Esper told reporters at a Pentagon briefing. "I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act."

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/8689...trumps-threat-to-use-military-to-quell-unrest

I think that Fascism is revealed by actions actually made in the real world.

Simply having instincts and style is not Fascism. Speaking of things that are not legal is not actually doing things that are not legal.

I have commented that Sleepy Joe's new home is appropriately one with a good nursing staff- not a Chief of Staff- but I have not enforced that preference.

I have read many and varied posts in this forum complaining that Trump did NOT commit Fascist acts. As a result, he allowed the people residing in the states to suffer, tormented by idiots like Cuomo.

True Fascists are demanding that Trump behave in ways that would define him as a Fascist and are then calling him a Fascist to indicate their disapproval that he is not acting as a Fascist would act.

We live in strange times.
Have to mildly disagree. In addition to his fascist style of urging violence or "I alone can solve it" rhetoric, I believe that Trump was a dictator wannabe. He said that Saddam was a bad person, but admired how he handled terrorists, failing to mention those efforts was no doubt problematic as well. He has expressed impatience with the norms of democracies and international institutions. I truly believe that if allowed, he would do torture worse than waterboarding and take out the families of terrorists. I hope it is not true, but there was a report that after a drone or missle killed a terrorist suspect, Trump asked why our military waited until the man left his home and presumably his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he had said that, would you?

Have to mildly disagree. In addition to his fascist style of urging violence or "I alone can solve it" rhetoric, I believe that Trump was a dictator wannabe. He said that Saddam was a bad person, but admired how he handled terrorists, failing to mention those efforts was no doubt problematic as well. He has expressed impatience with the norms of democracies and international institutions. I truly believe that if allowed, he would do torture worse than waterboarding and take out the families of terrorists. I hope it is not true, but there was a report that after a drone or missle killed a terrorist suspect, Trump asked why our military waited until the man left his home and presumably his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he had said that, would you?

That last point is interesting and not supported by a link. Do you have one? I suspect not. Most of the rubbish like that, at least 99.9% is hate motivated lies.

ALL of the points you posted before that essentially say: I have absolutely no real world proof of anything, but this is what my hate is moving me to say.

If there is actual evidence of Trump actually doing things that prove him him to be a Fascist, I'd love for you to cite the example and support the citation with a link.

Watcha got?

Back
Top Bottom