• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once again, the Truth

If you are not going to at least quote the high points and comment on their relevance, why bother?

Tried to watch him. Disgusting. He would get gold, silver and bronze in a conclusion jumping event at the Olympics. Assumes facts not in evidence, as the lawyers say. He talks about the leftward drift in our military. Yeah, the military has always been a hotbed of liberalism.

If you are not going to at least quote the high points and comment on their relevance, why bother?

just trying to get people to see it. I want them to watch it t first, not just write negativity to a post I make. you are welcome to comment if you want.

as far as high points, its amazing how we have more troops in DC now than they had in 1968 when DC was literally burning.

it is definitely a show of power, not just for protection of the capitol.

AND THEN, that jackass has the nerve to state that they need to check into the national guard men and women DOING the protecting because they are probably majority Trump supporters. I guess they will want loyalty oaths next.

Tried to watch him. Disgusting. He would get gold, silver and bronze in a conclusion jumping event at the Olympics. Assumes facts not in evidence, as the lawyers say. He talks about the leftward drift in our military. Yeah, the military has always been a hotbed of liberalism.

No new wars under Trump. Trump favors negotiation over military intervention. If he had been in office in 2001, we would never have invaded Afghanistan. I'm not sure that Militarists favor either the Left or the Right. They favor power.

The military leadership loves interventionists. So do those in Congress that love things that fly and go "Bang!" They hate Trump. Probably another reason contributing to McCain's hatred of Trump.

I didn't watch the link or the show that it references.

just trying to get people to see it. I want them to watch it t first, not just write negativity to a post I make. you are welcome to comment if you want.

as far as high points, its amazing how we have more troops in DC now than they had in 1968 when DC was literally burning.

Huh...when you start complaining about local police departments with paramilitary gear, armored personnel carriers and the like, then I'll take this complaint seriously.

AND THEN, that jackass has the nerve to state that they need to check into the national guard men and women DOING the protecting because they are probably majority Trump supporters. I guess they will want loyalty oaths next.

Not sure if you watched the riots in Washington, but I saw a serious problem with the capital police letting people through and taking selfies with the rioters...

Carlson’s an idiot - and yes I watched it last night.

The worst you can state is that all those troops are a massive CYA effort. If they didn’t put that many troops there and something like Jan 6 happened again wanna guess how many careers would end and what the history books might say about it?

At best it’s a reasonable reaction to the threat of a bunch of delusional, psychotic mother****ers.

Huh...when you start complaining about local police departments with paramilitary gear, armored personnel carriers and the like, then I'll take this complaint seriously.

Not sure if you watched the riots in Washington, but I saw a serious problem with the capital police letting people through and taking selfies with the rioters...

the hell? i already think they should not have personnel carriers or any weapons citizens themselves cannot have. but they should have riot gear such as helmets shields and pepper spray for , y'kniow , riots.

as for the latter, that does not make the necessity to have 25000 guard present, we have to pay for.

Carlson’s an idiot - and yes I watched it last night.

The worst you can state is that all those troops are a massive CYA effort. If they didn’t put that many troops there and something like Jan 6 happened again wanna guess how many careers would end and what the history books might say about it?

At best it’s a reasonable reaction to the threat of a bunch of delusional, psychotic mother****ers.

BS, there is no way it would happen again with even 500 guardsmen there. it was only a couple hundred that broke in.

its totally unreasonable.

No new wars under Trump. Trump favors negotiation over military intervention. If he had been in office in 2001, we would never have invaded Afghanistan. I'm not sure that Militarists favor either the Left or the Right. They favor power.

The military leadership loves interventionists. So do those in Congress that love things that fly and go "Bang!" They hate Trump. Probably another reason contributing to McCain's hatred of Trump.

I didn't watch the link or the show that it references.

out of curiosity, what is the point in your last sentence?

BS, there is no way it would happen again with even 500 guardsmen there. it was only a couple hundred that broke in.

Right. People who get payed to protect the President can’t just say “there’s no way it would happen again.”

I think closer to 1,000 according to the FBI. And the number is irrelevant when it's an attempted coup.

Last edited:
Your link doesn't work. What does Carlson say?

it works fine for me.

basically what I stated in my small summary. he calls out cohen as well for stating that the guard needs to be tested as trump supporters.

it works fine for me.

basically what I stated in my small summary. he calls out cohen as well for stating that the guard needs to be tested as trump supporters.

Of course they do. One of the main reasons the insurrection got as far as it did is because cops cooperated with the rioters and let them in. Of course the National Guard needs to be tested for trump supporters. Duh.

Of course they do. One of the main reasons the insurrection got as far as it did is because cops cooperated with the rioters and let them in. Of course the National Guard needs to be tested for trump supporters. Duh.

so lets base whether a person can effectively do his job due to his political beliefs, his sex and his race, and if he can't match up correctly, dismiss him... is that really what you are going with?

just trying to get people to see it.
No clicks for you

Wow. That is super meaningful :rolleyes:

Or... You protect the Capitol with a show of power. What a concept.

By the way, did Carlson object to Trump demanding a Communist-style military parade in DC? Talk about a "show of power...."

so lets base whether a person can effectively do his job due to his political beliefs, his sex and his race, and if he can't match up correctly, dismiss him... is that really what you are going with?

Trump supporters are insurgents. I can't believe we're still debating this.

By the way, did Carlson object to Trump demanding a Communist-style military parade in DC? Talk about a "show of power...."
did it happen? no, it did not.

No, dude.

We already know that right-wing extremists and white nationalists are deliberately infiltrating the US military. Even right-wing news sources are reporting on this.

No, dude.

We already know that right-wing extremists and white nationalists are deliberately infiltrating the US military. Even right-wing news sources are reporting on this.

OMG the main stream media is reporting on something!

that makes it... well not even necessarily close to true.

did it happen? no, it did not.
lol

Your attempt to deflect is absurd. The point is that Carlson did not object to a blatant "show of power" when it was Trump demanding it.

lol

Your attempt to deflect is absurd. The point is that Carlson did not object to a blatant "show of power" when it was Trump demanding it.

i dont really remember him being for it either. neither was I.

Back
Top Bottom