• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long [W:29, 210]

Re: On gay marriage, America's house may not stay divided for long

Ahh There it is again---Religious "conscience"--- like it is a "right" or something....:rofl

Now it's "constitutional" rights of conscience... How do you figure that our great constitution allows you to discriminate based on "your" religious views...How about "my" religious views or "their" religious views?

Yea, the 3% is bending the 97% over and breaking it off in them.

weird you seem to think that only gays support equal rights seems you are severely uneducated on this topic

...."in a message of LOVE?"

Fair enough, but I hope you remember that when discriminating against those whose religious conscience is in conflict with yours. Peace.

Aha.. Are we talking :shoot:shoot here? The ultimate conservative threat....

Fair enough, but I hope you remember that when discriminating against those whose religious conscience is in conflict with yours. Peace.

Well I do think a business has no right to deny service based religion sex sexual orientation etc. I do think also a business has the right to put up a sign that says "we hate fsgs" bible verses or whatever. Then it is up to the customer if they want to depart with their hard earned money

Last edited:

Yeah, and so....?

Actually, it seems to me to be the same principle--everyone does not have the same rights..
And that is the way it is...a 12 year old doesn't have the right to vote...hey, that's not equal right? Neither does a person that is not a citizen here...not equal either. You tell me, can I, a man, marry another man in most states? No, and neither can any other man, hetero or homosexual... that is not separate, that is exactly equal... we can eat at the same restaurant, use the same public toilets, drink out of the same fountains...

Just wondering, it "seeming" to be the same, you would have to explain to me how you view it as not having the same rights...

What does gay rights have to do with the strength and integrity of our country?.. It is their country too and you don't have the right to be either tolerant nor intolerant of a citizen's right to their pursuit of happiness..

The building blocks of a strong nation are its families. Families are created through procreation, and you probably know about homosexual sex not being procreative sex. The strongest of families have a father and a mother. While it sounds all nice and touchy feely, it is less good to have single parenthood and it is lesser good to have same sex parents, for the children's sake. Also, marriage, which is a proven good thing in societies, is lessened, does not have its real meaning anymore, by this desire of homosexuals that everyone else to accept, be forced to accept, what many of us just do not, probably will never accept, as right, nor as good practice.

Just because somebody wants something, if it hurts the whole and in the long run, you have the strength to say no...just like a parent does with their children. Cookies before dinner, gonna kill a kid? No, but it is better for them to have an appetite and eat the proper things at dinner.

Like it or not NAMBLA is part of the gay rights movement and like it or not NAMBLA from the beginning have been "pushing" for same sex marriages.
Once again you are wrong. I am not trying to equate all gays and gay rights supporters as somehow having something to do with pedophilia. I am connecting NAMBLA as part of the gay rights movement.

Once again you are mistaken. Though the Alliance Defense Fund has helped many in such cases, it isn't like the ADF rides into town on a white horse immediately. Some over unfair charges lose their jobs and livelihood , have already shelled out for an attorney, and there is no way to measure the mental stress and its adverse affects on these people being forced to endure such things. It is not the nature for a Christian to sue. Their teachings recommend every effort be exhausted before taking an issue to court to secure their constitutional rights. The lawfare that is being practiced by leftist judges who have been politically appointed are using law as a weapon of war to intimidate, terrorize, and silence dissent. By their skewed reading of the law they are trampling the rights of conscience and redefining it as discrimination.

Forced? They chose to do so. And adoption is about what is in the best interest of children, not religious groups.

The Catholic adoption agencies in Religious Conscience believe the best interest of children is to provide them with a mother and a father, not two moms or two dads. When they are no longer allowed to keep that standard then that is forcing them to shut their doors. It's also happening over Obamacare and the mandate forcing religious organizations and companies to provide health care that includes contraceptives and abortion pills which goes against their religious conscience. Instead of compromising their beliefs some are closing their doors such as soup kitchens, homeless shelters, works in prisons, and health clinics. Currently there are over 67 lawsuits against the federal government from such organizations/businesses fighting this mandate. A lot of costs for litigation involved that could have gone to feed, clothe, shelter the poor, and care for the sick. A huge loss to society.

That simply is not true.

Oh yes it is, parents took the school board to court over introducing homosexual material to their elementary school students. The federal judge, a political appointee, ruled against them.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive//ldn/2007/feb/07022604

You need to check your facts.

My facts are just fine.

Like it or not NAMBLA is part of the gay rights movement and like it or not NAMBLA from the beginning have been "pushing" for same sex marriages.

NAMBLA is NOT part of the "Gay Rights Movement." NAMBLA is a crackpot organization of mentally ill individuals who preach that their mental illness is comparable to homosexuality and should be accepted in the same way. No Gay Rights advocate supports the sexual abuse of children under the age of 14...NONE! Claiming a NAMBLA "gay rights activist" exists is based on your wholly incorrect assumption that male pedophiles who prey on pre-pubescent male children are also "homosexuals."

To make such a comparison and then assert they are part of the Gay Rights movement is a gross misstatement of the facts, and a fallacious attempt to undermine the whole by asserting (falsely) a part is so immoral the whole must also be. At best you are making a weak analogy, at worst a fallacy of composition or a straw man argument.

Try again!

Last edited:

Now it's "constitutional" rights of conscience... How do you figure that our great constitution allows you to discriminate based on "your" religious views...How about "my" religious views or "their" religious views?

How did the lesbian couple figure that the state law overrides the constitutional religious protections of the bakery couple? They sure didn't mind discriminating against the bakery couples rights. Had they any tolerance at all, they would have just gone to another bakery down the street and not violated anybody's rights.

This one issue makes it clear for all to see, the gay rights issues are not all about "ending discrimination" or "equal rights" it's about supporting and legitimizing discrimination that they chose.

I didn't write the history for the modern gay rights movement. Harry Hay, the founder of the first gay rights organization was an advocate to include NAMBLA. Today NAMBLA for them is like the relative that nobody in the family wants to talk about. They have certainly distance themselves recently and since 2000 or so barred them from gay parades.

Last edited:

Wow, he makes one speech referencing his own personal experience as a 14 yo actively seeking a sexual relationship with an older man, stating he KNEW what he was doing and didn't care; then saying that parent's of gay teens should be running interference for NAMBLA because other kids that age (13-15) may also feel that way. Ho hum...so he "supported" NAMBLA (although was never a member). This does not make NAMBLA a part of the Gay Rights movement.

This is akin to pro-life advocates stating that since the founder of Planned Parenthood (Margaret Sanger) was a "racist," then anyone who currently supports Planned Parenthood is also a racist.

Like I stated, at best a weak analogy, and at worst a fallacy of composition or a straw man argument.

Last edited:

No sugar booger, Harry did more than make one speech. The support for NAMBLA can be found in his writings. There are photos of him attending a gay parade in California wearing a sign that states "NAMBLA WALKS WITH ME". I posted it earlier. It's a matter of fact. Do I think all gay activists are supportive of pedophilia and that Harry Hay speaks for them? Hell no. But the history of the movement is what it is.

Sugar booger? LOL

My point is that YOUR point has no value in this discussion. NAMBLA is not a "Gay Rights" organization, and has never actually been one, despite citing the actions of one gay activist.

I am not gay and I was not overly fond of that orientation when I was younger. However, even I misunderstood the position of NAMBLA back when it first got started. From what little I knew I thought that it was just a group supporting lowering teenage age of consent laws for same-sex relationships. I had no idea that they advocated pre-pubescent sexual activities. Once that was clearly discovered, they lost all credibility with everyone except their own twisted fellow-travelers.

Bringing up this "history" serves what purpose? It clearly has nothing to do with same-sex marriage. It is nothing but an attempt to denegrate the whole by the actions of a very very few.

Last edited:

The reason for bringing up NAMBLA in the first place was its one of several sexual orientations that most would never support. But we are finding out that the majority doesn't matter anymore. Take Prop 8 for example, the majority of the people voted against gay marriage but because the Democrat Governor and Democrat State Attorney along with gay activists on the 9th Circus Court of Appeals the majority didn't matter. Take abortion law as another example. The majority of the people at the time of Roe v Wade were strongly against abortion but the majority had no say and 9 political appointed justices over-ruled the wishes of the majority. The laws and opinions being written today on defining discrimination and redefining marriage will be tomorrow's nightmare. When you add to the new laws/opinions with the change in culture, lacking a moral compass, it is going to set it up for "other" sexual orientation advocacy groups under the guise of "civil rights" to have them granted. And it won't matter a damn if the people by the majority are against it. All it takes is for a judge or judges to read the laws and determine they have that right.

It is a false analogy!! It's like me saying since certain pro-life members bomb abortion clinics killing workers there under the justification they are stopping murderers, therefore ALL pro-life members are murderous psycho-bombers. It's like me saying since some fundamentalist Christians think every single word in their particular version of the Bible is direct from God, therefore ALL Christians believe the world was created 6,000 years ago.

Your point is not validated by using NAMBLA as the basis for any argument.

Last edited:

Part? Maybe, I don't know haven't research that. However, just because NAMBLA believes in gay rights does not mean the gay rights movement is the same as NAMBLA.

I'll give you an example, if the KKK endorse a GOP candidate, does that mean the GOP candidate is a member of the KKK or even agrees with them?

Yes it is a valid point to include the history of organizations that were part of the gay rights movement in the beginning. I have never claimed all agreed with NAMBLA but that NAMBLA was part of their organizations for decades. To deny that is being intellectually dishonest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

This article shows certain organizations within the gay movement putting pressure on other organizations within the gay movement with ties to NAMBLA to break them at the same time connecting the ties to NAMBLA with certain gay rights organizations nationally and internationally.

Now you and others continue to go back to my NAMBLA statement as not being valid. Well clearly the organization had ties to the gay rights movement. Deal with it. It seems you all are using the NAMBLA issue to avoid discussing how laws on discrimination and Gay marriage are affecting us now and the affects they will have in the future.

How could these people be "twisted" if everyone should be allowed to "marry who they love" as those who push gay marriage keep saying? Myself, I don't buy into that nonsense but the gay right special rights activists keep saying it.

How could these people be "twisted" if everyone should be allowed to "marry who they love" as those who push gay marriage keep saying? Myself, I don't buy into that nonsense but the gay right special rights activists keep saying it.

Do you understand legal consent? I'm guessing not.

Do you understand legal consent? I'm guessing not.

How long have you been a member of NAMBLA? Myself, I think it's sick and disgusting for 10 or 12 year old to be able to legally consent to marriage to say a 30 year old even though that's "who they love". Why don't you?

How long have you been a member of NAMBLA? Myself, I think it's sick and disgusting for 10 or 12 year old to be able to legally consent to marriage to say a 30 year old even though that's "who they love". Why don't you?

Oh dear god he never said anything of the sort

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…